Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Lovepeace0303 said:

I love this! I think these are the main points we should be addressing, especially the comparison with K1s and how they plan to prioritize spouses and address the backlog. Spouses used to be 2x a week and fiances 1x a week. We are now seeing both spouses and fiances 1x a week. How will that help alleviate this backlog? If they want to be fair, they need to open up more days of interviews so 2x a week for spouses and 2x a week for fiances. Otherwise, we are never going to get through this. 

From what I read in a few different groups is that MTL is prioritizing K1s right now possibly due to the lawsuit some applicants began against the consulate. Not 100% sure but its a theory.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
19 hours ago, Akaur said:

So we can bring a U-Haul across border??? And drop it off at a usa location?

Yes.  We did a 7 day rental trailer (we had a truck to tow it) for like $720 CAD

2 hours ago, Hawk Riders said:

They opened the back of the truck, looked at it for maybe 2min, and closed it. A list was available but unasked-for.

I offered my list at Sweetgrass POE, he kinda skimmed it, told us to pull around and come in.  They didn't even ask to open the trailer.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Update:

heard back from the consulate about my intended US address changing. I had an address in ds260 but need to change it. I told Dr Cheema’s office that the intended address on file needs to he changed. I was able to change it with the office but they were adamant I have to change it with the consulate so that all records are matching. Anyways, the consulate emailed and said that I can make any address changes in person on day of interview. 

I remember there was a very well done post this summer going around social media, highlighting how far behind the Montreal Consulate is in their rescheduling and poor they are . Was it any one on here? I think something like that again could be useful highlighting how they are falling further behind as a result of prioritizing K1s due to the lawsuit. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Todd@Alya said:

I remember there was a very well done post this summer going around social media, highlighting how far behind the Montreal Consulate is in their rescheduling and poor they are . Was it any one on here? I think something like that again could be useful highlighting how they are falling further behind as a result of prioritizing K1s due to the lawsuit. 

They only did 9 K1’s in September so I don’t know that we can use that.  There is more news on the K1 lawsuit today as per Greg Siskind on Twitter so if there is movement in that category, we will likely know why.  I think it is worth comparing to other commonwealth countries - specifically the UK -  definitely a complete lack of communication - and outline how the gap, due to a couple of reasons, has only gotten bigger. 

Pre-Covid they sent out interview invites in batches certain days of the week. Anyone recall which day? We can create something - which I’m willing to do with input of course - unless someone else is gung ho. 

It’s Thursday now - pretty much end of day in the east, and nothing but crickets since they made their announcement Friday.  

22 minutes ago, Todd@Alya said:

Has anyone happened to call NVC this week? 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Cath&Claire said:

They only did 9 K1’s in September so I don’t know that we can use that.  There is more news on the K1 lawsuit today as per Greg Siskind on Twitter so if there is movement in that category, we will likely know why.  I think it is worth comparing to other commonwealth countries - specifically the UK -  definitely a complete lack of communication - and outline how the gap, due to a couple of reasons, has only gotten bigger. 

Pre-Covid they sent out interview invites in batches certain days of the week. Anyone recall which day? We can create something - which I’m willing to do with input of course - unless someone else is gung ho. 

It’s Thursday now - pretty much end of day in the east, and nothing but crickets since they made their announcement Friday.  

The interview scheduling days are on the spreadsheet. It wasn’t consistent from month to month. 

Edited by MWhite

Timeline
1 minute ago, MWhite said:

The interview scheduling days are on the spreadsheet. It wasn’t consistent from month to month. 

Ah ok. I thought in the past they sent out letters in batches/on certain days. I’ll check the spreadsheet in a bit.  

Timeline
48 minutes ago, MrsDex said:

From what I read in a few different groups is that MTL is prioritizing K1s right now possibly due to the lawsuit some applicants began against the consulate. Not 100% sure but its a theory.

