Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, CGs_Mother said:

My son is now 14 so he'll count as an adult. That's in USD or CAD? 

15 and over is adult. Dr. Mascarenhas’ s website  explains everything.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, SASAS said:

15 and over is adult. Dr. Mascarenhas’ s website  explains everything.

Thank you. I'll Google that. We were DQ'd in September, so I'm guessing our interviews will be after May, which will mean my son will indeed be an "adult"...And I am really glad it's in CAD! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
1 hour ago, ughazi93 said:

Hi everyone, this is my first post but this topic has helped me a lot so I thought I’d post our experience. My wife had her interview yesterday was thankfully approved! We received the tracking number today. I posted a review of it but thought I’d post it here too:

My wife’s appointment was at 10:15am. She got there a little early and was told to come back as they were backed up (about 45 mins behind). She was let into the building around 11am where she waited in the lobby. Only 3 people were allowed in the lobby at a time. She was in the lobby for about 10-15 minutes before she was allowed to go through security. After going through security, she took the elevator to the first floor and was told to take a seat until one of the windows were clear. After 5 minutes, a security officer directed her to an empty window (it was either window #6 or #7). When she was called up, she gave her passport. She was asked to provide the following:

- Confirm Canadian and US address (I moved recently so she provided my updated address)
- Confirm Canadian and US phone numbers (you won’t have your phone so make sure you have this memorized!)
- Original Marriage certificate
- Original Birth certificate
- Police check (she had an updated one as the original one we submitted was over a year old. She only took the new one)
- Updated financial information (my wife gave my tax transcript from 2019 as well as an updated I-864 Affidavit of Support)
- Confirm lawyer’s name
- Fingerprints from both hands

Nothing was mentioned about her medical. (I know some people completed their medical in time but were told the consulate had not received it yet). She was given a pamphlet on domestic violence and then told to take a seat. After about an hour she was called up for her interview. The woman she interviewed with was very nice and conversational. My wife was then asked to give her oath and then provide fingerprints again as a digital signature. The interviewer asked the following questions:

- When did you get married?
- When did you meet your husband?
- How did you meet your husband?
- What does your husband do?
- What do you do for work?
- What do plan to do in the US?
- Have you been out of the country in the past?
- Have you read through the pamphlet? Do you understand it?

After these questions, she gave back the marriage certificate and birth certificate. She then told my wife she has been approved and handed her a white Welcome to the United States paper! The interviewer apologized a lot for the delay and that the system was running slowly. The interview portion lasted about 15 minutes, the majority of which was the woman entering things into the computer. The entire process took about 90 minutes and everyone was very nice. 

Her advice is the interview process is very easy so just try and stay calm even though all the waiting can cause your nerves to build up. As long as you’ve prepared all the necessary documents, you should have no issues.

Very fortunate because not all countries are this way. Congratulations. 

Timeline
14 hours ago, Hawk Riders said:

...been slacking and not thoroughly tracking (something to do with the holidays and starting not 1 but 2 new jobs)...

Requesting passport return data updates or reminders from the following users (which may have been mentioned in the thread but overlooked):

@shammykay

@Kingsrish

@Alison + Rohan

@han21

@JJ610

@jelky

@Rocio Torres

@ameena1423

@Lovepeace0303

@Atyree9

@Michelle_VM

passport returned 12/14. SSN and Green card already rec’d in US after crossing 12/19. See my timeline for info. 

Timeline
29 minutes ago, HRubin said:

I just got this as well! My husband has his interview next Wednesday and I've been so on edge worrying about them closing! This is such a relief. Fingers crossed it stays this way!

Amazing news!

6 hours ago, Alison + Rohan said:

@Hawk Riders

We have not received our passport back, that's why I haven't updated. My husband had his interview on December 11 but they said they didn't receive his medical yet (even though it was sent via email before the interview). Our status updated to "issued" on December 31 and then they emailed my husband on January 5 saying that they are switching us from CR-1 to IR-1. We are still waiting and tomorrow it will be a month since his interview, even though they've had everything they needed when he went in. This process is the worst.

Where did he get his medical done?

Timeline
13 minutes ago, acmanu said:

I had the same thought. Maybe this will skip Feb or schedule in later half of Feb or schedule way less interviews. So many possibilities lets see if there are any IL's next week.  

Less interviews is still better than none. Given how most of us feel about this process I dont see many people rescheduling after waiting 2+ years. The reality is with the new restrictions youre even less likely to be exposed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.