Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Ontarkie said:

I know it's so backwards it's crazy. 

Once in the US and you get your GC you either wait until ROC if you are getting the 2yr card or pay to have it changed. I don't remember how much it was. 

Thanks. I assume I will get the 10 year card as my 2 year anniversary is in a few weeks and still waiting on IL. I guess the only option then is to pay to get it changed. 

Edited by MWhite

Timeline
1 hour ago, Hawk Riders said:

This is if I want to change from married name to maiden name. In Florida, I’m known under my married name, but because I’m from Quebec, I’m not allowed to change my name on my passport. 

For those who drove down to the US from Canada, one-way, which car rental company did you book through? (online quotes from various car rental companies ONLINE, keeps saying that no cars available. It does work if I pick the same drop-off location.) So, just need to find rental company who allows the one way, so that I can call them. thank you.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Romans13 said:

For those who drove down to the US from Canada, one-way, which car rental company did you book through? (online quotes from various car rental companies ONLINE, keeps saying that no cars available. It does work if I pick the same drop-off location.) So, just need to find rental company who allows the one way, so that I can call them. thank you.

I was looking into uhaul. 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Romans13 said:

We have a reservation set up with Enterprise. Unfortunately it adds a ton of expense and limited availability to rent one way into the US. If you rent from an airport in Canada and drop off at an airport in the US we did find more options. It's a shame due to COVID or I would just drive to Montreal and pick her up.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Romans13 said:

thanks. I specifically am inquiring about a car/suv type thing.

of note: a uhaul quote from western canada to the us, for a week rental for a 20 foot truck is about $2600cad (incl insurance) :) 

Haha I know but I have a long way to go and cheaper than shipping all my stuff any other way. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Romans13 said:

thanks. I specifically am inquiring about a car/suv type thing.

of note: a uhaul quote from western canada to the us, for a week rental for a 20 foot truck is about $2600cad (incl insurance) :) 

We got a Ford Edge from Montreal to Charleston SC. Took more days than needed just to be safe. Came to under $920.

Edited by Airline Pilot

Timeline
On 10/16/2020 at 1:36 PM, Romans13 said:

I started at Dr Cheema at 7:15. Super quick. Pretty much the same review as DGF. Was all done at 10:30. Lifelabs is the longest wait for sure. 

edit: emailed consulate about new intended us address change. No response yet. 

Protip on Lifelabs: you can book a time via myehealth.  Book it for 60 or 90 minutes after Dr Cheema and you'll be set.  During covid there will be a line of people waiting outside and you are supposed to just barge in at your appointment time and talk to the person inside, which is super awkward, not sure if this is a great idea as I'm sure people in queue get mad.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
11 minutes ago, legendqueue said:

Protip on Lifelabs: you can book a time via myehealth.  Book it for 60 or 90 minutes after Dr Cheema and you'll be set.  During covid there will be a line of people waiting outside and you are supposed to just barge in at your appointment time and talk to the person inside, which is super awkward, not sure if this is a great idea as I'm sure people in queue get mad.  

FAQ fodder, @DGF...

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Stylereveal said:

@DGF Congrats! Things are moving. I DQ’d in April so hopefully in the early new year. 
is our visa application still valid, If an Appt goes in the new year? As I know the police check would have to be redone if 12 months pass? 

Yes your Police check must be current. We had to redo ours as well due to the length of time.

Timeline
2 hours ago, legendqueue said:

The location that Dr. Cheema uses is booked out for the next 2 weeks (I'm assuming this is normal but please correct me if I'm wrong), so I wouldn't rely on being able to schedule an appointment unless you have enough time between IL and medical. I'll add all of this to the FAQ @Hawk Riders

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

For anyone who may find this helpful re: MFJ tax implementation

We received our ITIN letter today, produced 16 Oct; the documents have been at the IRS W-7 processing site since the second week of JULY.

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.