I hope this is only a theory and not real. I’m so tired of waiting, it’s been over 2 years. What I will say might sound harsh but I don’t believe K1 should have priority over spousal visa. I’m not doubting their relationship at all, I just believe that we have been in the process for a longer period, we should have priority. My process was delayed because of an uscis agent forgot one signature, took 4 months to get that signature. I have been patient. I was DQ on January 11, I just want my damn interview so I can go home. Spousal should be 100% prioritize over K1 visa. I’m just tired of not hearing anything. And when we start hearing something they give some interviews over 2 weeks and that’s it. I don’t think it’s okay. My husband and I are literally stuck here (Canada) waiting, during this time, neither of us can’t start our career (just graduated) and we are also waiting to be back home to be able to start having kids. I’m so tired and mad at the consulate. 

im sorry, i know it’s not the place to vent because we are all in the same boat. My bubble passed, sorry again. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, rafale1973 said:

I hope this is only a theory and not real. I’m so tired of waiting, it’s been over 2 years. What I will say might sound harsh but I don’t believe K1 should have priority over spousal visa. I’m not doubting their relationship at all, I just believe that we have been in the process for a longer period, we should have priority. My process was delayed because of an uscis agent forgot one signature, took 4 months to get that signature. I have been patient. I was DQ on January 11, I just want my damn interview so I can go home. Spousal should be 100% prioritize over K1 visa. I’m just tired of not hearing anything. And when we start hearing something they give some interviews over 2 weeks and that’s it. I don’t think it’s okay. My husband and I are literally stuck here (Canada) waiting, during this time, neither of us can’t start our career (just graduated) and we are also waiting to be back home to be able to start having kids. I’m so tired and mad at the consulate. 

im sorry, i know it’s not the place to vent because we are all in the same boat. My bubble passed, sorry again. 

It’s totally fine to vent! We all have moments of absolute frustration and impatience for this process. I am ALL for families to be reunited, including K1s, but spousals should definitely be given a highest priority. I had a similar issue like yours and had to sit with USCIS for 6 months for one signature as well, so I definitely get it. Other consulates around the world aren’t processing K1s until next year 2021. Montreal wanting to prioritize them is not the issue. The problem is pushing spousals down to make room for the K1s. They should have a plan to support BOTH if that’s what they feel is necessary. Giving us a 1x a week slot from our traditional 2x a week interview slot just so they can accommodate K1s is unfair and ineffective. 

Does anyone have any information on the slowdown in Montreal visas in 2019? I created a chart showing this from the US government data and I am writing a letter now to my senator. I want to make sure I have all of my facts in order. I've heard one story it was the consulate general being a socialite and not showing up to work and another it was the K1s being prioritized like now. Any facts and sources would be helpful. I really believe the MTL consulate is being mismanaged and I think more eyes need to be on this operation to ensure greater accountability. 

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Todd@Alya said:

Does anyone have any information on the slowdown in Montreal visas in 2019? I created a chart showing this from the US government data and I am writing a letter now to my senator. I want to make sure I have all of my facts in order. I've heard one story it was the consulate general being a socialite and not showing up to work and another it was the K1s being prioritized like now. Any facts and sources would be helpful. I really believe the MTL consulate is being mismanaged and I think more eyes need to be on this operation to ensure greater accountability. 

No one does. There were never any announcements about it and it was never acknowledged by the consulate. The consulate general at the time was male, it was an ambassador that was not showing up so that wouldn't affect just spousal visa issuances.

I spent some time scanning the FAM a while back and couldn't find anything that would be a clear reason for them to stop since everything that mentioned stopping (at least from the stuff that wasn't redacted) required a notification to be made, although one could have been made just not publicly. Here's the link to the FAM if anyone is interested: https://fam.state.gov/Fam/FAM.aspx?ID=09FAM

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Timeline
30 minutes ago, DGF said:

No one does. There were never any announcements about it and it was never acknowledged by the consulate. The consulate general at the time was male, it was an ambassador that was not showing up so that wouldn't affect just spousal visa issuances.

I spent some time scanning the FAM a while back and couldn't find anything that would be a clear reason for them to stop since everything that mentioned stopping (at least from the stuff that wasn't redacted) required a notification to be made, although one could have been made just not publicly. Here's the link to the FAM if anyone is interested: https://fam.state.gov/Fam/FAM.aspx?ID=09FAM

I thought I read somewhere they had deployed resources to ICE!? Or that was speculation.....

Timeline
1 hour ago, Cath&Claire said:

I thought I read somewhere they had deployed resources to ICE!? Or that was speculation.....

I think that might have been USCIS, but I could be wrong! 

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

6 hours ago, Cath&Claire said:

I called NVC yesterday and was told the same old that they have not received any update from Montreal U.S. Consulate for scheduling interviews for spouses of U.S. citizens yet. :(

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Abhikochar said:

I called NVC yesterday and was told the same old that they have not received any update from Montreal U.S. Consulate for scheduling interviews for spouses of U.S. citizens yet. :(

This just made me feel even more horrible.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.