Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

1 hour ago, April M said:

We went to the office and gave the info and now have to wait 4 to 6 weeks for the social security number in the mail. We called the USCIS office and asked about the green card and they told us that we need to wait until the green card comes in even though his passport was stamped before he can get a job. What to do while waiting well... He's trying to get back on mated to the area, see if he can make some friends, and we have some other applications that need to take care of. Yes, it is hard to wait. We have waited long already but we want to do what is right. We don't wont to mess up all that we have done already. 

Straight from the USCIS I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification form.  Note #3.

Misinformation is rampant.  The process takes too long for people to be told they can't work when they can.  

image.png

Edited by mam521
Edit to remove attachment that decided x3 was a great idea!

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 minutes ago, AMSAL said:

Hello Everyone! I had my interview this morning @ 9am and thank god I was approved! Thank you everyone for all your support, even though I didn't speak much I was always reading!

Here is my review:

I stayed at the Le Centre Sheraton Montreal Hotel, it was less than a 5 minute walk to the consulate so I highly recommend it!  I arrived at 8:50 outside the consulate, however I was told to wait outside, at 8:59 the security called out that anyone who has an appointment at 9am can come inside, so I did. It was airport style security, they took my cell phone and placed it in a locker and provided me with a key. They direct you to go upstairs and drop your passport off at window #6 (someone may already be at the window, you're then directed to sit down, wait for that person to leave and then give them your passport once the window is empty). After handing in your passport, you're then expected to sit and wait for your name to be called. Once your name is called you're asked for necessary documents. They asked me for my original birth certificate, marriage certificate, police certificate (which was the new one with 'other', it was accepted) and they scanned my fingerprints. I had uploaded all my financial documents, an address change and updated I-864 prior to the interview, so they did not ask for any of those documents. You are then given the domestic violence pamphlet and directed to sit and wait for your name to be called again. Once called again, I was directed to another window. There I took my oath, and scanned my fingerprints again. The lady asked me how long I have been married for, how long I've known my husband, how we met, tell me about your relationship and what my longest trip to the US was. She also asked me what the pamphlet was about. She stated that everything checked out and I had all the necessary documents. She then returned my original marriage and birth certificate and told me I was approved!! She also gave me a welcome to USA letter. By the time I finished and picked up my phone on the way out it was 11:20.

Thank you again everyone, I hope they continue processing quickly so we can all be reunited with our significant others faster! :)

Congrats! can i ask the reason for the updated I864? expired, info changed?

trying to avoid having my wife and sponsor re-sign the documents. They have an expiry of 10/31/2021.

thanks!

Timeline
12 minutes ago, BunyanP said:

Congrats! can i ask the reason for the updated I864? expired, info changed?

trying to avoid having my wife and sponsor re-sign the documents. They have an expiry of 10/31/2021.

thanks!

Thank you! Initially when we applied we needed a joint sponsor, however my husband made enough last year so we removed the joint sponsor on the updated I-864 and uploaded updated tax transcripts + W2s 

Timeline

We are trying to update our i-864 form with 2019 tax info and my husbands new address.... originally we went through Rapid Visa (we thought it was worth it at the time for peace of mind but I would not recommend them at all) and had to fill out a questionnaire with them which they converted into the i-864 document for us.... its proving difficult to have them update the form. My husband tried to fill in the pdf himself and print it, but PDFs are tricky sometimes, its not letting him enter numbers in certain boxes, printing incorrectly, etc... 

I'm wondering if anyone else has had difficulty with updating their form and what they did about it? Will the consulate accept the new form if we just print it and manually fill it in with black ink? 

Any suggestions/advice is much appreciated. Thank you! 

Timeline
35 minutes ago, AMSAL said:

Thank you! Initially when we applied we needed a joint sponsor, however my husband made enough last year so we removed the joint sponsor on the updated I-864 and uploaded updated tax transcripts + W2s 

that's great!

So I was hoping to do the same. wondering if anyone knows whether this is feasible, or if i need to verify with the consulate...

My wife had accepted a job offer and moved back to the  U.S. when we sent our info to NVC. Knowing this would not be enough, we asked our MIL to sponsor us. Now that she has been working there for 6 months, I'm not sure if that would be acceptable to use  without a sponsor and would the consulate accept this?

her previous income was in the same field (teaching) but in Canada, however, she does not have her W2 or recent taxes for 2020 yet. Going off of NVC, it looks like I could print her 6 months of paystubs and use that.. 

Any input, or where i could possible get answer would be appreciated. 

Thanks!

Timeline
10 minutes ago, acmanu said:

Seems like Quebec just extended the existing lockdown with night curfew. Lets see if consulate makes any announcement!

They said businesses will close so its really unclear at this point if thats the consulate. Probably know in next 2 days if they are closing.

Timeline
23 minutes ago, jackanddeona said:

They said businesses will close so its really unclear at this point if thats the consulate. Probably know in next 2 days if they are closing.

The main announcement was the curfew for 4 weeks from 8pm to 5am. There doesn't seem to be a "new" lockdown with new restrictions.

The current lockdown that was supposed to end on Jan-11 is extended for another 4 weeks, so it most likely will not affect the US Consulate since they were already opened during the current lockdown. To be continued. 

Legault said "non-essential businesses will continue to be closed" which did not apply to US Consulate as they remained opened recently unlike other businesses.  

Edited by Hoffmaya
added comments

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Hoffmaya said:

The main announcement was the curfew for 4 weeks from 8pm to 5am. There doesn't seem to be a "new" lockdown with new restrictions.

The current lockdown that was supposed to end on Jan-11 is extended for another 4 weeks, so it most likely will not affect the US Consulate since they were already opened during the current lockdown. To be continued. 

Legault said "non-essential businesses will continue to be closed" which did not apply to US Consulate as they remained opened recently unlike other businesses.  

Before office staff had to work from home unless needed to deal with customers and now they said all office staff work from home. /shrug it is so hard to know at this point if this lockdown would affect consulate or not. With them opening schools on Monday im starting to lean towards no since it seems like they are trying to stop people from shopping or gathering more than something like the consulate but at the same time maybe it will include them. Like I said if they are closing and cancelling interviews we should probably know by Friday. I hope not.

Timeline
1 minute ago, jackanddeona said:

Before office staff had to work from home unless needed to deal with customers and now they said all office staff work from home. /shrug it is so hard to know at this point if this lockdown would affect consulate or not. With them opening schools on Monday im starting to lean towards no since it seems like they are trying to stop people from shopping or gathering more than something like the consulate but at the same time maybe it will include them. Like I said if they are closing and cancelling interviews we should probably know by Friday. I hope not.

Agreed. I just hope that the US Consulate will keep us posted ahead of time, especially for those having interviews scheduled next week. 

In the past, they've canceled interviews with very little notice (e.g. one day prior the interview date).  

Timeline
On 1/5/2021 at 4:46 PM, Lois K said:

I meant greater mainland area, sorry. So it would be Dr Cheema in Surrey. That's the only option there.
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/MTL-Montreal.html#med_exam_instructions

Thank you, that helps :)

Timeline
On 12/31/2020 at 12:10 PM, DGF said:

My husband got a new job title and promotion so we brought an updated i864 to the interview. I'd also let them know about the address change, which you can do at the interview but it wouldn't hurt to email them ahead of time too, because I think (but am not sure) that some mail including green cards do not get forwarded even when mail forwarding is in place. 

None of that should cause any additional processing time. Good luck!

Thanks @DGF!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.