Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, Coco Beau said:

Hey all,

Just curious if anyone has received a letter this month for an interview in February? My DQ date is May 23, 2020 and i know the spreadsheet estimated a letter this month for me. I had my heart set on receiving one this week since it is the third week of the month but nothing yet. Anyone? Am I mistaken in thinking they send out the letters on the third week of the month on monday or tuesday (i'm quite certain i read that in the FAQ)?

Thanks

Courtney

No letter and no they don't only send them out on Mondays or Tuesdays on only 3rd week.

2 minutes ago, jackanddeona said:

No letter and no they don't only send them out on Mondays or Tuesdays on only 3rd week.

Thank you. I will continue to be hopeful ;) 

By chance do you know if there is an updated link to the interview calendar attached to the spreadsheet? It doesn't show the January dates so I'm wondering if it has been changed.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Coco Beau said:

Thank you. I will continue to be hopeful ;) 

By chance do you know if there is an updated link to the interview calendar attached to the spreadsheet? It doesn't show the January dates so I'm wondering if it has been changed.

Check the tabs make sure you are on the correct one. It is up to date.

Edit: oh calendar. Nvm no idea. I dont think thats working.

Edited by jackanddeona

5 minutes ago, jackanddeona said:

Check the tabs make sure you are on the correct one. It is up to date.

Thank you.

I just double checked to be sure and it seems I'm also not on it anymore for some reason. 

Edited by Coco Beau
This time i was on the wrong tab... I'm still there.

32 minutes ago, Coco Beau said:

Hey all,

Just curious if anyone has received a letter this month for an interview in February? My DQ date is May 23, 2020 and i know the spreadsheet estimated a letter this month for me. I had my heart set on receiving one this week since it is the third week of the month but nothing yet. Anyone? Am I mistaken in thinking they send out the letters on the third week of the month on monday or tuesday (i'm quite certain i read that in the FAQ)?

Thanks

Courtney

I am really hoping they send something tonight. Or latest by Sunday night for Feb interviews. I got my eyes set on it too. Also regarding their twitter post, is it clear to assume that they will continue to schedule immigrant interviews but just not as many as they were scheduling in the past few months? I really hope they send some IL soon tomorrow or in the coming week. Good luck 🤞

1 minute ago, Abhikochar said:

I am really hoping they send something tonight. Or latest by Sunday night for Feb interviews. I got my eyes set on it too. Also regarding their twitter post, is it clear to assume that they will continue to schedule immigrant interviews but just not as many as they were scheduling in the past few months? I really hope they send some IL soon tomorrow or in the coming week. Good luck 🤞

I only just saw their post on facebook a few minutes ago and my heart sank... Unfortunately I don't think we can assume anything in these incredible times. What is your DQ date? Good Luck to you as well!

1 minute ago, Coco Beau said:

I only just saw their post on facebook a few minutes ago and my heart sank... Unfortunately I don't think we can assume anything in these incredible times. What is your DQ date? Good Luck to you as well!

My husband's DQ date is July 9th. It's crazy.....when I think they start working at a decent speed and then it slows down again :( lets hope they send some IL in the coming days. I got my fingers crossed for all the remaining may and some June DQd cases. 

Just now, Abhikochar said:

My husband's DQ date is July 9th. It's crazy.....when I think they start working at a decent speed and then it slows down again :( lets hope they send some IL in the coming days. I got my fingers crossed for all the remaining may and some June DQd cases. 

You are not far behind! I hope this process speeds up for everyone. My heart breaks for all the families kept apart and all the lives on hold.

8 minutes ago, Abhikochar said:

What makes you think they might send something by sunday? 

2 minutes ago, Coco Beau said:

You are not far behind! I hope this process speeds up for everyone. My heart breaks for all the families kept apart and all the lives on hold.

Yeah, I agree it's not that far, but for now it seems really far. Luckily, my husband and I are together in Toronto. I was living here for 10 years and we decided to move closer to my family. But I am not able to accept offers in the U.S. because of me not being able to move there sooner. So it's adding to the frustration and feeling stuck. But let's hope for the best. What's your DQ? If it's in May, I really hope you get your present next week :)

Just now, Coco Beau said:

What makes you think they might send something by sunday? 

I don't know...I think in the past I have noticed people got something at 2am on a Sunday night. Don't quote me for this and don't stay up till 2am lol. Let's hope they send out IL soon. 

Just now, Abhikochar said:

Yeah, I agree it's not that far, but for now it seems really far. Luckily, my husband and I are together in Toronto. I was living here for 10 years and we decided to move closer to my family. But I am not able to accept offers in the U.S. because of me not being able to move there sooner. So it's adding to the frustration and feeling stuck. But let's hope for the best. What's your DQ? If it's in May, I really hope you get your present next week :)

Thank goodness you are together, I can understand the frustration of not being able to look for work/accept offers though. I left Toronto a few years ago naively when we started this process thinking it would be a 9 month process. Husband and I have been living apart for almost 3 years now and have a nearly one year old that I lug back and forth between Alberta and California in an attempt to be together at least a bit and not break any rules.  my DQ date is MAY 23!!!!!!!1 I am riiiiiiiighht there... 

Timeline
2 hours ago, mizzem said:

Thank you for your reply. I don't know what we would do without everyone on VisaJourney, this group has helped us so much with questions along the way.. For years we have always stayed at my brothers house whenever in the US and we do have a notarized letter from him stating this and that we will be living there while looking for a home, hopefully this will help. We submitted it as well to NVC. Of course we wanted to wait for GC approval before actually purchasing one so hopefully they will be ok with that..Thanks again and good luck to you!

Thanks! And you should be ok. We also had a letter from our friend that was submitted to NVC and it was totally acceptable. If it worked for us, I don't think it'll be different with your case. On top of it, you can be hosted by your brothers/relatives while ours was just a friend. You don't have anything to worry about. 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Hoffmaya said:

Thanks! And you should be ok. We also had a letter from our friend that was submitted to NVC and it was totally acceptable. If it worked for us, I don't think it'll be different with your case. On top of it, you can be hosted by your brothers/relatives while ours was just a friend. You don't have anything to worry about. 

19 minutes ago, Hoffmaya said:

That’s very reassuring..I have been dwelling on that and concerned it could be a problem. I’ve notice in other interview reviews that they are asked what their address in the US is so it has been a concern.. my husband’s interview is on the 29th so hopefully no issues! Thanks again!

I’m in a similar situation.

Dec 16: Interview in Montreal, took passport, and denied visa due to pending medical results
Dec 16- 20:  Confirmed multiple times with the medical office that my medical results had been sent electronically. They said I was not the only one with this issue and suspected an issue on the US Consulate side (new system for receiving due to covid)
Dec 23: US consulate confirmed via email they had received my results
Jan 5: CEAC online status updated to "ready to schedule an interview"
Jan 7:  Have been sending e-mails to the consulate for status update  and on Jan 7 they replied again saying they have the medical results and my case is under review: 
Jan 11: Looks like the date updated on CEAC was revised to Jan 11, and status still says "ready to schedule an interview" 

I am so frustrated! Has anyone received their passport back? Any idea on timeline ? Is there a way to just get your passport back? 

thank you all!! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, jackanddeona said:

That's right. Slacker here hasn't been adding calendar events. 

We'll see about correcting that soon...

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.