Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

**Several posts removed for derailment and TOS violations. Reminder: please report any derailing, belittling or argumentative posts and do not self-police threads.**

VJ Moderation

🇷🇺 CR-1 via DCF (Dec 2016-Jun 2017) & I-751 ROC (Apr 2019-Oct 2019)🌹

Spoiler

Info about my DCF Moscow* experience here and here

26-Jul-2016: Married abroad in Russia 👩‍❤️‍👨 See guide here
21-Dec-2016: I-130 filed at Moscow USCIS field office*
29-Dec-2016: I-130 approved! Yay! 🎊 

17-Jan-2017: Case number received

21-Mar-2017: Medical Exam completed

24-Mar-2017: Interview at Embassy - approved! 🎉

29-Mar-2017: CR-1 Visa received (via mail)

02-Apr-2017: USCIS Immigrant (GC) Fee paid

28-Jun-2017: Port of Entry @ PDX 🛩️

21-Jul-2017: No SSN after three weeks; applied in person at the SSA

22-Jul-2017: GC arrived in the mail 📬

31-Jul-2017: SSN arrived via mail, hurrah!

*NOTE: The USCIS Field Office in Moscow is now CLOSED as of February 28th, 2019.

Removal of Conditions - MSC Service Center

28-Jun-2019: Conditional GC expires

30-Mar-2019: Eligible to apply for ROC

01-Apr-2019: ROC in the mail to Phoenix AZ lockbox! 📫

03-Apr-2019: ROC packet delivered to lockbox

09-Apr-2019: USCIS cashed check

09-Apr-2019: Case number received via text - MSC 📲

12-Apr-2019: Extension letter arrives via mail

19-Apr-2019: Biometrics letter arrives via mail

30-Apr-2019: Biometrics appointment at local office

26-Jun-2019: Case ready to be scheduled for interview 

04-Sep-2019: Interview was scheduled - letter to arrive in mail

09-Sep-2019: Interview letter arrived in the mail! ✉️

17-Oct-2019: Interview scheduled @ local USCIS  

18-Oct-2019: Interview cancelled & notice ordered*

18-Oct-2019: Case was approved! 🎉

22-Oct-2019: Card was mailed to me 📨

23-Oct-2019: Card was picked by USPS 

25-Oct-2019: 10 year GC Card received in mail 📬

*I don't understand this status because we DID have an interview!

🇺🇸 N-400 Application for Naturalization (Apr 2020-Jun 2021) 🛂

Spoiler

Filed during Covid-19 & moved states 1 month after filing

30-Mar-2020: N-400 early filing window opens!

01-Apr-2020: Filed N-400 online 💻 

02-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received online 📃

07-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received via mail

05-May-2020: Moved to another state, filed AR-11 online

05-May-2020: Application transferred to another USCIS field office for review ➡️

15-May-2020: AR-11 request to change address completed

16-Jul-2020: Filed non-receipt inquiry due to never getting confirmation that case was transferred to new field office

15-Oct-2020: Received generic response to non-receipt inquiry, see full response here

10-Feb-2021: Contacted senator's office for help with USCIS

12-Feb-2021: Received canned response from senator's office that case is within processing time 😡

16-Feb-2021: Contacted other senator's office for help with USCIS - still no biometrics

19-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice - canned response from other senator's office 🌐

23-Feb-2021: Interview scheduled - notice to come in the mail

25-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice arrives via mail

01-Mar-2021: Interview notice letter arrives via mail  ✉️ 

29-Mar-2021: Passed interview at local office! Oath Ceremony to be scheduled

13-Apr-2021: Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

04-May-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 Unable to attend due to illness

04-May-2021: Mailed request to reschedule Oath to local office

05-May-2021: "You did not attend your Oath Ceremony" - notice to come in the mail

06-May-2021: Oath Ceremony will be scheduled, date TBA

12-May-2021: Oath Ceremony re-scheduled for June 3rd, then de-scheduled same day 😡 

25-May-2021: New Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

16-Jun-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 - DONE!!

17-Jun-2021: Certificate of Naturalization issued

🎆 Members new and old: don't forget to fill in your VJ timeline! 🎇 https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

When uploading a new I-864 and police clearance to ceac do you need to delete the old one or do I just upload it as a supporting document ? 

thank you! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
50 minutes ago, EJOyamot said:

When uploading a new I-864 and police clearance to ceac do you need to delete the old one or do I just upload it as a supporting document ? 

thank you! 

You cannot delete already approved docs IIRC.

Upload it as an additional document and you still have the option to select the appropriate type from the list...

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline
Just now, Hawk Riders said:

You cannot delete already approved docs IIRC.

Upload it as an additional document and you still have the option to select the appropriate type from the list...

Thank you 😊

16 hours ago, KStene22 said:

Can someone please remind me when interview letters typically get sent out?

