Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, MrsDex said:

Jan 12th heading to Montreal from Ottawa to do my medical at Medisys. Since the Ontario lock down began Dec 26th has anyone experienced issues crossing the ON/QC border? I've heard heresay of being stopped and potentially fined? Thanks everyone!

No issue driving from Ontario to Quebec on the 401. (Drove to Montreal on Jan. 5th and drove home on Jan 6th). 

Montreal is eerily quiet during the lockdown. 

3 hours ago, MrsDex said:

Jan 12th heading to Montreal from Ottawa to do my medical at Medisys. Since the Ontario lock down began Dec 26th has anyone experienced issues crossing the ON/QC border? I've heard heresay of being stopped and potentially fined? Thanks everyone!

My wife took the train just a couple days ago from Toronto to Montreal and had zero issues. No questions or anything.

Long time lurker, first time poster. 

Currently in process of a IR1 and IR2 visa.

My daughter is only 6, when we travel we only land travel with her birth certificate.   Is it required to have a passport before the appointment?  We were DQ back in August and I never submitted it to NVC, but now I'm questioning whether to get one and be prepared for the interview stage.   Anyone have any experience with this? 

Timeline

Can anyone share their experience with POE recently at Toronto Pearson Airport? I know that some people have notified the POE beforehand to inform that they were going to be crossing with their visa but wondering if anyone has done this for the airport? Also if there are any helpful tips I would greatly appreciate it. Travelling with a baby and would like to be as prepared and organized as possible.

Timeline
6 hours ago, jackanddeona said:

Less interviews is still better than none. Given how most of us feel about this process I dont see many people rescheduling after waiting 2+ years. The reality is with the new restrictions youre even less likely to be exposed.

We are scheduled for Jan. 29 and not cancelling, hoping we won’t be forced to.🤞🤞

We are preparing for our interview on Jan 27 and I wanted some guidance on screenshot from the checklist they provide. We have a joint sponsor and we originally submitted to NVC his I-864 that was accepted. This is the first time we have seen that it says we also need to bring an I-864A for the joint sponsor's spouse as they file taxes jointly. Do we need to bring that additional form as we have never been asked to provide that before?

Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 7.48.03 PM.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, LisaD1234 said:

Long time lurker, first time poster. 

Currently in process of a IR1 and IR2 visa.

My daughter is only 6, when we travel we only land travel with her birth certificate.   Is it required to have a passport before the appointment?  We were DQ back in August and I never submitted it to NVC, but now I'm questioning whether to get one and be prepared for the interview stage.   Anyone have any experience with this? 

Her issued visa has to go in a passport...

I’m just shocked your daughters application has gotten this far without one. 

Timeline
9 hours ago, Rvernon said:

We are preparing for our interview on Jan 27 and I wanted some guidance on screenshot from the checklist they provide. We have a joint sponsor and we originally submitted to NVC his I-864 that was accepted. This is the first time we have seen that it says we also need to bring an I-864A for the joint sponsor's spouse as they file taxes jointly. Do we need to bring that additional form as we have never been asked to provide that before?

Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 7.48.03 PM.png

we were under the impression that you had to just show a w2 to confirm their income. We have a joint sponsor (864a) but only used my mother in law, and not my father in law as the income was sufficient. I am also trying to drop my joint sponsor and only use my wife, but we're waiting on an interview.  So I guess we won't know until I bring her new 864 and try at that point...

Timeline

I apologize if this has already been answered (possibly multiple times) but I just want to make absolutely sure I'm understanding this document requirement. As a side note, it's amazing how they manage to make even a list of documents somewhat confusing.

My husband's interview is on Wednesday next week. We're flying from YVR-YUL for his interview. I was just rereading the document requirements and this (underlined text) suddenly jumped out at me:

• Your original birth certificate and that of your petitioner if applicable, English translation, and a photocopy.

I'm not sure how I missed it the first 10+ times looking through this list, but is the petitioner original birth certificate "if applicable" asked for in order to prove that the petitioner is a US citizen? It seems like the "if applicable" means it's not always required and so is likely related to the requirement listed lower down to prove petitioner legal status:

• If you previously submitted to NVC an I-864 affidavit of support (AOS):  Bring proof of your petitioner’s legal status in the United States (photocopy of a U.S. passport, birth certificate, naturalization certificate, or legal permanent resident card) and their federal U.S. tax return (Form 1040) from the previous year.

And the Help Document (which is fantastic - thank you to all involved!) says: Petitioner birth certificate (if born in US) or proof of status

So I believe my husband can bring my passport & 2 photocopies instead of my original birth certificate, though I'll still give him copies of the birth certificate. Has anyone else managed the interview without the petitioner's original birth certificate?

Thank you all very much and good luck to everyone with upcoming interviews!

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Kipalope said:

I apologize if this has already been answered (possibly multiple times) but I just want to make absolutely sure I'm understanding this document requirement. As a side note, it's amazing how they manage to make even a list of documents somewhat confusing.

My husband's interview is on Wednesday next week. We're flying from YVR-YUL for his interview. I was just rereading the document requirements and this (underlined text) suddenly jumped out at me:

• Your original birth certificate and that of your petitioner if applicable, English translation, and a photocopy.

I'm not sure how I missed it the first 10+ times looking through this list, but is the petitioner original birth certificate "if applicable" asked for in order to prove that the petitioner is a US citizen? It seems like the "if applicable" means it's not always required and so is likely related to the requirement listed lower down to prove petitioner legal status:

• If you previously submitted to NVC an I-864 affidavit of support (AOS😞  Bring proof of your petitioner’s legal status in the United States (photocopy of a U.S. passport, birth certificate, naturalization certificate, or legal permanent resident card) and their federal U.S. tax return (Form 1040) from the previous year.

And the Help Document (which is fantastic - thank you to all involved!) says: Petitioner birth certificate (if born in US) or proof of status

So I believe my husband can bring my passport & 2 photocopies instead of my original birth certificate, though I'll still give him copies of the birth certificate. Has anyone else managed the interview without the petitioner's original birth certificate?

Thank you all very much and good luck to everyone with upcoming interviews!

At the interview, I was never asked to provide the birth certificate of my spouse (original or copy) but it was uploaded to the NVC when we originally submitted our documents along with her passport.

You should be fine with the documents you suggested as you'd always rather have additional documents as opposed to a lack of documents. That said, originals of everything is always best if you want to reduce any sort of potential delays. 

Timeline

Hello! I wish I could share a positive update, but my husband is still in the "Refused" status on CEAC. His medical has been long received by the Consulate, but seems he might be undergoing further checks/reviews by the CO. He never received a 221g stating administrative processing and they still have his passport. All we can do is wait and see what happens. Pray for us and hoping we can see his visa be "Issued" soon. 🙏 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.