Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
47 minutes ago, Dbrennan said:

Does anyone know if shoppers drug mart will provide some kind of proof that you got your flu shot if you get it done there? Or would it be better to just go to my gp?

Absolutely. I actually got my flu shot at Shoppers and they gave me a paper that can be used as a proof since it includes type of vaccine, date, physician name, location etc.

Edited by Hoffmaya

Timeline
46 minutes ago, Dbrennan said:

Does anyone know if shoppers drug mart will provide some kind of proof that you got your flu shot if you get it done there? Or would it be better to just go to my gp?

In Saskatchewan they give you a little card evidencing that you’ve received it. 

Timeline
On 10/23/2020 at 10:10 PM, Dbrennan said:

I just asked the pharmacist and he wrote a note stating the vaccine given and the date.  This is accepted. 

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Abhikochar said:

My cousin works for a government agency in the U.S. and I was told because of the upcoming elections, everything is held up at the U.S. Consulate. Is this right? Is this the reason that we are not hearing back on Interview dates for a few weeks now? Any thoughts ..

I personally don’t think so, I don’t see why there would be any links. I think the consulate are just lazy and not doing their job as much as they should. 

it’s bureaucracy! 

Edited by rafale1973

Timeline
1 hour ago, Abhikochar said:

My cousin works for a government agency in the U.S. and I was told because of the upcoming elections, everything is held up at the U.S. Consulate. Is this right? Is this the reason that we are not hearing back on Interview dates for a few weeks now? Any thoughts ..

My guess is no.... Election is on November 3rd and they have interviews scheduled up to November 9th.

Timeline

What are they doing? They have 3 interview dates open to fill for spouses (Nov 18, 23, and 30). That is if they continue doing 1x a week on Monday for spouses based on previous scheduling. Goodness, WAKE UP! 

Timeline
On 10/21/2020 at 9:52 PM, shammykay said:

I have created a massive database for the Immigrant Visa statistics by month plus a visualization of Montreal vs. London for 2019 & 2020.  This is a start of what we could use for social media campaigns / advocacy.

EXCEL DATABASE --> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JjNOMFN1ypFVMGzYMn7e3jcJ_CUWZt3W/view?usp=sharing

GRAPH LONDON vs. MONTREAL --> https://drive.google.com/file/d/14qDtq1C-J84MIRAjODRbMp4KuqyfpamO/view?usp=sharing

Good day to you!  Hope everyone reading had a good weekend! 

@shammykay, are you able to make a table that compares the UK rates to CAN rates so we can post to the consulates social media and to send via email?  Something compact like the one I posted last week? 

If anyone is afraid to use their own social media to message the consulate, make a new one that isn’t identifiable.  This week is the week we should inundate them with messages if we don’t see movement.  I know people are frustrated.  This isn’t what we had in mind when choosing to move to be with our spouses.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 10/25/2020 at 10:00 AM, Jacqueline H said:

Thank you, good to hear.

Ours took 178 days.  It's all over the board. 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

I am including for the benefit of this group the some of the stats I included in the letter to my senator. Hopefully this information is useful for advocacy from the rest of this group.

"The average waiting period for an IR1/CR1 interview since 2013 has been 80 days (2.5 months). However, the average waiting period for an interview at the Montreal Consulate General (MTLCG) by late 2019 was 6 months and that has increased to over 300 days (10 months) due to the pandemic (shown below in Figure 1). In fact, the MTLCG has only within the last month scheduled interviews for families who were document qualitied (DQ) for an interview as of December 2019. 

While at first glance it may seem that the current COVID-19 pandemic is the main cause of increased waiting times at the MTLCG, there is more to the story. If you compare the monthly average number of IR1/CR1 immigrant visas issued over time in Canada and a peer group country of the UK the delays and backlog started to build up in mid-2019 when the MTLCG fell significantly behind in its visa issuance. 

The situation was made worse when the MTLCG delayed opening by two months relative to London despite similar public health policies in the two countries. As a result, IR1/CR1 applicants in the UK are not currently experiencing a backlog and are waiting the normal 2.5 months on average for an interview. This is a direct result of their consistently well-run operation and earlier restart from the pandemic relative to Montreal.

The MTLCG has never acknowledged what happen in 2019 that caused them to nearly stop issuing IR1/CR1 visas that has resulted in today’s significant backlog. The Consular General in Montreal abruptly left earlier this year and one theory is that he was not a good manager. Another theory is that it was actually the breakdown in US/Canada trade relations at the core. Finally, there is a theory that the US Ambassador to Canada caused the disruption when she departed in 2019."

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Todd@Alya said:

I am including for the benefit of this group the some of the stats I included in the letter to my senator. Hopefully this information is useful for advocacy from the rest of this group.

"The average waiting period for an IR1/CR1 interview since 2013 has been 80 days (2.5 months). However, the average waiting period for an interview at the Montreal Consulate General (MTLCG) by late 2019 was 6 months and that has increased to over 300 days (10 months) due to the pandemic (shown below in Figure 1). In fact, the MTLCG has only within the last month scheduled interviews for families who were document qualitied (DQ) for an interview as of December 2019. 

While at first glance it may seem that the current COVID-19 pandemic is the main cause of increased waiting times at the MTLCG, there is more to the story. If you compare the monthly average number of IR1/CR1 immigrant visas issued over time in Canada and a peer group country of the UK the delays and backlog started to build up in mid-2019 when the MTLCG fell significantly behind in its visa issuance. 

The situation was made worse when the MTLCG delayed opening by two months relative to London despite similar public health policies in the two countries. As a result, IR1/CR1 applicants in the UK are not currently experiencing a backlog and are waiting the normal 2.5 months on average for an interview. This is a direct result of their consistently well-run operation and earlier restart from the pandemic relative to Montreal.

The MTLCG has never acknowledged what happen in 2019 that caused them to nearly stop issuing IR1/CR1 visas that has resulted in today’s significant backlog. The Consular General in Montreal abruptly left earlier this year and one theory is that he was not a good manager. Another theory is that it was actually the breakdown in US/Canada trade relations at the core. Finally, there is a theory that the US Ambassador to Canada caused the disruption when she departed in 2019."

Great letter! Are you going to personalize it and how it has impacted you and your spouse?  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.