Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

First, hoping the next batch of ILs go out this week for all next in queue! Good luck to you all, and hope the streak continues (if all continues to go as it has, I should get mine in March).

I was looking through the thread, and I didn't quite find an answer. So if it's has indeed been answered, apologies, I must have missed it.

My police certificate is expiring in February, and will need to get a new one. I emailed Commissionaires and asked if there was a way to pull up the info from my file and issue a new one, versus going again in person to get fingerprinted.

I've attached their response.

Please correct me, but an online check is not the same thing as a fingerprint check? OR...maybe because I did a fingerprint check, my data is in the system, and an online check is sufficient now?

My gut instinct is that I need to go back in person.

Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 10.14.38 AM.png

Timeline
1 hour ago, YPYP said:

Hi all & @Hawk Riders,

To give you a sense of what timelines look like, I had my interview Wednesday, December 30th and was approved for my CR1  at the time. According to CEAC my visa was  'Issued" on January 5th and I had my passport back in hand on Friday, January 8th. My POE will be on Wednesday, January 13th, at Pearson Airport. 

My company, which is Canadian but operates largely out of the US, will be transferring me to their mid-town New York office effective Thursday, January 14 and going forth I will be a US employee for them. A question to anyone who may know, while I wait for my SSN is there anything that I can provide my company in the interim? As they will need that for tax purposes and to activate my private health insurance with Aetna.

Thanks!

I have some experience with this as I am in the US on a TN while I wait for my PR. It took me FOREVER to get an SSN after entering on a TN because the SSA offices were initially closed, and then only taking emergency appointments, like people who needed unemployment assistance. There is typically a 90 day grace period for employers so you can legally start working without the SSN. For me, I worked without it for 7 months, when I finally obtained it in November. My employer was able to activate my health insurance, have tax withheld and so on without the SSN. I would also recommend visiting an SSA office in person to request the SSN (you need to call to make an appointment), as it is much quicker. I received it in the mail 5 days after visiting an office in person.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, annierob said:

First, hoping the next batch of ILs go out this week for all next in queue! Good luck to you all, and hope the streak continues (if all continues to go as it has, I should get mine in March).

I was looking through the thread, and I didn't quite find an answer. So if it's has indeed been answered, apologies, I must have missed it.

My police certificate is expiring in February, and will need to get a new one. I emailed Commissionaires and asked if there was a way to pull up the info from my file and issue a new one, versus going again in person to get fingerprinted.

I've attached their response.

Please correct me, but an online check is not the same thing as a fingerprint check? OR...maybe because I did a fingerprint check, my data is in the system, and an online check is sufficient now?

My gut instinct is that I need to go back in person.

Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 10.14.38 AM.png

I may be reading this different than you but to me they are saying if you apply for a crc online, just like last time, you will be issued a new one. But you could call to confirm. 

Timeline
Just now, jackanddeona said:

I may be reading this different than you but to me they are saying if you apply for a crc online, just like last time, you will be issued a new one. But you could call to confirm. 

I know, I should have wrote something about that.

I did not apply online last time, I went in person, but I received PDFs of my background check + a paper version with a stamp via snail mail. And that's what was uploaded and approved by the NVC.

Timeline
1 minute ago, annierob said:

I know, I should have wrote something about that.

I did not apply online last time, I went in person, but I received PDFs of my background check + a paper version with a stamp via snail mail. And that's what was uploaded and approved by the NVC.

Ah ok. Ya I would assume that they would require you to go in person for a finger print check. That being said there is no "online check" I was required to book my check online for physical fingerprints.

Edited by jackanddeona

Timeline

Not sure if this is the right forum to ask but just wondered if anyone has come across this issue or can help out. Has anyone had to renew their Canadian passport while it still has their I-551 stamp in it? Just thinking ahead and while my husbands interview is on Jan. 29 his passport expires in October/'21. I'm assuming he will have his green card by then but if there are any unexpected glitches that will prolong an approval, we don't expect any but you never know, what will happen with his stamp as they will void his present passport when a new one is issued. Thx..

Timeline

it is so nerve wracking to sit here waiting for news on the next batch of ILs

thanks so much for everyone here sharing information and bringing some light to the tunnel 

I was DQ back in end of June 2020. Can I please be added to the spreadsheet @Hawk Riders ?

3 hours ago, Prairiegirl3 said:

Yes I’m in the same boat! Currently in the process of changing from a file folder to a binder with sheet protectors. I have a lot of paperwork because I had a joint sponsor and need to prove my husbands domicile since he’s here with me. I felt like rifling through the file folder was going to be too stressful so that’s why I’m making the switch

Hi there, wishing you good luck for preparing your organized binder and for the interview. If you don't mind, can I reach out to you for help when it's my turn to prepare the binder as I believe I have a similar case. I am the u.s. citizen and I lived here with my husband for last 10 years and then sponsored him in 2019 so we can move back closer to my family. I have joint sponsor as well and need to rove my domicile re establishing. 

All the best to you. 

Edited by Abhikochar

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, mizzem said:

Not sure if this is the right forum to ask but just wondered if anyone has come across this issue or can help out. Has anyone had to renew their Canadian passport while it still has their I-551 stamp in it? Just thinking ahead and while my husbands interview is on Jan. 29 his passport expires in October/'21. I'm assuming he will have his green card by then but if there are any unexpected glitches that will prolong an approval, we don't expect any but you never know, what will happen with his stamp as they will void his present passport when a new one is issued. Thx..

@mam521 is going through this right now with one of her littles. 

1 hour ago, mizzem said:

Visas and stamp from old passport do not cancel automatically with passport being expired. (In some cases if passport is "damaged" , the stamps and visas do expire)

While travelling you just have to carry both passports. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, jackanddeona said:

Ah ok. Ya I would assume that they would require you to go in person for a finger print check. That being said there is no "online check" I was required to book my check online for physical fingerprints.

My husband background check expired and he called them to ask if he could do it online since he already done one in past. He has to go in. Also they asked him to call to make appointment 4 days ahead. 

Timeline
On 1/10/2021 at 10:51 AM, Atyree9 said:

Husband entered the U.S. yesterday. The entire process took maybe 20 minutes. They did his green card stuff and then checked out the Uhaul, which was basically opening the door, taking a peek inside, and then shutting the door. All of the officers were pretty bored. I also crossed yesterday and there was no one in the line up. 

Hi! That's great and congrats! Which POE did he cross at? 

Thanks!

Anuja 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.