Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, Tofu said:

Hi there,  I had my interview today at 10:15  EST and all went well with the exception of my medical not arriving to the consulate in time.  I will write a review when I have some more time!  Fingers crossed my medical is sent tomorrow, or Wednesday. 

Yahoooo for you! 💜💜🕺🏻🕺🏻

Timeline
9 hours ago, ameena1423 said:

I do want to note that the envelope also contained two police certificates that belonged to someone else and did not include mine. I have reached out to the Consulate about it.

Congratulations on getting your visa! But omg that is so bad on the consulate's part!

6 hours ago, aurmorr said:

So of course we are all probably pretty obsessive about our paperwork, but how hard do you go? I have a file folder right now, but I feel like the longer I wait the more paranoid I’m getting about everything I am going to do a binder. Do y’all have binders? How do you have them organized? Do you find the organization of your information matters during your interview? Because they theoretically have all that information, right? Post binder inspo 🤣?

I had a 5lb binder and I still didn't feel ready 😬  I organized mine into the stuff they asked for first (in the order listed online), then the stuff they might ask for, and then the stuff that they almost certainly wouldn't ask for but I was bringing because I was paranoid. At the actual interview it was convenient that I ordered it that way because I only had to flip through a small section to give them the documents they asked for. 

5 hours ago, annierob said:

First, hoping the next batch of ILs go out this week for all next in queue! Good luck to you all, and hope the streak continues (if all continues to go as it has, I should get mine in March).

I was looking through the thread, and I didn't quite find an answer. So if it's has indeed been answered, apologies, I must have missed it.

My police certificate is expiring in February, and will need to get a new one. I emailed Commissionaires and asked if there was a way to pull up the info from my file and issue a new one, versus going again in person to get fingerprinted.

I've attached their response.

Please correct me, but an online check is not the same thing as a fingerprint check? OR...maybe because I did a fingerprint check, my data is in the system, and an online check is sufficient now?

My gut instinct is that I need to go back in person.

You do need to go in in person again because the fingerprints they took will have been destroyed and you'll need to have new ones taken. I was lucky enough for my second PCC that they still had my fingerprints on file 2 months later but even they were surprised that they still had them at that point. After a year they will most certainly be gone.

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Timeline
1 hour ago, Todd@Alya said:

Has anyone used Dr. Randall T. Lee in Scarborough or Dr. Lyndon Mascarenhas in Toronto for their medical test? My wife is considering one of these two options for her medical exam and we were hoping someone could share their experience.   

I went to Dr. Mascarenhas. I completed my medical on December 14th and it was sent and received by the embassy on December 21st. The appointment was quick and easy, I would highly recommend him! 

Timeline
11 hours ago, aurmorr said:

So of course we are all probably pretty obsessive about our paperwork, but how hard do you go? I have a file folder right now, but I feel like the longer I wait the more paranoid I’m getting about everything I am going to do a binder. Do y’all have binders? How do you have them organized? Do you find the organization of your information matters during your interview? Because they theoretically have all that information, right? Post binder inspo 🤣?

My husband used a large accordion folder.. like a little suitcase. We organized it based on the checklist. He took waaay more than necessary. 

1 hour ago, Todd@Alya said:

Has anyone used Dr. Randall T. Lee in Scarborough or Dr. Lyndon Mascarenhas in Toronto for their medical test? My wife is considering one of these two options for her medical exam and we were hoping someone could share their experience.   

my husband went to Dr Mascarenhas in Nov. Nice doctor, the medical took about 2 hours and the results were sent to the consulate in 5 business days. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, betzzymathew said:

Its pretty crystal clear. You do not need to get one if you haven't been to India. (Some attorneys have even gone on to argue that if have you merely visited and not taken up residence, you can still use the same PCC - but YMMV). 

I have a PCC issued from SFO consulate 2 years back and havent been back to India after that and have no plans of getting a new one. Pretty much previous experience from India PCC have been the same. They did not get a new PCC, if they did not visit the country after they got their PCC. 

Important: Police certificates expire after one year, unless the certificate was issued from your country of previous residence and you have not returned there since the police certificate was issued. If at the time of your interview the following three items are all true, you must bring a new police certificate to your visa interview:

• You are more than 16 years old;
  • The police certificate submitted to NVC was obtained more than one year ago; and
  • You still live in the country that issued the certificate.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-5-collect-financial-evidence-and-other-supporting-documents/step-7-collect-civil-documents.html

Thank you.. This helps!

Timeline

There is a rumour on one of the FB pages that the Montreal consulate is not scheduling new interviews because of the Quebec lockdown. Someone said they "received an email". Given that I've been DQ'D since September and have heard nothing from anyone yet, I'm suspicious about any email that says something like "we're NOT scheduling interviews". Just wanted to know if anyone else who was DQ'd after May 2020 has heard anything about more interview delays. Thanks. 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, CGs_Mother said:

There is a rumour on one of the FB pages that the Montreal consulate is not scheduling new interviews because of the Quebec lockdown. Someone said they "received an email". Given that I've been DQ'D since September and have heard nothing from anyone yet, I'm suspicious about any email that says something like "we're NOT scheduling interviews". Just wanted to know if anyone else who was DQ'd after May 2020 has heard anything about more interview delays. Thanks. 

They will announce a cancelation of interviews not email to a few people. They may not schedule any but the email is suspect.

Timeline

I activated my visa & entered the US on January 1st, and just got my SSN in the mail today. (I had requested on the DS-260 that they send me one.) My son hasn't gotten his yet, but hopefully it's coming soon! 

If anyone is interested in the actual crossing - I crossed at a land border with a Uhaul truck, with my son & my US Citizen husband. I went through the truck/RV lane, and told them I had an immigrant visa. They asked for my license plate number, which I wasn't prepared for, so I didn't have it ready. We had to wait in the truck for maybe 10-15 minutes while he did some stuff in the computer. Then we had to park and all go sit inside while they processed us. They asked the address where I would be living, and didn't ask much else. They didn't take the list I had prepared of truck contents, just verified that it was only household goods I was bringing across. They also made sure to double check my marriage date, to make sure I was getting the correct visa type (I am CR1, and they wanted to make sure to put it through properly if I was eligible for IR1, which I am not - if I could have waited 2 more months I would be!). Overall it took just under an hour total. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, jackanddeona said:

They will announce a cancelation of interviews not email to a few people. They may not schedule any but the email is suspect.

Thanks. That's what I thought! 

Timeline
10 hours ago, CGs_Mother said:

We were also DQd in September. I dont expect to hear anything until mid May or June the earliest lol

Timeline

2 hours ago, YYZ&MIA said:

We were also DQd in September. I dont expect to hear anything until mid May or June the earliest lol

Us as well! you should add your timeline and ask @Hawk Riders to add you to the tracking document, it will help you see where others are in the process. I really hope we'd be getting IL in march for April interview based on the timelines but there are  SO many different factors that go in and things that could happen, so this is purely my speculation.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.