Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My case is getting touched in CEAC, but there has been no update yet. I emailed the Consulate and they responded TODAY stating that my medical still wasn't received but it was sent on Dec 6th. I don't really know what else to do. Has anyone experienced this long of a delay from medical results sent to Consulate received? It's been almost 2 weeks for us. I'm thinking of getting a print out now confirming case was submitted from Dr. Zatzman to email to the Consulate. I don't know what else to do. Anyone have any advice on how to best tackle this? My patience is running very low now!

34 minutes ago, Lovepeace0303 said:

My case is getting touched in CEAC, but there has been no update yet. I emailed the Consulate and they responded TODAY stating that my medical still wasn't received but it was sent on Dec 6th. I don't really know what else to do. Has anyone experienced this long of a delay from medical results sent to Consulate received? It's been almost 2 weeks for us. I'm thinking of getting a print out now confirming case was submitted from Dr. Zatzman to email to the Consulate. I don't know what else to do. Anyone have any advice on how to best tackle this? My patience is running very low now!

I just posted that I was in the exact same boat as you. Then I went to check on the status again and it has finally changed to at NVC.  I was expecting an "In Process".Anyone else ever have "at NVC" after their interview, while waiting on the medical review.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, jjiplaya said:

I just posted that I was in the exact same boat as you. Then I went to check on the status again and it has finally changed to at NVC.  I was expecting an "In Process".Anyone else ever have "at NVC" after their interview, while waiting on the medical review.

Are you using this tracker link: https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx 

Timeline
1 minute ago, jjiplaya said:

YES

That is odd - I don't even think that is a visa status I've seen (not even in our FAQ doc). I would email them to see what's going on. Mine still says "refused" due to medical results not being received. Were you told anything else during your interview? 

2 minutes ago, Lovepeace0303 said:

That is odd - I don't even think that is a visa status I've seen (not even in our FAQ doc). I would email them to see what's going on. Mine still says "refused" due to medical results not being received. Were you told anything else during your interview? 

I was told that I was being refused because my medical and background check had not been received. Although just like you my medical had been sent, my background check was uploaded on Dec. 11th.  

I just checked again and it is back to saying "Refused".  That's weird!  Maybe someone is reviewing me now????

Timeline
25 minutes ago, jjiplaya said:

I was told that I was being refused because my medical and background check had not been received. Although just like you my medical had been sent, my background check was uploaded on Dec. 11th.  

I just checked again and it is back to saying "Refused".  That's weird!  Maybe someone is reviewing me now????

That could very much be it! Check your last date updated as well and keep monitoring the tracker. Keep us posted!

Timeline

Out of curiosity, did everyone who's had delays with their medical results getting to the consulate go through Dr. Zatzman? Or have others had this issue with different visa doctors this month?

Edited by Ptitchou

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Ptitchou said:

Out of curiosity, did everyone who's had delays with their medical results getting to the consulate go through Dr. Zatzman? Or have others had this issue with different visa doctors this month?

The few people that are in the same boat as me did their medicals with Dr. Zatzman and Dr. Mascarenhas in Toronto. Thing is the doctors are saying they have SENT the medical so there isn’t a delay with them. The delay is the Consulate isn’t receiving the results and there must be an issue with their systems. It’s on them to fix! 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Lovepeace0303 said:

Makes us concerned..My husband's medical with Dr.Zatzman is on Jan. 2 with his interview on Jan. 29. Hope no issues occur..

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ptitchou said:

I saw someone on this thread state earlier that they had their medical in Montreal Dec 2, sent confirmation on Dec 6, and then Interview Dec 15, and it was not received on time... Could be slightly of on dates... but possibly a consulate delay.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Lovepeace0303 said:

The few people that are in the same boat as me did their medicals with Dr. Zatzman and Dr. Mascarenhas in Toronto. Thing is the doctors are saying they have SENT the medical so there isn’t a delay with them. The delay is the Consulate isn’t receiving the results and there must be an issue with their systems. It’s on them to fix! 

Sheesh. Sounds like it would've taken less time to pick up an envelope. :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.