Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Lovepeace0303 said:

Hoping for some goooood interview news this week for Jan/Feb DQs! 🤞🏼😊 

P.S. You know it’s definitely been a long wait when VJ emails to check in on you (because it’s been 6+ months since there’s been any new activity/movement on your timeline). LOL

We’ll get through this! 🙏🏽

If all goes well, you should be hearing pretty soon!  🤞🏻 

On 10/16/2020 at 2:31 PM, DGF said:

Just got back from my medical with Dr. Cheema. I think I saw him for 2-3 minutes total. They took my height and weight and then he rapid fire asked me questions about my medical history, took my temperature, listened to my chest, and looked at my eyes. He asked me 3 times if I had any history of mental health issues but I think that's because my heart was racing due to a stressful drive over haha. Then he left and said that's all they can do due to covid 🤷‍♀️ They take digital photos and send the results directly to the consulate, but you still have to either go pick up the xray cd or have it sent to you. Xray is fast (pay parking behind the building, everything in front is reserved for other businesses), lifelabs is slow (do the save my spot thing, I did it after Dr. Cheema's office and still had an hour wait). Things seem pretty normal otherwise. Started at 7:30 and was done before 11. 

It wouldn’t be an issue for medical if I had mental health issues right?

Timeline
39 minutes ago, Dbrennan said:

It wouldn’t be an issue for medical if I had mental health issues right?

I don't think so, but they do ask you to bring medical records and a letter from your doctor. Are you going to Dr. Cheema? I can send you his "how to prepare" document if you are. 

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

8 minutes ago, DGF said:

I don't think so, but they do ask you to bring medical records and a letter from your doctor. Are you going to Dr. Cheema? I can send you his "how to prepare" document if you are. 

Yeah I’m planning on going to him! That would be great if you could send that to me!

Timeline
1 hour ago, DGF said:

I would be interested in this as well. This is who I am planning to go to for my medical as well. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
10 hours ago, Jacqueline H said:

Hello,

Does anyone know what the correct procedure is for applying for your green card, but wanting your married name on it which doesn't appear on any of my documents, immigrant visa was not in my married name.  Do I have to apply, then apply for a name change and pay for that OR is there a simpler way to apply the first time with marriage certificate document?  Does anyone have the answer to this question?

3 hours ago, Hadarah said:

I did my Visa application in my married name so I’m not sure 🤔 

In case any others come along with this question. The easiest way to have your GC come in your married name is to change your passport before you get your visa. The visa must match your passport so no matter what names you put down on the forms they go by the passport. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline
6 hours ago, Ontarkie said:

In case any others come along with this question. The easiest way to have your GC come in your married name is to change your passport before you get your visa. The visa must match your passport so no matter what names you put down on the forms they go by the passport. 

Have any Quebec residents been able to do this? I was under the impression you couldn’t change your name to your married name here. 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, MWhite said:

Have any Quebec residents been able to do this? I was under the impression you couldn’t change your name to your married name here. 

As a Quebec resident, I tried to get it change as the law says that if we got married outside of Quebec we would be possibly allowed. I got married in Florida, but because my husband isnt a permanent resident and doesn't have an health card here, I can't add his name to my card (which is the only card that would have work with the married name to get a new passport). The province is so retarded (I'm from Quebec, I can insult it ahhaa) That since april 1981, no women is allowed to take the name of her husband as the province government doesn't want the women to be dependent of their husband.. okay maybe they were before, but c'mon stupid province evolve, let us choose. I hate my province and I can't wait to go away. 

On that note, no, no Quebec resident is allow to change their name for their husband name. I am planning to ask the officer at the interview what I can do as this is a problem for us, I really want to take my husband name and the province doesn't allow me. Hopefully, I'll have an interview letter very soon. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, rafale1973 said:

As a Quebec resident, I tried to get it change as the law says that if we got married outside of Quebec we would be possibly allowed. I got married in Florida, but because my husband isnt a permanent resident and doesn't have an health card here, I can't add his name to my card (which is the only card that would have work with the married name to get a new passport). The province is so retarded (I'm from Quebec, I can insult it ahhaa) That since april 1981, no women is allowed to take the name of her husband as the province government doesn't want the women to be dependent of their husband.. okay maybe they were before, but c'mon stupid province evolve, let us choose. I hate my province and I can't wait to go away. 

