Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, DGF said:

That was what my first police certificate said. It was accepted by the NVC at the same time as people were being denied at their interviews with the same one. I'd wait and see what happens on Monday. We all have the one that says "Other (Provide Details)". If none of us have issues with the police certificate then I'd suggest getting a new one that says "Other (Provide Details)" just in case. I believe someone recently was approved with the one you have but it can't hurt (other than your wallet) to have both!

My first (now expired) says “for non certified criminal information” and my new one that I just got says “other” 😬 now I’m stressed and thinking I should make an appointment to try and get the other one again haha

6 hours ago, rafale1973 said:

I guess it’s look like I won’t have an interview in November as I was hoping. I don’t understand why they haven’t scheduled anyone for November 18,23,25 and 30. Unless they scheduled people that we don’t know but I honestly doubt there is a lot of DQ people in between January 6 and 11. People from January 7, 8 and 10 haven’t heard anything yet either. I honestly doubt that next week they would schedule us for the rest of November as it would give us only 2-3 weeks to do medical and get the results on time for the interview. I still hope to be back home from christmas. But I guess my interview will only be in December, at least that’s what it looks like... 

Is it because of U.S. Thanksgiving. Last week of November?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Abhikochar said:

Is it because of U.S. Thanksgiving. Last week of November?

No. It's because they typically send out interview letters for the next month with 3-4 weeks before the scheduled interview date for the month. If they send out interview letters next week for the remaining dates of November (18th, 23rd, 30th) it would only give people 2 weeks to get their information together which is not part of their "normal" process. I don't think Thanksgiving has anything to do with their delays/pausing to fill those dates. Last year, they still interviewed the week of Thanksgiving, just not on the actual holiday. 

Nothing is truly "normal" anymore, so who knows what could potentially happen. I doubt that they will send out any letters next week (esp with the election coming up). I have a feeling we'll see December scheduling in mid-Nov (possibly on Nov 10-12th based on historical data). Fingers crossed. 🤞

Timeline
43 minutes ago, Lovepeace0303 said:

No. It's because they typically send out interview letters for the next month with 3-4 weeks before the scheduled interview date for the month. If they send out interview letters next week for the remaining dates of November (18th, 23rd, 30th) it would only give people 2 weeks to get their information together which is not part of their "normal" process. I don't think Thanksgiving has anything to do with their delays/pausing to fill those dates. Last year, they still interviewed the week of Thanksgiving, just not on the actual holiday. 

Nothing is truly "normal" anymore, so who knows what could potentially happen. I doubt that they will send out any letters next week (esp with the election coming up). I have a feeling we'll see December scheduling in mid-Nov (possibly on Nov 10-12th based on historical data). Fingers crossed. 🤞

I just really don’t understand why they havent schedule anyone for November 18, 23,25 and 30. 

All this makes me more and more angry and really really sad. I was really hoping to have my interview in November. I’ve started all this back in August 2018. I hate seeing people from other country (Philippines & London) that have started after me, that were DQ a long time after me that already got their interview scheduled. I jus tient get it. 

😭😭😭😭😭😭

Timeline
2 hours ago, Dbrennan said:

My first (now expired) says “for non certified criminal information” and my new one that I just got says “other” 😬 now I’m stressed and thinking I should make an appointment to try and get the other one again haha

I'm in the exact same position. My interview is Nov 9th though, so even if I go to Commissionaires tomorrow, I don't think I will get it back before I leave for my interview

Timeline
24 minutes ago, rafale1973 said:

I just really don’t understand why they havent schedule anyone for November 18, 23,25 and 30. 

All this makes me more and more angry and really really sad. I was really hoping to have my interview in November. I’ve started all this back in August 2018. I hate seeing people from other country (Philippines & London) that have started after me, that were DQ a long time after me that already got their interview scheduled. I jus tient get it. 

😭😭😭😭😭😭

I know! It’s such a shame that those dates are going empty. 😔 MAYBE, just maybe, they’ll make up for it with extensive Dec scheduling. 

Timeline
49 minutes ago, Lovepeace0303 said:

I know! It’s such a shame that those dates are going empty. 😔 MAYBE, just maybe, they’ll make up for it with extensive Dec scheduling. 

