Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, Hoffmaya said:

The main announcement was the curfew for 4 weeks from 8pm to 5am. There doesn't seem to be a "new" lockdown with new restrictions.

The current lockdown that was supposed to end on Jan-11 is extended for another 4 weeks, so it most likely will not affect the US Consulate since they were already opened during the current lockdown. To be continued. 

Legault said "non-essential businesses will continue to be closed" which did not apply to US Consulate as they remained opened recently unlike other businesses.  

The difference now is the way it's been worded. Curfews have been added and every offices must be closed and work from home. Prior, they were no curfews and working from home was mandatory for all offices from December 17th through January 10th those that were open like the consulate was at the discretion of the office if they deemed it necessary whether the office is private or public sector. The differences between both. Sorry, i couldn't find it in English.

Screenshot_20210106-220857_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210106-221111_Facebook.jpg

Timeline
5 hours ago, Specter said:

Did Anyone recently had their medical examination performed with Dr Lyndon Mascarenhas (Toronto)? How was your experience?

My husband did his medical with Dr Mascarenhas in November. He was able to get an appt right away. Doctor was nice, whole thing took 2 hours, medical was sent to the consulate in 5 business days. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

...been slacking and not thoroughly tracking (something to do with the holidays and starting not 1 but 2 new jobs)...

Requesting passport return data updates or reminders from the following users (which may have been mentioned in the thread but overlooked):

@shammykay

@Kingsrish

@Alison + Rohan

@han21

@JJ610

@jelky

@Rocio Torres

@ameena1423

@Lovepeace0303

@Atyree9

@Michelle_VM

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline
Just now, Hawk Riders said:

...been slacking and not thoroughly tracking (something to do with the holidays and starting not 1 but 2 new jobs)...

Requesting passport return data updates or reminders from the following users (which may have been mentioned in the thread but overlooked):

@shammykay

@Kingsrish

@Alison + Rohan

@han21

@JJ610

@jelky

@Rocio Torres

@ameena1423

@Lovepeace0303

@Atyree9

@Michelle_VM

I think we got ours on the 19th or 20th. I honestly can’t remember the exact day.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Hoffmaya said:

Thanks for sharing. The EN version regarding office's restriction is available here.

See below today lockdown's restriction for office spaces.

Office space

In all regions, teleworking is mandatory for people working in offices from December 17, 2020 up to and including February 8, 2021, except for workers whose public- or private-sector employers deem their presence necessary to pursue the organization’s activities.

During the previous lockdown (Dec-17 to Jan-11), it stated that non-essential businesses are closed and all office workers in the private and public sectors are required to work from home, however the US Consulate remained operational. I believe today's new/extended lockdown is not different. We shall see in the coming days if the Consulate pauses their operations despite today's announcement. 

Well thats encouraging 

@Hawk Riders

We have not received our passport back, that's why I haven't updated. My husband had his interview on December 11 but they said they didn't receive his medical yet (even though it was sent via email before the interview). Our status updated to "issued" on December 31 and then they emailed my husband on January 5 saying that they are switching us from CR-1 to IR-1. We are still waiting and tomorrow it will be a month since his interview, even though they've had everything they needed when he went in. This process is the worst.

Timeline
17 hours ago, BunyanP said:

Congrats! can i ask the reason for the updated I864? expired, info changed?

trying to avoid having my wife and sponsor re-sign the documents. They have an expiry of 10/31/2021.

thanks!

The date on the 864 is irrelevant. There was a discussion about this here around dec 1st.

Timeline
10 hours ago, SASAS said:

My husband did his medical with Dr Mascarenhas in November. He was able to get an appt right away. Doctor was nice, whole thing took 2 hours, medical was sent to the consulate in 5 business days. 

What's the current fee for the medical in Toronto? I am going to have to get one for me and one for my son. I figure I should start saving now ... :( 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, CGs_Mother said:

What's the current fee for the medical in Toronto? I am going to have to get one for me and one for my son. I figure I should start saving now ... :( 

350 for adults. Not sure how much it costs for children 

Edited by SASAS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.