Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 hours ago, shammykay said:

I have created a massive database for the Immigrant Visa statistics by month plus a visualization of Montreal vs. London for 2019 & 2020.  This is a start of what we could use for social media campaigns / advocacy.

EXCEL DATABASE --> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JjNOMFN1ypFVMGzYMn7e3jcJ_CUWZt3W/view?usp=sharing

GRAPH LONDON vs. MONTREAL --> https://drive.google.com/file/d/14qDtq1C-J84MIRAjODRbMp4KuqyfpamO/view?usp=sharing

This is excellent! Thank you! 

Would it be too much trouble to add a few more countries on this? They may argue that since the population of the UK is greater than that of Canada it could explain the differences? 

**** On the flip-side, we likely have more relationships since we share a border...

Timeline
55 minutes ago, shammykay said:

I’d like to start engaging via social media and come out with one visual every weekday. This visual then can be sent to government representatives (congressmen(women) , senators, etc) as a “slide deck” perhaps backed up with an advocacy letter. 

That’s the output but really first it would be to decide on what is the key messages that we want to get across. Usually 3 big themes is anyone can handle and then to define what is our ASK. 

The Canadian Family Advocacy Group for Reunification did this - and many people also reached out to their local representatives.  

Asks 

- what is the plan to deal with the backlog 

- communicate the plan 

- consulate stated new interviews will be scheduled - when will this take place - since nothing has been scheduled 

Any other asks? We can narrow it down.  

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Cath&Claire said:

The Canadian Family Advocacy Group for Reunification did this - and many people also reached out to their local representatives.  

Asks 

- what is the plan to deal with the backlog 

- communicate the plan 

- consulate stated new interviews will be scheduled - when will this take place - since nothing has been scheduled 

Any other asks? We can narrow it down.  

So from a visualization / data / prove our case  standpoint what helps to communicate backlog and the call to action?  

- Comparison with other consulates?  [data]

- Comparison with K1 ? [data]
- Anecdotal stories ?

- Other ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Romans13 said:

Excellent!

did you provide a list of contents/value of items? Did they search?

They opened the back of the truck, looked at it for maybe 2min, and closed it. A list was available but unasked-for.

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline
37 minutes ago, shammykay said:

So from a visualization / data / prove our case  standpoint what helps to communicate backlog and the call to action?  

- Anecdotal stories ?

- Other ?

I love this! I think these are the main points we should be addressing, especially the comparison with K1s and how they plan to prioritize spouses and address the backlog. Spouses used to be 2x a week and fiances 1x a week. We are now seeing both spouses and fiances 1x a week. How will that help alleviate this backlog? If they want to be fair, they need to open up more days of interviews so 2x a week for spouses and 2x a week for fiances. Otherwise, we are never going to get through this. 

Timeline
42 minutes ago, shammykay said:

- Anecdotal stories ?

- Other ?

Comparison to the UK would work and something about K1 being priority after the consulate stopped CR1 maybe? This was before my time but I’ve heard that K1’s continued while CR1’s did not. 

a clear message about the wait times endured by all of us - since we’re all in the same boat time wise. Before the backlog of 5 months - how long was it taking? And now - because of consulate inaction, we can only guess at a timeline, since we have no idea what they’re doing.   

Edited by Cath&Claire

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Hawk Riders said:

They opened the back of the truck, looked at it for maybe 2min, and closed it. A list was available but unasked-for.

They actually didn't even take the prepared customs declaration form...

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey guys...just wanted to provide another file. I had big plans to produce historical data by all consulates for all immigrant visa types and then just IR1/CR1 data to show who was returning to normal post-COVID and who was still behind. I also included all immigrant visa types to learn what % of visas issued were spousal versus other types. Haven't updated with most recent data, and I really think for it to be effective I'd need to get back and get all of 2019 Data.    It uses pivot table features, so it's not very well suited to google sheets, but feel free to download and use as it is helpful.  

Timeline
9 minutes ago, wordsfromdani said:

Hey guys...just wanted to provide another file. I had big plans to produce historical data by all consulates for all immigrant visa types and then just IR1/CR1 data to show who was returning to normal post-COVID and who was still behind. I also included all immigrant visa types to learn what % of visas issued were spousal versus other types. Haven't updated with most recent data, and I really think for it to be effective I'd need to get back and get all of 2019 Data.    It uses pivot table features, so it's not very well suited to google sheets, but feel free to download and use as it is helpful.  

This is  great! Tons of data! Lots of work! 

Timeline
13 hours ago, AAA0523 said:

Is it possible to change the mailing address for the Green card? On the DS-260 form I chose to have the Green card delivered to my lawyer's address but I would like to have it delivered to my spouse's address. I already had my interview just waiting for visa to be issued. 

From what I understand (and to be clear we're still waiting on interview, this is just what I read in my research) when you enter the US and the customs officer is processing your packet, you can request to change the address that your green card will be sent to. This may no longer be the case though with the switch to digital packets - can anyone else confirm?

Timeline

Wow looking at the data hit a nerve. I remember when they slowed down last summer and prioritized K1s and employment based visas. I’m going to contact my senator today. They were responsive and helpful when I contacted them months ago. We started this process in Jan 2019 and I haven’t seen my husband in 7 months. This is too much. 

Timeline

Are we able to create any number of new threads in our country forums?  If so, I think it would be great to have one where we only post interview dates and DQ info. It’s  really easy for information to get lost in this main thread.   

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Cath&Claire said:

Are we able to create any number of new threads in our country forums?  If so, I think it would be great to have one where we only post interview dates and DQ info. It’s  really easy for information to get lost in this main thread.   

Yes you can. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, wordsfromdani said:

My file is all IMM visas 2019- Sept 2020. Check this might be what you are looking for. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.