Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Abhikochar said:

Hi there, wishing you good luck for preparing your organized binder and for the interview. If you don't mind, can I reach out to you for help when it's my turn to prepare the binder as I believe I have a similar case. I am the u.s. citizen and I lived here with my husband for last 10 years and then sponsored him in 2019 so we can move back closer to my family. I have joint sponsor as well and need to rove my domicile re establishing. 

All the best to you. 

Absolutely! I’m no professional, but I’ll Update on this forum when my interview comes around for those who have our situation. I’m the last one on the list for interviews projected in February, so the chance I’ll get one is slim, but I’m hoping it will be soon so I have more time to plan. Best of luck to you as well! 

1 hour ago, Tofu said:

Hi there,  I had my interview today at 10:15  EST and all went well with the exception of my medical not arriving to the consulate in time.  I will write a review when I have some more time!  Fingers crossed my medical is sent tomorrow, or Wednesday. 

Congrats! Where did you get your medical done? In Montreal?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, annierob said:

First, hoping the next batch of ILs go out this week for all next in queue! Good luck to you all, and hope the streak continues (if all continues to go as it has, I should get mine in March).

I was looking through the thread, and I didn't quite find an answer. So if it's has indeed been answered, apologies, I must have missed it.

My police certificate is expiring in February, and will need to get a new one. I emailed Commissionaires and asked if there was a way to pull up the info from my file and issue a new one, versus going again in person to get fingerprinted.

I've attached their response.

Please correct me, but an online check is not the same thing as a fingerprint check? OR...maybe because I did a fingerprint check, my data is in the system, and an online check is sufficient now?

My gut instinct is that I need to go back in person.

Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 10.14.38 AM.png

I asked the RCMP the same thing a month back and was told they don't store our fingerprints in their database and that I'd need to come back in person to apply for a new one. I'm not sure whether the commissionaires are the same but I do feel that applying in person is the safer bet especially now that some of the language used around the certificate has changed.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Prairiegirl3 said:

Congrats! Where did you get your medical done? In Montreal?

Hi, Yes - In Montreal.  

The way the holidays landed, my options were December 23(likely to be on time), or January 5 (and likely to be late). 

To reduce travel around the holidays, I chose to have my medical on January 5... so we were expecting it to be late.  (There was only a small chance of it arriving in time).

Timeline

For those who can relate: I couldn't sleep last night thinking about ILs (hopefully) going out this week. I recall many people have said they've received their letters around 2:00AM EST and I got an email RIGHT at that time. Much to my dismay it was only spam 🤕 fingers crossed it happens another day this week! 🤞

Timeline

My canadian police clearance got expired in december and Indian police clearance got expired yesterday. I am DQed 19 May. Looking at the trend I might get IL this month. however, the Indian PCC takes 6-8 weeks to complete, even if I apply today I am sure it wont arrive until interview. And I am not even sure about canadian PCC timeline. So my question is:

1. Will I have to get Indian PCC, even if I haven't been to India since it expired?
2. Is there a workaround about the pcc?
3. Do we even have to get a new pcc, even if we are not advised to get a new one?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Tofu said:

Hi there,  I had my interview today at 10:15  EST and all went well with the exception of my medical not arriving to the consulate in time.  I will write a review when I have some more time!  Fingers crossed my medical is sent tomorrow, or Wednesday. 

Congrats Tofu! I’m sure it’ll get there soon 😊🙏🏻

12 minutes ago, Specter said:

My canadian police clearance got expired in december and Indian police clearance got expired yesterday. I am DQed 19 May. Looking at the trend I might get IL this month. however, the Indian PCC takes 6-8 weeks to complete, even if I apply today I am sure it wont arrive until interview. And I am not even sure about canadian PCC timeline. So my question is:

1. Will I have to get Indian PCC, even if I haven't been to India since it expired?
3. Do we even have to get a new pcc, even if we are not advised to get a new one?

I believe if you have not been to India after the issuance of your PCC, you don't need to get one. See below quote from the consulate website. However to be 1000% sure I would suggest emailing the consulate or maybe someone in the same boat can answer better than me. Good luck!

"If you are older than 16 years of age:  The original police certificate from your country of current residence, any countries where you lived for more than 12 months, and any country where you have been arrested.  If you previously submitted a police certifciate to NVC, it is more than one (1) year old, and you still live in that country, you must obtain and bring a more recent police certificate to your visa interview as the one you previously submitted will have expired.  You can find information on when police certificates are required and how to get them on our website."

Timeline
18 minutes ago, acmanu said:

I believe if you have not been to India after the issuance of your PCC, you don't need to get one. See below quote from the consulate website. However to be 1000% sure I would suggest emailing the consulate or maybe someone in the same boat can answer better than me. Good luck!

"If you are older than 16 years of age:  The original police certificate from your country of current residence, any countries where you lived for more than 12 months, and any country where you have been arrested.  If you previously submitted a police certifciate to NVC, it is more than one (1) year old, and you still live in that country, you must obtain and bring a more recent police certificate to your visa interview as the one you previously submitted will have expired.  You can find information on when police certificates are required and how to get them on our website."

Thanks for the information.  hope everything turns out fine. I will have to mail them. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Skaur0609 said:

My husband background check expired and he called them to ask if he could do it online since he already done one in past. He has to go in. Also they asked him to call to make appointment 4 days ahead. 

The office I went to in Edmonton wanted everything scheduled online so not consistent I guess.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, jackanddeona said:

The office I went to in Edmonton wanted everything scheduled online so not consistent I guess.

I think it might be different depending on location. We are getting done ours in Toronto.

Timeline
2 hours ago, betzzymathew said:

Visas and stamp from old passport do not cancel automatically with passport being expired. (In some cases if passport is "damaged" , the stamps and visas do expire)

While travelling you just have to carry both passports. 

@betzzymathew that's a relief, thanks so much!

Edited by mizzem

1 hour ago, Specter said:

Its pretty crystal clear. You do not need to get one if you haven't been to India. (Some attorneys have even gone on to argue that if have you merely visited and not taken up residence, you can still use the same PCC - but YMMV). 

I have a PCC issued from SFO consulate 2 years back and havent been back to India after that and have no plans of getting a new one. Pretty much previous experience from India PCC have been the same. They did not get a new PCC, if they did not visit the country after they got their PCC. 

Important: Police certificates expire after one year, unless the certificate was issued from your country of previous residence and you have not returned there since the police certificate was issued. If at the time of your interview the following three items are all true, you must bring a new police certificate to your visa interview:

• You are more than 16 years old;
  • The police certificate submitted to NVC was obtained more than one year ago; and
  • You still live in the country that issued the certificate.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-5-collect-financial-evidence-and-other-supporting-documents/step-7-collect-civil-documents.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.