Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Abhikochar said:

Fingers crossed for that :) and good luck to everyone who gets the letter. 

Haha I read in a rush reading we will find out about IL. Funny..... Definitely don't have fingers crossed for then shutting down again lol. I think they might have been miserable coming out of lockdown and doing so many interviews which the consulate wouldn't want to repeat. So let's hope they don't shut down. But yes to that, we will find out very soon if they were to. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, HRubin said:

Those that are waiting for passport to be returned- has there really been no action for anyone since the Dec. 9 interviews? My husbands interview is next Wednesday and we are trying to plan how long he will be waiting in Montreal after the interview for his passport. I’m hoping this isn’t true but not surprised if it is.

As noted, very dependent on other factors. My hubby had his medical in BC, interview in Montreal on Dec 14, passport back in hand Dec 22. 

USCIS

Dec 29 2018 ------ Married

Jan 23 2019 ------ I-130 submitted

Feb 01 2019 ------ NOA1

Dec 30 2019 ------ NOA2

NVC

Feb 11 2020 ------ Welcome letter email received

Feb 12 2020 ------ Case Creation date

Feb 12 2020 ------ IV and AOS bills visible. Paid same day.

Feb 15 2020 ------ AOS and IV bills showing paid, AOS and DS-260 accessible

Feb 18 2020 ------ DS-260 (plus documents) and AOS documents submitted

Feb 19 2020 ------ DQ email received

COVID happened

Nov 16 2020 ------ Interview email received

Consulate

Dec 02 2020 ------ Medical with Dr. Cheema

Dec 14 2020 ------ Interview at Montreal consulate

Dec 22 2020 ------ Passport returned with visa

Permanent Resident

Dec 28 2020 ------ Immigration fee (green card processing fee) paid

Jan 01 2021 ------ POE Peace Arch, with 20' U-Haul

Jan 11 2021 ------ Social Security card received

Mar 26 2021 ------ Green Card received, IR-1

Citizenship

Dec 27 2023 ------ N400 submitted 

Jan 17 2024 ------ Biometrics Appt (Portland, OR), cancelled due to ice storm

Feb 20 2024 ------ Biometrics Appt (Portland, OR)

Apr 1 2024 ------ Citizenship exam & oath ceremony!

Timeline
1 hour ago, baba90 said:

Hey everyone, I've been reading here on VJ about questions they ask at the interview in Montreal. Question regarding: "have you ever been refused entry at the boarder?"

In march 2020 I tried to cross the land boarder. I didn't know at the time it was closed because of Covid,  and I was turned around. They never looked at my passport or any documents and I never entered the USA. I'm sure they have my car plates documented. Would  I have to disclose this if they asked me at the interview? 

I would just be honest, but I doubt that it was noted as a denial at the border.

During my interview I was asked and I was honest and told them that in May 2020 I attempted to cross however was denied because I was deemed non-essential and a visitor. The Consulate Officer said that it was a “COVID attempt” and that they did not even document it and do not count those.

3 minutes ago, ameena1423 said:

I would just be honest, but I doubt that it was noted as a denial at the border.

During my interview I was asked and I was honest and told them that in May 2020 I attempted to cross however was denied because I was deemed non-essential and a visitor. The Consulate Officer said that it was a “COVID attempt” and that they did not even document it and do not count those.

Thanks for letting me know of your experience! Glad to know they don't count them as denials. Hoping for a smooth immigration interview 

3 hours ago, HRubin said:

Those that are waiting for passport to be returned- has there really been no action for anyone since the Dec. 9 interviews? My husbands interview is next Wednesday and we are trying to plan how long he will be waiting in Montreal after the interview for his passport. I’m hoping this isn’t true but not surprised if it is.

I had my interview on Dec 9th and I am still waiting for my passport.  I just don't understand what they are waiting for. I have confirmation, from them, that they have seen my medical and background check. Issue it already!😭

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
5 minutes ago, jjiplaya said:

I had my interview on Dec 9th and I am still waiting for my passport.  I just don't understand what they are waiting for. I have confirmation, from them, that they have seen my medical and background check. Issue it already!😭

It takes a long time. Be patient, it will happen.

2 minutes ago, April M said:

It takes a long time. Be patient, it will happen.

If this was say, 300 days ago I'd have to agree with you. This is day 903 since application was accepted~356 days since being DQ'd. This was an open-close case. I have been married for 13.5 yrs already. This is a little more than "it takes time".  These services are the rights of American citizens. There are rules and regulations for a reason and those rules have to be adhered to, even by the employees of the Consulate who's job it is to render a decision in a timely manner. I have followed those rules and was deemed worthy of a Green Card. Now, if there was an acceptable reason for this delay, I should be made aware of it so I can rectify it.  When people that have interviewed after me are getting their passports back, I can't help but question what the heck is going on at that Consulate.  Are we now back logged in the "issued" department"????? I mean for God sake, enough already.