Fingers crossed. Let's hope for people to receive their IL in the coming week. I know although we won't receive our IL yet since my husband was DQd on July 9th, but it is so nice to read those messages and the excitement expressed by everyone. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Abhikochar said:

Fingers crossed. Let's hope for people to receive their IL in the coming week. I know although we won't receive our IL yet since my husband was DQd on July 9th, but it is so nice to read those messages and the excitement expressed by everyone. 

I'm in may. Hoping for good news next week. It's so much worse when its possibly your month to get one haha.

Hey all,  looking for some clarification. If the consulate continues at its decent pace, I could POSSIBLY have an interview within the next few months, but a lot seems to be shutting down again so Im just trying to look ahead a bit.

1)For the medical, to prove vaccinations will a list from my local health unit work or do I need to go to my family doctor and actually get a blood test done to prove them. 

2) I know there has been a lot of discussion on the new criminal reference check wording. I have been DQed with he original/old one. Mine is likely to still be valid but wondering if there is any info from recent interviews if this one is still being accepted at the interviews or are people being required to get a new one regardless (not because of expiry date). 

Fingers crossed they keep moving! 

Timeline

Hi Everyone,

At interview time, does the financial document 864EZ have to be original with the petitioners signature or photocopy / scanned version is acceptable? 

I have to update the document since the NVC submission stage. Hence, I am wondering if I need to mail the original updated version to my spouse. 

Thank you!

1 hour ago, AnkitShah20 said:

Hi Everyone,

At interview time, does the financial document 864EZ have to be original with the petitioners signature or photocopy / scanned version is acceptable? 

I have to update the document since the NVC submission stage. Hence, I am wondering if I need to mail the original updated version to my spouse. 

Thank you!

Please check the i-864EZ instructions available on USCIS website here - https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-864ezinstr-pc.pdf

Quoting from the linked document

"Signature. Each affidavit must be properly signed and filed. For all signatures on this affidavit, USCIS will not accept a stamped or typewritten name in place of a signature. You must be at least 18 years of age to act as a sponsor and sign Form I-864EZ. A legal guardian may also sign for a mentally incompetent person. If the request is not signed or if the requisite signature on the request is not valid, USCIS will reject the request. See 8 CFR 103.2(a)(7)(ii)(A). If USCIS accepts a request for adjudication and determines that it has a deficient signature, USCIS will deny the request.If you are under guardianship, your legal guardian may print your name and sign Form I-864EZ for you. “Legal guardian” includes any person who is appointed and authorized by law to protect your estate as a result of your incapacity. The legal guardian must present proof of the appointment as legal guardian of your estate and a copy of an order from the appointing court or agency specifically permitting the guardian to make your income and assets available for the support of the sponsored immigrant.

Validity of Signatures. USCIS will consider a photocopied, faxed, or scanned copy of the original handwritten signature valid for filing purposes. The photocopy, fax, or scan must be of the original document containing the handwritten ink signature."

Edited by darth vader

Timeline

Husband entered the U.S. yesterday. The entire process took maybe 20 minutes. They did his green card stuff and then checked out the Uhaul, which was basically opening the door, taking a peek inside, and then shutting the door. All of the officers were pretty bored. I also crossed yesterday and there was no one in the line up. 

17 hours ago, Dkw said:

Hey all,  looking for some clarification. If the consulate continues at its decent pace, I could POSSIBLY have an interview within the next few months, but a lot seems to be shutting down again so Im just trying to look ahead a bit.

1)For the medical, to prove vaccinations will a list from my local health unit work or do I need to go to my family doctor and actually get a blood test done to prove them. 

2) I know there has been a lot of discussion on the new criminal reference check wording. I have been DQed with he original/old one. Mine is likely to still be valid but wondering if there is any info from recent interviews if this one is still being accepted at the interviews or are people being required to get a new one regardless (not because of expiry date). 

Fingers crossed they keep moving! 

I just got a copy of my immunization records from public health. I was under the impression that would be enough. Hopefully that's true! I ordered a new Police certificate, but that's because it turned out the wording on my original was actually wrong. It came back correctly, however, I've read on here that many people are turning in the Privacy Act: Other ones and it being just fine. 

23 hours ago, EJOyamot said:

thank you! 

I just got a new police certificate. I didn't realize I should upload it to CEAC. I thought I could just bring it to the interview. Can anyone shed any light on this?? Is it okay to just bring the new police certificate to the interview without uploading it online? 

Edited by Prairiegirl3

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
51 minutes ago, Prairiegirl3 said:

I just got a new police certificate. I didn't realize I should upload it to CEAC. I thought I could just bring it to the interview. Can anyone shed any light on this?? Is it okay to just bring the new police certificate to the interview without uploading it online? 

Definitely bring any document updates to the interview! Uploading doesn't hurt, but they'll want to see new things in person. 

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.