On that note, no, no Quebec resident is allow to change their name for their husband name. I am planning to ask the officer at the interview what I can do as this is a problem for us, I really want to take my husband name and the province doesn't allow me. Hopefully, I'll have an interview letter very soon. 

Yeah well at the interview they won’t do it as your visa has to match your passport for when you immigrate. 
They don’t want us to be dependent on the husband but I guess now we are dependent on the province. 🙄

Make it make sense. 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, MWhite said:

Yeah well at the interview they won’t do it as your visa has to match your passport for when you immigrate. 
They don’t want us to be dependent on the husband but I guess now we are dependent on the province. 🙄

Make it make sense. 

I’m planning to ask the officer what I need to do once in the states. I guess I might have to wait 3 years to be able to change it... already been two because of this stupid province... so tired of Quebec

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey guys, I have a question. I'm K1 but it seems like this thread has a lot of experience so I was hoping someone might be able to help.

I had my interview on Wednesday the 14th. They told me that in between when you go up to the window to give your documents and the interview they usually run a background check which usually comes back immediately. They told me I was approved at my interview however they said the background check hadn't come back yet. They said they had no reason to suspect that there would be anything in the background check (which there shouldn't be) so they were going to tell me I was approved but it was technically pending this background check. I asked if this could cause any delays and he said no it should be back by the end of the day.

My status on CEAC still says Application Received - and in fine print says please check back 2 business days after an appointment. 

I'm trying not to worry but my medical expires in December and I have to give notice at work and my apartment so I really need to know soon to be able to move by the medical expiry date (I also had to get a follow up test for the medical so if it expires it would take me months to get another medical finished).

Has anyone else experienced this?

Timeline
On 10/15/2020 at 3:38 PM, wordsfromdani said:

......how the **** do they mess up 1 out of 3? ergh....I can feel your pain from here. 

On 10/15/2020 at 4:39 PM, jackanddeona said:

Don't you know? They expect applicants to have everything perfect and one little mistake can set you back weeks but they could care less about being accurate on their end. The box for green cards is probably just a mix of ir and cr and they just close their eyes and grab one.

Pretty sure it's this one ^^^.  I'm pretty annoyed that it's messed up.  I'm guessing that when I was checking, I grabbed my daughter's card twice (I was looking at last names and theirs is different to mine) rather than hers and her brother's.  I'm pretty annoyed. 

On 10/15/2020 at 6:22 PM, Airline Pilot said:

I have a tentative surgery date already. Once my wife crosses I am planning to take the earliest date possible. Could be as soon as Nov 10th if this all goes quickly. I think this time around my wife will become a US citizen. Not that I ever will consider working out of the US again after going through this nightmare. The first time we went through this it took less than 4 months on an I-130. I still cant wrap my head around how hard this has become.

Amen to the challenge.  I was in the US on a L1 before.  You'd think since I was a contributor to the tax pool and a contributor to my community that it would be easier.  Nope.  

On 10/16/2020 at 9:29 AM, ReadIcculus said:

My husband picked up his passport today! He didn't get a packet to take to the border though- he got the welcome to the USA letter, our documents, and that's it. Is he supposed to have some sealed thing to take with him?

Nope.  He can look at the visa in his passport.  It should say under annotations (above the long number at the bottom, beside the photo) under Annotation - IV DOCS IN CCD.  That's the repository for the packet people used to get and that was the part TSC seemed to have not known about for a long time when people were waiting on GC delivery.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline
2 hours ago, rafale1973 said:

I’m planning to ask the officer what I need to do once in the states. I guess I might have to wait 3 years to be able to change it... already been two because of this stupid province... so tired of Quebec

You're moving to FL?

https://www.flcourts.org/content/download/403305/file/982a.pdf

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline
4 hours ago, MWhite said:

Sadly you are stuck. Once you enter the US you can either pay the hefty fee to change your GC or wait until ROC if you will be getting the 2 yr card. 

3 hours ago, rafale1973 said:

I know it's so backwards it's crazy. 

3 hours ago, rafale1973 said:

Once in the US and you get your GC you either wait until ROC if you are getting the 2yr card or pay to have it changed. I don't remember how much it was. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.