@April MI appreciate your response and understand where your coming from but not every situation deserves the same ol' Be PaTieNT iT tAkeS TiMe...

27 minutes ago, jjiplaya said:

If this was say, 300 days ago I'd have to agree with you. This is day 903 since application was accepted~356 days since being DQ'd. This was an open-close case. I have been married for 13.5 yrs already. This is a little more than "it takes time".  These services are the rights of American citizens. There are rules and regulations for a reason and those rules have to be adhered to, even by the employees of the Consulate who's job it is to render a decision in a timely manner. I have followed those rules and was deemed worthy of a Green Card. Now, if there was an acceptable reason for this delay, I should be made aware of it so I can rectify it.  When people that have interviewed after me are getting their passports back, I can't help but question what the heck is going on at that Consulate.  Are we now back logged in the "issued" department"????? I mean for God sake, enough already.

@April MI appreciate your response and understand where your coming from but not every situation deserves the same ol' Be PaTieNT iT tAkeS TiMe...

I just read my comment and it sounds a bit snippy, which is always a risk when writing. Please know that my intentions were nothing of the sort. I am just in aww. I really thought our wait was over...

Timeline
1 hour ago, jjiplaya said:

I am in the exact same boat. It’s SO frustrating that we are still going through this. The Consulate confirmed receipt of my husband’s medical too but we have seen no movement on his case being updated. It’s really starting to stress me out. 

Timeline

Re: Lockdown in Quebec...  This article suggests its just for non essential manufacturing & construction sectors.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/covid-19-quebec-jan-5-1.5861510

... Just sitting here in my MTL hotel room trying to stay positive since my interview is on Monday & I live in SK :(

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Re: Lockdown in Quebec...  This article suggests its just for non essential manufacturing & construction sectors.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/covid-19-quebec-jan-5-1.5861510

... Just sitting here in my MTL hotel room trying to stay positive since my interview is on Monday & I live in SK :(

We were just talking about how last time they cancelled interviews they gave a day's notice and how much that  must have sucked for the people that had already booked flights/arrived in Montreal from all over the country ready for their interview. I'm hoping we have more information tomorrow about what exactly the lockdown is. Being kept in limbo is the worst feeling and it seems like until you're a citizen, it doesn't stop. We all know the media likes to report the worst of stuff for click bait. Seriously hope you get to have your interview. 

Timeline
On 1/4/2021 at 4:09 PM, wordsfromdani said:

I also entered via land border and there was no update to my I-94.  I believe this is typical though, when you activate an immigrant visa you are no longer given I-94 records because those are "travel" records, and you are no longer a traveler but a resident.  Not sure what you tell you on how to meet the requirements for Mass RMV, I'm hoping my SSN comes in before I need to go in for mine in Texas. 

The day after I wrote this the real green card came in the mail. We have SSN and green card but proving MA residency (basically bills, bank accounts) is virtually impossible without waiting another 45 days for a bank statement to come. We are writing a $1 per year house lease between spouses to satisfy residency requirements. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Nikasalts said:

Do you mind sharing where he had his medical? I'm in Vancouver

I meant greater mainland area, sorry. So it would be Dr Cheema in Surrey. That's the only option there.
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/MTL-Montreal.html#med_exam_instructions

USCIS

Dec 29 2018 ------ Married

Jan 23 2019 ------ I-130 submitted

Feb 01 2019 ------ NOA1

Dec 30 2019 ------ NOA2

NVC

Feb 11 2020 ------ Welcome letter email received

Feb 12 2020 ------ Case Creation date

Feb 12 2020 ------ IV and AOS bills visible. Paid same day.

Feb 15 2020 ------ AOS and IV bills showing paid, AOS and DS-260 accessible

Feb 18 2020 ------ DS-260 (plus documents) and AOS documents submitted

Feb 19 2020 ------ DQ email received

COVID happened

Nov 16 2020 ------ Interview email received

Consulate

Dec 02 2020 ------ Medical with Dr. Cheema

Dec 14 2020 ------ Interview at Montreal consulate

Dec 22 2020 ------ Passport returned with visa

Permanent Resident

Dec 28 2020 ------ Immigration fee (green card processing fee) paid

Jan 01 2021 ------ POE Peace Arch, with 20' U-Haul

Jan 11 2021 ------ Social Security card received

Mar 26 2021 ------ Green Card received, IR-1

Citizenship

Dec 27 2023 ------ N400 submitted 

Jan 17 2024 ------ Biometrics Appt (Portland, OR), cancelled due to ice storm

Feb 20 2024 ------ Biometrics Appt (Portland, OR)

Apr 1 2024 ------ Citizenship exam & oath ceremony!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.