Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
19 hours ago, Hadarah said:

Oh I've already immigrated. Last week on Monday. We're not planning to move back at all hubby hates the snow lol. But yeah funny that my husband had no problem adding me as an authorized user on his US credit cards, and I've had offers coming to me as well in the mail at his US address even before I immigrated in my own name lol - but opening an actual bank account once legally immigrating has proven more challenging. But I'm not worried anymore after hearing Wells Fargo and Bank of America works well for others.  We will try getting me added to his Chase accounts again later. There's no rush. As long as I can open an account SOMEWHERE that's all that matters :) 

You can still do it from the US.  I did it when I was on my L1 visa because I was beyond frustrated and my partner at time had found out the details (he joined us later).  

18 hours ago, legendqueue said:

Anyone know if this causes issues once the ITIN turns into an SSN?  Do you just do a form and update the number?  

Did you check the box on the DS-260?  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, sjb17 said:

Someone I know, who is not part of VJ, just received their IL this morning! They were DQ'ed December 31, 2019.

That's great news! 😊 Any chance you know the date of their interview? 

Timeline
Just now, Michelle_VM said:

That's great news! 😊 Any chance you know the date of their interview? 

Yes, sorry I forgot to include that detail the first time around. Her interview is November 9!

Timeline
42 minutes ago, sjb17 said:

Someone I know, who is not part of VJ, just received their IL this morning! They were DQ'ed December 31, 2019.

They are literally delivering snail mail...

Timeline
1 hour ago, sjb17 said:

Yes, sorry I forgot to include that detail the first time around. Her interview is November 9!

Is she open to participating in VJ?

Edited by Hawk Riders

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Hawk Riders said:

Is she open to participating in VJ?

I've mentioned it to her but she's never asked to join, so I don't think so, but I still wanted to share this news with everyone as I know many of us are eager to see if there's a pattern emerging with scheduling new spousal interviews.

Timeline
1 hour ago, mam521 said:

You can still do it from the US.  I did it when I was on my L1 visa because I was beyond frustrated and my partner at time had found out the details (he joined us later).  

Oh okay. Thanks I'm good though, I'm all set up with Bank of America. They actually have the drop down menu in their system to accept Foreign Passports. That was the main problem before with other banks. Also showed a couple letters with my name and US Address. One was from my credit card company and one was from my health insurance company. And I showed my SSN Card which I had from many years ago when I was a student in the US. They accepted it even with my maiden name on it, cause I had my marriage certificate to show the name change. So all went well :) Thanks for those of you who recommended it!! Now I just have to wait for that green card. Hope it doesn't take forever but I'm not holding my breath.

Timeline
25 minutes ago, MWhite said:

So I guess priority back to K-1 as I saw somebody got an interview on November 16th. 

That’s a Monday which we thought was reserved for the spousal. 

That is VERY disappointing to hear. I just don't understand why the priorities keep shifting. Go ahead and do the K1s BUT do the spousals side-by-side as well (if not more so since we're highest priority). Montreal is literally the worst!!!!

Timeline
50 minutes ago, Hadarah said:

Oh okay. Thanks I'm good though, I'm all set up with Bank of America. They actually have the drop down menu in their system to accept Foreign Passports. That was the main problem before with other banks. Also showed a couple letters with my name and US Address. One was from my credit card company and one was from my health insurance company. And I showed my SSN Card which I had from many years ago when I was a student in the US. They accepted it even with my maiden name on it, cause I had my marriage certificate to show the name change. So all went well :) Thanks for those of you who recommended it!! Now I just have to wait for that green card. Hope it doesn't take forever but I'm not holding my breath.

Excellent.  

As for your Social, I think you still have to "upgrade" it.  I'm not 100% sure because I haven't booked an appointment with the SSA.  I need to because I need to get my kids' numbers, but we just realized over the weekend that one kid's greencard is the correct status (IR-2) but the other is wrong (CR-2), so I had to file the I-90 to have it adjusted.  We'll see how long that takes considering our GC's took 178 days! 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Timeline
7 minutes ago, mam521 said:

Excellent.  

As for your Social, I think you still have to "upgrade" it.  I'm not 100% sure because I haven't booked an appointment with the SSA.  I need to because I need to get my kids' numbers, but we just realized over the weekend that one kid's greencard is the correct status (IR-2) but the other is wrong (CR-2), so I had to file the I-90 to have it adjusted.  We'll see how long that takes considering our GC's took 178 days! 

oh man sorry to hear that one of the kids has the CR1 instead of IR1.  Hope that change works out for you soon!

And yes, I will definitely have to change the maiden name on my SSN card to my married name. Unfortunately all the SSA offices are closed in my city, and because I already have a number they don't see it as an emergency. They are only making appointments for people who need first time SSN's. So the only way I can change it is by sending my passport in the mail with my marriage certificate and letting them process it. I'm going to wait till the green card arrives tho, because if I send my passport in the mail I will have no other form of ID. They say it can take 4-6weeks to process in the mail and I just don't feel good about letting that passport with my visa go. So it's fine, I'll do it when covid is "over" or when the green card comes in the mail, whichever is first. If it takes 6 months then so be it. Until then, thankfully the number still works no problem. Thank you for letting me know your GC took that long. I guess we are in it for the long haul!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
30 minutes ago, mam521 said:

we just realized over the weekend that one kid's greencard is the correct status (IR-2) but the other is wrong (CR-2), so I had to file the I-90 to have it adjusted.  We'll see how long that takes considering our GC's took 178 days! 

......how the **** do they mess up 1 out of 3? ergh....I can feel your pain from here. 

Timeline
59 minutes ago, wordsfromdani said:

......how the **** do they mess up 1 out of 3? ergh....I can feel your pain from here. 

Don't you know? They expect applicants to have everything perfect and one little mistake can set you back weeks but they could care less about being accurate on their end. The box for green cards is probably just a mix of ir and cr and they just close their eyes and grab one.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.