Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, acmanu said:

Quick question - I have police certs from India and UK and I have been living in Canada for 5 years. If they expire before my interview and I haven't travelled to both those countries that means I can still use them? 

And congrats on you approval!

According to this page https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/MTL-Montreal.html, it doesn't seem a new cert is needed if a person has not traveled back to that country since the cert was issued / submitted to NVC.

Anyone can confirmed?

image.png.00ba49c7202c00feb6afb2a76e87252e.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
7 minutes ago, namez said:

According to this page https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/MTL-Montreal.html, it doesn't seem a new cert is needed if a person has not traveled back to that country since the cert was issued / submitted to NVC.

Anyone can confirmed?

image.png.00ba49c7202c00feb6afb2a76e87252e.png

FYI I spent two semesters abroad in 2013 and 2014, so I spent about 5 months in two different countries and they asked for the police certificates for those - even though I stayed way less than a year in each. The certificates have been expired for years but they didn’t mind at the interview since I haven’t been back since. Another proof that it’s always best to have more than necessary.

So the embassy called my wife and said her fingerprints did not register correctly so she has to go back to Montreal. Ridiculous. They make mistakes and we have to pay for flights and travel. I have a feeling that they are going to find other issues after the fact and take even longer. Why can't they be up front from the beginning you literally can only ask questions when they feel like answering them.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Japples said:

So the embassy called my wife and said her fingerprints did not register correctly so she has to go back to Montreal. Ridiculous. They make mistakes and we have to pay for flights and travel. I have a feeling that they are going to find other issues after the fact and take even longer. Why can't they be up front from the beginning you literally can only ask questions when they feel like answering them.

Oh no, that's awful.  All the technology available in 2020 and they want her to fly to a distant city so she can put her fingers down on a plate that electronically registers her fingerprints.  It's astonishing.

Congratulations to everyone who got approved!  I'm super happy!  

Timeline
52 minutes ago, Japples said:

can you request to go to a closer consulate?

7 minutes ago, Tofu said:

can you request to go to a closer consulate?

They said come to Montreal. They were vague as usual. They told her not to book her ticket until tomorrow when they call back to confirm a day she can come to the consulate. My wife also has an American sim card because she had to do a lot of her medical exams/ interviews in the USA and the agent was asking why her cell number is a USA number. It's just a sim card because it's cheaper than having to pay international plans. Now i think they have gotten suspicious. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Romans13 said:

I have lived in 2 countries prior to Canada. I got certs from those countries. I have not been back to those countries at all since the certs were issued. They are now expired but I have not gone back. The certs were accepted. 
the Canadian cert has to be current. 

they grilled me on how we met, the marriage ceremony and also the job which my joint sponsor does etc. 

i cannot remember much more but just like Dgf, the guy went to look for a paper but it was not on his wall, so he left and said he needs to give it to me. After a while he came back and handed it to me. I thought it was a denial, but then he said case approved. Very nervous moment. 

45min total. I waited 15 min from seeing the first window to being interviewed. 

I'm so glad you were approved. When you say they grilled you on how you met - what type of questions did they specifically ask? Also, what questions were asked around the marriage ceremony piece? That is new to me! 

1 hour ago, Lovepeace0303 said:

I'm so glad you were approved. When you say they grilled you on how you met - what type of questions did they specifically ask? Also, what questions were asked around the marriage ceremony piece? That is new to me! 

Describe circumstances on how we met. Describe length of time before getting married. Describe the wedding ceremony and who was there. 
things like that. 

also I was asked about what kind of work the i864 joint sponsor did, and who they worked for. 

I am crying happy tears for all of those approved today! I hope from now on you guys hear only great news like this. 

In the meantime, for those that are still waiting - like me - are we supposed to receive any news this week? Tomorrow is election, so there will be no excuse that this processing is going slow because of elections.

High hopes for this week 😃

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, Michy23 said:

Is it a problem to have an American cell number? Does anyone else have any experience with this?

It shouldn't be.

Canadian Hawk Rider has had a US cell on US Hawk Rider's plan 2 yrs before we married...

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline

We recently got a small flood of spreadsheet requests...

Step1: complete the timeline on VJ attached to your profile

Step 2: send us a message 

The VJ timeline data makes the community stronger insofar as predicting case completion and matching similar timelines.

Users who have completed their timeline got added to the spreadsheet; others can be once the timeline is completed.

Cheers. 

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline

@Airline Pilot: got a tracking number for passport return yet?

@starboogie, got your passport?

Edited by Hawk Riders

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Canada.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.