Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, Tofu said:

As of this AM, 1/13/21 - my medical results have still not been sent to the consulate.  I called and followed up with Medysis, and they said they are being sent today... so waiting for that confirmation email.

Ope, just received my confirmation e-mail - medical was just sent now.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

@Tofu

Interesting. You are the first person in recent memory who had a copy of a document requested in addition to the document...

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

On 1/11/2021 at 6:34 PM, Todd@Alya said:

Has anyone used Dr. Randall T. Lee in Scarborough or Dr. Lyndon Mascarenhas in Toronto for their medical test? My wife is considering one of these two options for her medical exam and we were hoping someone could share their experience.   

hi,

Yes I did my medical exam with Dr. Lee in Scarborough and I didn't have a bad experience just asked about my vaccines and my medical history and got my blood work and x-ray done. they even called me and told me that they had submitted my results to the consulate general. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Hawk Riders said:

@Tofu

Interesting. You are the first person in recent memory who had a copy of a document requested in addition to the document...

Yes!

Not really sure why - pretty straight forward case. Nothing on police clearance and husband makes over the $ threshold and owns his property. They did indicate that my updated police clearance that was uploaded to CEAC was a little blurry. 

Timeline

SS card received Monday! It has a typo though, missing final letter of middle name. Still waiting on GC

USCIS

Dec 29 2018 ------ Married

Jan 23 2019 ------ I-130 submitted

Feb 01 2019 ------ NOA1

Dec 30 2019 ------ NOA2

NVC

Feb 11 2020 ------ Welcome letter email received

Feb 12 2020 ------ Case Creation date

Feb 12 2020 ------ IV and AOS bills visible. Paid same day.

Feb 15 2020 ------ AOS and IV bills showing paid, AOS and DS-260 accessible

Feb 18 2020 ------ DS-260 (plus documents) and AOS documents submitted

Feb 19 2020 ------ DQ email received

COVID happened

Nov 16 2020 ------ Interview email received

Consulate

Dec 02 2020 ------ Medical with Dr. Cheema

Dec 14 2020 ------ Interview at Montreal consulate

Dec 22 2020 ------ Passport returned with visa

Permanent Resident

Dec 28 2020 ------ Immigration fee (green card processing fee) paid

Jan 01 2021 ------ POE Peace Arch, with 20' U-Haul

Jan 11 2021 ------ Social Security card received

Mar 26 2021 ------ Green Card received, IR-1

Citizenship

Dec 27 2023 ------ N400 submitted 

Jan 17 2024 ------ Biometrics Appt (Portland, OR), cancelled due to ice storm

Feb 20 2024 ------ Biometrics Appt (Portland, OR)

Apr 1 2024 ------ Citizenship exam & oath ceremony!

Timeline

As we approach 200 pages, which I understand is the max for a thread, I'd like for this thread not just peter out, but end with purpose by including a link to the awesome FAQ (and of course a link to the new thread where we'll want to keep talking). We've posted 1800+ times in this thread and the info throughout has been incredibly useful, albeit challenging to search through. That FAQ has been key. For the sake of future VJers who jump to the end of a thread hoping for a summary, I suggest we provide the FAQ. 

USCIS

Dec 29 2018 ------ Married

Jan 23 2019 ------ I-130 submitted

Feb 01 2019 ------ NOA1

Dec 30 2019 ------ NOA2

NVC

Feb 11 2020 ------ Welcome letter email received

Feb 12 2020 ------ Case Creation date

Feb 12 2020 ------ IV and AOS bills visible. Paid same day.

Feb 15 2020 ------ AOS and IV bills showing paid, AOS and DS-260 accessible

Feb 18 2020 ------ DS-260 (plus documents) and AOS documents submitted

Feb 19 2020 ------ DQ email received

COVID happened

Nov 16 2020 ------ Interview email received

Consulate

Dec 02 2020 ------ Medical with Dr. Cheema

Dec 14 2020 ------ Interview at Montreal consulate

Dec 22 2020 ------ Passport returned with visa

Permanent Resident

Dec 28 2020 ------ Immigration fee (green card processing fee) paid

Jan 01 2021 ------ POE Peace Arch, with 20' U-Haul

Jan 11 2021 ------ Social Security card received

Mar 26 2021 ------ Green Card received, IR-1

Citizenship

Dec 27 2023 ------ N400 submitted 

Jan 17 2024 ------ Biometrics Appt (Portland, OR), cancelled due to ice storm

Feb 20 2024 ------ Biometrics Appt (Portland, OR)

Apr 1 2024 ------ Citizenship exam & oath ceremony!

14 hours ago, Abhikochar said:

This will be my situation too. I would be contracting a lease on my name once my husband receives his IL. I have been advised by my lawyer that is sufficient for proof of domicile..in my case I am more of re establishing domicile..lived here in Toronto for the last 10 years, so cant really show a house or anything on my name in the U.S. 

This is also our situation.  So I too am curious how this one is navigated.   

My husband has lived in canada with me for the past 10 years. (He's american with a Canadian PR) He started working in the usa about a year ago, but just lives in his truck and travels home every few months. I am super lucky to atleast get to see him still. I see some of you have not been so lucky seeing your spouses.  The plan was to lease a apartment to land in, but interviews are taking forever and we can't afford to hold a mortgage in Canada and rent in the USA for a long long wait.  so we have put off the apartment until we get closer to a interview.   Proof of domicile was what pooped up when NVC reviewed our documents.   Wondering what others what done to prove domicile when you move together to the USA. 

15 minutes ago, LisaD1234 said:

This is also our situation.  So I too am curious how this one is navigated.   

My husband has lived in canada with me for the past 10 years. (He's american with a Canadian PR) He started working in the usa about a year ago, but just lives in his truck and travels home every few months. I am super lucky to atleast get to see him still. I see some of you have not been so lucky seeing your spouses.  The plan was to lease a apartment to land in, but interviews are taking forever and we can't afford to hold a mortgage in Canada and rent in the USA for a long long wait.  so we have put off the apartment until we get closer to a interview.   Proof of domicile was what pooped up when NVC reviewed our documents.   Wondering what others what done to prove domicile when you move together to the USA. 

This is a very similar situation as ours. Except for the fact that I have not moved to the u.s. yet. My husband didn't want us to live separately even if it's for few months. However, I already quit my job here in Canada last year in July when our documents got qualified (broke ties with Canada, and started looking for work in the u.s.  which helps re establish domicile). But people don't need to quit their jobs in Canada, I just had a situation so this worked well for us. Now the problem is I am getting a lot of offers in the u.s. but my husband's interview date is not set yet so we don't know and I haven't been accepting. This entire thing is really confusing. Well in your case, since your husband is already working in the u.s. , so he has established his domicile. Other proof could be, your ties in the u.s., if you have family there then show your roots, transfer assets to u.s.. I liquidated TFSA here and transferred to my u.s. account. And once you get your IL, may be you can at that time get a lease executed which you can further show for proof of domicile. Hope this helps, sorry for the long message and my thoughts are scattered all over. But let me know if you have any questions. I am a bit nervous for our case since my husband and I decided that I stay here throughout the process and we move to u.s. together. So it's a bit tricky, but hoping the consulate will understand our situation and we have made all efforts to re-establish my domicile. 

Timeline

Can anyone report as to whether or not the consulate has vending machines for water and/or snacks? I'm concerned about being there for hours without any hydration as medical issues mean I really need to be drinking water every hour and they obviously won't let us bring anything in. 

Edited by Ptitchou

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.