Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
15 minutes ago, darth vader said:

Are you non-Canadian born citizen or Canadian PR? What was the reason for 221g?

Husband is a Canadian PR and the 221g was given due to the medical results not being received by the Consulate at time of interview (at no fault of ours). This issue has been happening to many folks...still waiting for his visa to be issued.

1 hour ago, wordsfromdani said:

Completed POE at the Ambassador Bridge today.  I was driving across with my three dogs in a borrowed vehicle (my Canadian parents) and a rented Uhaul Trailer full of my personal and household belongings and my husbands motorcycle (still registered in Texas just never made it back from a visit to Canada).  I pulled up in the car lane (there was no bus/RV/trailer lane open) and handed over my passport turned to my visa and informed the officer I was entering to activate my visa. He asked to the liscence plate number of the truck (he couldn’t see it because of the trailer) and the UHaul rental agreement.  He also asked if I had an immigrant packet to which I responded that it was electronic.  He then asked me to open up the uhaul and he had a quick look inside.  He asked how much cash I was carrying, who sponsored me and when I did for work. He then asked me to pull into secondary.  It was a tight fit with the trailer so he moved the barricades for me - it was much appreciated.    In secondary I was asked the same things again, I opened up the trailer again for a different officer and was asked a few simple questions about what contents I had (they didn’t want to see the list I had prepared). I was asked another two times if I had a packet, to which I responded each time that it was electronic. They told me to wait in the car, I’m not sure if that was a covid protocol or because I was alone with three dogs - regardless I really appreciated it.  It took about 45 minutes for them to come back with my stamped passport. They explained it was good for a year and that if I didn’t get my physical green card within a year to call USCIS.  They then moved some barricades and helped me get the trailer turned around and on my way. 

I’m not well on my way to my final destination of Houston, TX. This journey is over after nearly 26 months. 

longest 45 minutes ever I bet! Congrats!

Timeline

I am reposting this in hopes someone may be able to reply...My husband’s interview is Jan. 29 but his police background check expires a week later on Feb. 7. It just seems that’s cutting it close. Has anyone had this situation? Not sure if we should get another, if there’s time.

Timeline
1 hour ago, mizzem said:

I am reposting this in hopes someone may be able to reply...My husband’s interview is Jan. 29 but his police background check expires a week later on Feb. 7. It just seems that’s cutting it close. Has anyone had this situation? Not sure if we should get another, if there’s time.

At commissionnaires, you get your background check within max 2 weeks. And if mine was that close to expire, I would get a new one for sure. Better safe than sorry.

Timeline
2 hours ago, wordsfromdani said:

Completed POE at the Ambassador Bridge today.  I was driving across with my three dogs in a borrowed vehicle (my Canadian parents) and a rented Uhaul Trailer full of my personal and household belongings and my husbands motorcycle (still registered in Texas just never made it back from a visit to Canada).  I pulled up in the car lane (there was no bus/RV/trailer lane open) and handed over my passport turned to my visa and informed the officer I was entering to activate my visa. He asked to the liscence plate number of the truck (he couldn’t see it because of the trailer) and the UHaul rental agreement.  He also asked if I had an immigrant packet to which I responded that it was electronic.  He then asked me to open up the uhaul and he had a quick look inside.  He asked how much cash I was carrying, who sponsored me and when I did for work. He then asked me to pull into secondary.  It was a tight fit with the trailer so he moved the barricades for me - it was much appreciated.    In secondary I was asked the same things again, I opened up the trailer again for a different officer and was asked a few simple questions about what contents I had (they didn’t want to see the list I had prepared). I was asked another two times if I had a packet, to which I responded each time that it was electronic. They told me to wait in the car, I’m not sure if that was a covid protocol or because I was alone with three dogs - regardless I really appreciated it.  It took about 45 minutes for them to come back with my stamped passport. They explained it was good for a year and that if I didn’t get my physical green card within a year to call USCIS.  They then moved some barricades and helped me get the trailer turned around and on my way. 

I’m not well on my way to my final destination of Houston, TX. This journey is over after nearly 26 months. 

Congrats dani! That's awesome what a great end of the year for you two.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Lovepeace0303 said:

Husband is a Canadian PR and the 221g was given due to the medical results not being received by the Consulate at time of interview (at no fault of ours). This issue has been happening to many folks...still waiting for his visa to be issued.

I would still hold onto the hope that it’s likely due to the stat holidays that there’s been a longer delay. When I received my 221g they gave me back my passport - that’s a big red flag you're in for a longer AP process. Plus, they asked for more documentation that’s usually for extra vetting which indicates a more lengthy AP.

If they kept your passport, I think it’s still a positive sign. Crossing my fingers and toes for you!!

11 minutes ago, BeeSee said:

I would still hold onto the hope that it’s likely due to the stat holidays that there’s been a longer delay. When I received my 221g they gave me back my passport - that’s a big red flag you're in for a longer AP process. Plus, they asked for more documentation that’s usually for extra vetting which indicates a more lengthy AP.

If they kept your passport, I think it’s still a positive sign. Crossing my fingers and toes for you!!

What waws your 221g for? What was the outcome and how long did it take?

Edited by darth vader

11 minutes ago, BeeSee said:

Are you non-white? I've never seen a white Canadian born citizen get an AP for TAL before.

Edited by darth vader

Timeline
10 minutes ago, darth vader said:

What waws your 221g for? What was the outcome and how long did it take?

I was never clearly told what the 221g was for. I was asked to complete a DS 5535 and provide a CV. I do not fall into any of the TAL occupations.

My AP was 2 months and we were just issued the visa last week. And no, I am not white but I am a Canadian born citizen. 

1 minute ago, BeeSee said:

I was never clearly told what the 221g was for. I was asked to complete a DS 5535 and provide a CV. I do not fall into any of the TAL occupations.

My AP was 2 months and we were just issued the visa last week. And no, I am not white but I am a Canadian born citizen. 

Sorry for asking this but are you muslim or have a muslim name/parents? Thank god your AP is over, congrats!

Edited by darth vader

Timeline
1 minute ago, darth vader said:

Sorry for asking this but are you muslim or have a muslim name/parents? Thank god your AP is over, congrats!

Nope.

From all my research on the various forums, I understand why you ask. My heart breaks for all the people who have been on AP for months to years.

Thanks! Hope everything works out for you too!

15 hours ago, Lovepeace0303 said:

Does anyone know how LONG the Consulate can actually hold on to your passport for post-interview or is there no such rule and they can keep it for as long as they like? Also, do they have to provide the beneficiary with a written notice (or clearly state in the 221g) if they are putting the applicant in to the lengthy administrative processing? 

Have you heard anything yet @Lovepeace0303

My status has not changed yet. I was hoping today was the day, tomorrow marks 3 weeks since my interview.

Timeline
1 hour ago, jjiplaya said:

Have you heard anything yet @Lovepeace0303

My status has not changed yet. I was hoping today was the day, tomorrow marks 3 weeks since my interview.

Nothing yet on our end either. Husband’s status changed on ceac many times before it landed back to refused last week. Lol

What is your current status? Did you have a medical delay as well? Who knows what they’re doing. Slowest. Consulate. Ever. 

Timeline

Has anyone still waiting on their visa/passports receive an email like this from the Consulate? This is the response I received when asking for an update on my husband’s case. Again, don’t know if this is the LONG AP or just their general AP. They never asked husband for any additional documents/information. It’s been 2 weeks now since his interview. 

9D155019-DB5C-41A7-8A83-D5F246D1F12B.jpeg

Edited by Lovepeace0303
Typo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.