They didn’t give people ample notice for reschedules so perhaps there will be some IL’s the beginning of November.  Two K1 interviews were scheduled with very little notice. I really don’t think they have a handle on things. If the consulate were a private corporation, we’d have little trust in them and they’d be bashed with on line reviews and quickly go bankrupt.   I  received an email back today about my enquiry and the OP said they were doing reschedules!! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 Even I know that’s not true! Even the automated reply back says they’re scheduling new interviews.  I just shake my head.  

Timeline
10 hours ago, DGF said:

That was what my first police certificate said. It was accepted by the NVC at the same time as people were being denied at their interviews with the same one. I'd wait and see what happens on Monday. We all have the one that says "Other (Provide Details)". If none of us have issues with the police certificate then I'd suggest getting a new one that says "Other (Provide Details)" just in case. I believe someone recently was approved with the one you have but it can't hurt (other than your wallet) to have both!

I phoned comissionaires today and they confirmed either or is acceptable. Mine being direct from rcmp thats normal. The comissionaires ones say other.

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Cath&Claire said:

They didn’t give people ample notice for reschedules so perhaps there will be some IL’s the beginning of November.  Two K1 interviews were scheduled with very little notice. I really don’t think they have a handle on things. If the consulate were a private corporation, we’d have little trust in them and they’d be bashed with on line reviews and quickly go bankrupt.   I  received an email back today about my enquiry and the OP said they were doing reschedules!! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 Even I know that’s not true! Even the automated reply back says they’re scheduling new interviews.  I just shake my head.  

Are you speaking of the k-1s a few days ago? Their interviews look to have been scheduled week of October 13 but they got the official p4 letters this week. 

610A22FB-DEA1-44B0-AF90-01CCAE8AF96F.png

Timeline
5 minutes ago, MWhite said:

Are you speaking of the k-1s a few days ago? Their interviews look to have been scheduled week of October 13 but they got the official p4 letters this week. 

610A22FB-DEA1-44B0-AF90-01CCAE8AF96F.png

Ahhhh ok. They made it sound like they just got their letters. I had thought about them not scheduling those days because they’re all going back home for thanksgiving and have to quarantine on way back —-  but I imagine they’d be deemed essential service? 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, jackanddeona said:

I phoned comissionaires today and they confirmed either or is acceptable. Mine being direct from rcmp thats normal. The comissionaires ones say other.

So bizarre. I wish they'd just make up their mind on what is correct and then post the exact wording required on the reciprocity page. 

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Timeline
7 hours ago, Cath&Claire said:

Ahhhh ok. They made it sound like they just got their letters. I had thought about them not scheduling those days because they’re all going back home for thanksgiving and have to quarantine on way back —-  but I imagine they’d be deemed essential service? 

I hope this isn’t the case because if that were true, I’d assume it would be the same situation at Christmas as well. 

Also, I think the quarantine requirement is mandatory for everyone - essential or not. 

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I hope this isn’t the case because if that were true, I’d assume it would be the same situation at Christmas as well. 

Also, I think the quarantine requirement is mandatory for everyone - essential or not. 

Essential workers are exempt from mandatory quarantine.   I saw this last week - the number of people deemed essential who have come to Canada during Covid.  

https://beta.ctvnews.ca/national/coronavirus/2020/10/23/1_5158073.html

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Cath&Claire said:

Essential workers are exempt from mandatory quarantine.   I saw this last week - the number of people deemed essential who have come to Canada during Covid.  

https://beta.ctvnews.ca/national/coronavirus/2020/10/23/1_5158073.html

If I recall, consular and embassy workers are allowed into Canada and excluded from the travel ban.  Unsure tho if they’re deemed essential - government workers is on the list of essential workers who can skip quar but I didn’t notice anything saying if this applied to consular and embassy workers......

Timeline
14 hours ago, wordsfromdani said:

American born citizen.    If our spouses were LPRs we would be applying for a F2A visa class, not a IR1/CR1. 

Interesting, appreciate the clarification. I was always under the impression that the IR1/CR1 was for US citizens as well as LPRs.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.