Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Prairiegirl3 said:

I just got a copy of my immunization records from public health. I was under the impression that would be enough. Hopefully that's true! I ordered a new Police certificate, but that's because it turned out the wording on my original was actually wrong. It came back correctly, however, I've read on here that many people are turning in the Privacy Act: Other ones and it being just fine. 

I just got a new police certificate. I didn't realize I should upload it to CEAC. I thought I could just bring it to the interview. Can anyone shed any light on this?? Is it okay to just bring the new police certificate to the interview without uploading it online? 

Ok thanks, hopefully the public health records will suffice, I was/am under the same impression as you. Thanks for the update on the police report.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 1/9/2021 at 12:56 PM, jackanddeona said:

I'm in may. Hoping for good news next week. It's so much worse when its possibly your month to get one haha.

I'm in May, too!  TBH we've been waiting so long I can't imagine NOT waiting... 

Timeline
20 minutes ago, KStene22 said:

You should be next in line for an interview. We are DQ May 15 and got a letter on Dec. 11 with a Jan. 29 interview date.

Timeline

Thank you to everyone who has posted on here, it’s extremely helpful! This is exactly what I’ve been looking for! Hoping many of you will receive IL in the coming days!!

I was DQ November the 5th. Can I please be added to the spreadsheet @Hawk Riders ?

thank you and best of luck to everyone!!! 

Timeline

I'm sure this has been asked, but I can't sort through all of the past posts to find what I am looking for...

Have there been delays in getting medical results due to covid?  I live in the prairies, and will therefore have to travel a LONG way for my medical.  We had initially though to go to Montreal early, wait, then get the interview, but I'm not sure this is wise anymore.  I'm also considering going to Surrey in a separate trip as soon as I can, and doing Montreal separately.  

What are your plans?  Or what did you do if you've recently had your interview?

Timeline
36 minutes ago, KStene22 said:

I'm sure this has been asked, but I can't sort through all of the past posts to find what I am looking for...

Have there been delays in getting medical results due to covid?  I live in the prairies, and will therefore have to travel a LONG way for my medical.  We had initially though to go to Montreal early, wait, then get the interview, but I'm not sure this is wise anymore.  I'm also considering going to Surrey in a separate trip as soon as I can, and doing Montreal separately.  

Some people have had delays some have not. I am going to surrey first and then going to Montreal. Want to avoid Ontario and Quebec as much as possible.

53 minutes ago, KStene22 said:

I went to Surrey for my medical on nov 26 and then to Montreal for my interview dec 2 because that was the soonest they had for medical (I had really short notice for my interview). At my interview they said they didn’t receive my medical yet so I was refused but I’m guessing they ended up receiving it later that afternoon because I got an email two days later that my passport was ready for pickup! Feel free to message me if you have any questions!

Timeline

Hey guys,

With us anticipating an IL next week hopefully just double and triple checking everything we have. One thing I have seen mentioned is you need copies of documents and yet in all of the reviews of the process people do not say they gave copies. Curious do you need copies or not?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
46 minutes ago, jackanddeona said:

do you need copies or not?

Nope

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline
7 hours ago, KStene22 said:

I’m June 1 and feel the same! Can’t even imagine getting the letter and then having to focus on everything that comes next.  Medical in Surrey - flight - where to stay.  Here’s hoping something comes this week!    🤞🏻 

Timeline
12 hours ago, Prairiegirl3 said:

I just got a copy of my immunization records from public health. I was under the impression that would be enough. Hopefully that's true! I ordered a new Police certificate, but that's because it turned out the wording on my original was actually wrong. It came back correctly, however, I've read on here that many people are turning in the Privacy Act: Other ones and it being just fine. 

I just got a new police certificate. I didn't realize I should upload it to CEAC. I thought I could just bring it to the interview. Can anyone shed any light on this?? Is it okay to just bring the new police certificate to the interview without uploading it online? 

We didn’t update any of our documents and just brought them to the interview. They just asked for those specific ones (police cert., wedding cert., taxes, and birth certificates). But he brought everything just to be safe.

Timeline

So of course we are all probably pretty obsessive about our paperwork, but how hard do you go? I have a file folder right now, but I feel like the longer I wait the more paranoid I’m getting about everything I am going to do a binder. Do y’all have binders? How do you have them organized? Do you find the organization of your information matters during your interview? Because they theoretically have all that information, right? Post binder inspo 🤣?

IR1 - DQ Oct 16 2020

---

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet 
(follow instructions at the top of the page and DM @Hawk Riders to be added)

7 minutes ago, aurmorr said:

So of course we are all probably pretty obsessive about our paperwork, but how hard do you go? I have a file folder right now, but I feel like the longer I wait the more paranoid I’m getting about everything I am going to do a binder. Do y’all have binders? How do you have them organized? Do you find the organization of your information matters during your interview? Because they theoretically have all that information, right? Post binder inspo 🤣?

Yes I’m in the same boat! Currently in the process of changing from a file folder to a binder with sheet protectors. I have a lot of paperwork because I had a joint sponsor and need to prove my husbands domicile since he’s here with me. I felt like rifling through the file folder was going to be too stressful so that’s why I’m making the switch

Timeline

Hi all & @Hawk Riders,

To give you a sense of what timelines look like, I had my interview Wednesday, December 30th and was approved for my CR1  at the time. According to CEAC my visa was  'Issued" on January 5th and I had my passport back in hand on Friday, January 8th. My POE will be on Wednesday, January 13th, at Pearson Airport. 

My company, which is Canadian but operates largely out of the US, will be transferring me to their mid-town New York office effective Thursday, January 14 and going forth I will be a US employee for them. A question to anyone who may know, while I wait for my SSN is there anything that I can provide my company in the interim? As they will need that for tax purposes and to activate my private health insurance with Aetna.

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.