IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION
Issued

Case Last Updated:

15-Oct-2020

Your visa is in final processing.

Congrats!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

@Airline Pilot I notice based on the spreadsheet your DQ was May-13-2020. Was your case expedited ? Just trying to get an idea how the embassy is scheduling interviews.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
7 minutes ago, AnkitShah20 said:

@Airline Pilot I notice based on the spreadsheet your DQ was May-13-2020. Was your case expedited ? Just trying to get an idea how the embassy is scheduling interviews.  

If you look at the comment attached to the cell with his username, you'll see that yes, it was

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Airline Pilot said:

Yes it was. My wife actually lived in the US with me prior to me taking a job in Montreal. When we moved there we surrendered her green card voluntarily due to us not being able to be in the USA for a period long enough for her to keep it. In May 2019 I took a job back in the USA only to find out the immigration landscape has drastically changed. While I was in Montreal I had seen 4 different surgeons about needing knee replacements. I was always denied because it was not a priority in the social medicine program. Also being an American working for the UN I never felt there was much hope of it being approved. I contacted my Congresswoman and Senator to see about an expedited appointment and was denied. I finally contacted US Citizen services at the consulate via email explaining my situation of needing to get them done and not having any support. They answered me in 24 hours asking for documentation and I gave them everything from all the surgeons in Montreal as well as one in the US I saw recently. The next day I was notified a consular officer approved my request.

I hope this information can help anyone who might be in the same situation.

Good luck to you, and hope you are able to get the surgery you require ASAP once you've crossed the border!

Timeline
1 minute ago, Tofu said:

Good luck to you, and hope you are able to get the surgery you require ASAP once you've crossed the border!

I have a tentative surgery date already. Once my wife crosses I am planning to take the earliest date possible. Could be as soon as Nov 10th if this all goes quickly. I think this time around my wife will become a US citizen. Not that I ever will consider working out of the US again after going through this nightmare. The first time we went through this it took less than 4 months on an I-130. I still cant wrap my head around how hard this has become.

Timeline

All the best @Airline Pilot!! 

Is it possible they are taking Wednesday the 11th off for Veterans day/Remembrance day? 

Spousal on Monday the 2nd, fiance on Wednesday the 4th.

Spousal on Monday the 9th, Wednesday the 11th off.

Fiance on Monday the 16th. 

... rest of the month perhaps scheduled later. It looks like they can only do 2 days a week and we have to share. Hopefully they are able to get more staff to work soon. However, even with only 2 dates of spousal interviews (Nov. 2 and 9), they were able to cover DQ from December 18 to January 6. They should be able to finish similar to what the spreadsheet suggests at this rate. 😊

Timeline

Hi everyone! What’s this spreadsheet people are talking about? Kind of new to this. I130 petitions were just approved a couple days ago :) 

IR1 / IR2  

Canada

June 2022 IR1 - DQ 

Aug 2022 IR2 - DQ

Oct 2022 - Interview

Nov 2022 - Moved to US

Timeline
1 hour ago, Airline Pilot said:

Notified the 13th for an interview Oct 28th. I thank everyone one here for giving more information than my lawyer ever has. This nightmare is finally coming to an end.  

Did you expedite ? I see you got DQed in may. 

EDIT: I just saw you did

Edited by T&S_MTL
Saw you detailed answer

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Michelle_VM said:

Is it possible they are taking Wednesday the 11th off for Veterans day/Remembrance day? 

... rest of the month perhaps scheduled later. It looks like they can only do 2 days a week and we have to share. Hopefully they are able to get more staff to work soon. However, even with only 2 dates of spousal interviews (Nov. 2 and 9), they were able to cover DQ from December 18 to January 6. They should be able to finish similar to what the spreadsheet suggests at this rate. 😊

Why does it feel like they scheduled way more interviews with the reschedules vs. the new interviews...if they had enough staff then, why not now? I don’t even know what to think anymore, esp now that we’re sharing same cadence with fiances. Feel like this process will never end.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Lovepeace0303 said:

Why does it feel like they scheduled way more interviews with the reschedules vs. the new interviews...if they had enough staff then, why not now? I don’t even know what to think anymore, esp now that we’re sharing same cadence with fiances. Feel like this process will never end.

That might be because the consulate was doing the rescheduling and they notified people a few times a week rather than any mass emails, and they also focused on just spousal and then just fiance. In reality though, when I looked back at the dates, it was still only interviews 2 days a week. 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Michelle_VM said:

You are right the 11th is most likely a holiday. 

December 18 to January 6th seems like a lot however I remember NVC working really slow those 2 weeks because of the holidays. 
Also December 25th and January 1st are holidays. 

Hopefully more ILs still coming for November :) 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Michelle_VM said:

That might be because the consulate was doing the rescheduling and they notified people a few times a week rather than any mass emails, and they also focused on just spousal and then just fiance. In reality though, when I looked back at the dates, it was still only interviews 2 days a week. 

I suppose so, but this isn’t doing anything to speed up the backlog for spouses. I had really hoped for an interview in December. I came to Canada to be with my husband since I figured it was only for a little bit longer, but who knows now...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.