Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
1 hour ago, Dbrennan said:

Yes! My husband and I bought a house early this year and at my interview when they asked if I was still intending to live at the same address in the US I told them we moved and they changed it in the system

I just went on line and did a Form AR 11 with the USCIS and changed the address there. You can get it and do it on line. 

On 12/15/2020 at 11:10 AM, Lovenature said:

POE: Dec 14, Ambassador Bridge

The lady at the main booth started grilling me about my relationship with my husband but once she allowed me through to secondary though those guys were great. When I pulled up the officer asked what was going on today. When I told him my immigrant visa finally came through and he said "yay!!!!!!" I was able to relax a bit. I was there about 45 min and that included importing my car as well. Told me welcome to the USA. Overall good experience. 

Final count for me was 801 days 23 1/2 hours from NOA to arrival at home.. 

Congratulations!  My interview is later January and I'm looking forward to importing my car aswell!

Can you tell me what the process for importing was like? What do I need to do to prepare? I've googled a lot but figured your opinion would be beneficial as you've just gone through it! 😃

Just picked up my passport today as my self isolation ended and went to try and pay the immigrant fee. For some reason it won’t let me put in my full case number, when I get to the last number it’s already full. I tried putting in MTL and the 12 numbers and it will only let me put in 11 (also the example of the case number only has 11 digits after MTL) . Has anyone else experienced this or am I just dumb haha

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Dbrennan said:

Just picked up my passport today as my self isolation ended and went to try and pay the immigrant fee. For some reason it won’t let me put in my full case number, when I get to the last number it’s already full. I tried putting in MTL and the 12 numbers and it will only let me put in 11 (also the example of the case number only has 11 digits after MTL) . Has anyone else experienced this or am I just dumb haha

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-fees/uscis-immigrant-fee/immigrant-fee-payment-tips-on-finding-your-a-number-and-dos-case-id

17 minutes ago, Adaab said:

Hi everyone, 

I am not sure if this has been asked or not. But, Is it easy to fix a mistake on ds260 at the time of interview at Montreal Embassy? 

Or Is it possible to request the embassy to open the ds260 prior to the interview for fixing the error?

Thanks in advance. Best of luck to everyone! 

This was asked 2-3 pages back. The mistake can be fixed at the consulate, though depending on how important it is (e.g. a new passport) you might want to give them a heads up via email before. It's pretty uncommon for the consulate to re-open the DS260, so much so that I haven't heard of Montreal doing so in the 2+ years I was in the process.

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Dbrennan said:

ignore the last two digits of the case number (likely 01 or 02)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, SJS8581 said:

@Hawk Riders Thank you for all the information, sheet with estimates and FAQ you provide. It’s greatly appreciated. I’m trying to locate payment information for our timeline, however was wondering if our profile can be added to the sheet with interview estimates. 

The payment date & such can be located by checking your CEAC record

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, baba90 said:

Congratulations!  My interview is later January...

Well, please contribute the community here by completing your timeline! https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=377294

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

On 12/15/2020 at 11:57 AM, Lovepeace0303 said:

Hi VJ Fam! I wanted to write a lengthier review on my husband's interview experience at Montreal.

Husband's interview appointment was December 14th @ 9am ET. 

He went inside around 8:55am ET, He was asked COVID related questions (any symptoms, traveled outside the country) and they checked his passport at the door before he was let in. Once entering, he proceeded to the first window. They took his passport and told him to sit down and wait to be called again. He was called back up to the first window after 10-15 minutes. At the first window, he was asked to provide his original documents:

- Police Certificates

- Marriage Certificate

- Birth Certificate

- 2 passport photographs

Surprisingly, they did NOT ask for my 2019 tax returns although my husband had those handy. 

At the first window, they took my husband's fingerprints and he was asked to confirm his address, my address, and both our phone numbers (we had rehearsed this, so he had this all memorized already YAY). They did not take his DS260 confirmation. He was also asked for his medical. My husband mentioned that he had completed his medical on Nov 30th with Dr. Zatzman and they had sent confirmation of it being submitted via emedical on Dec 6th. The officer mentioned that it was not in their system yet. My husband had proof of completing the medical (we had slotted in the email confirmation from the Doctor and the receipts) and he presented those. I'm REALLY glad my husband had this proof and I would highly recommend anyone completing their medical to bring this along because there can be a delay from medical results being sent and received by the Consulate. He then handed my husband the domestic violence abuse pamphlet and told him to be seated until he is called again for the interview. 

My husband waited for about 1.5 hours until he was called to the second window for the interview. He had his fingerprints taken again and did his oath. The interview bit lasted about 10 minutes. He was asked the following questions: 

- Who is your petitioner?

- How did you meet?

- What does your wife do for a living? 

- Where did you get married? As my husband answered this question, we had rehearsed that he specifically say we had a religious wedding ceremony first and then the legal ceremony after in presence of both our families. As a follow up to this question, the IO said "So your families get along?" Husband laughed and said "Yes, they definitely do!"

- When did you first come to Canada? (Husband is a Canadian PR holder. I made sure my husband remembered the year he first came to Canada and received his PR in case this question came up, and it did).

- What was your longest stay in the USA? 

The interview bit went well, but husband was given a 221g as they did not have the medical results reflected yet in their system, so could not approve him on the spot. They kept his passport and stated once the medical was received they would issue the visa. 

I know many VJ members mention that the interviewing bit is easy, but I would highly recommend you be fully prepared. My husband and I rehearsed a variety of questions (I had compiled a list based on Consulate reviews from VJ) and he had his dates/answers down SOLID. Please make sure you know how to answer these types of questions effectively with dates/detailed info down. My husband was very grateful that I had helped him practice, so he didn't stumble upon any dates or answers during the actual interview portion. It's better to practice and be overly prepared!

Now, we wait for his medical results to reflect in the Consulate's system before his visa is issued and passport is on hand. No idea how long that will take, but we'll just wait and see. 

Hope this helped! If anyone has any questions, feel free to DM me! ❤️ 

Thank you so much for your post and useful advices!!

I just have one question regarding the 2 passport photos required: Are those for the petitioner or the applicant (your husband) and do we need to bring for both anyways or just one? these should comply with the standard photos used for US Passports?

THanks

Mike

Timeline
8 hours ago, MichaelZas said:

Thank you so much for your post and useful advices!!

I just have one question regarding the 2 passport photos required: Are those for the petitioner or the applicant (your husband) and do we need to bring for both anyways or just one? these should comply with the standard photos used for US Passports?

THanks

Mike

2 US passport size photos for the beneficiary (applicant)

Timeline
4 hours ago, Lovepeace0303 said:

@ameena1423 @Rocio Torres Any update on your medicals being received by the Consulate or any movement on your CEAC? 

No update or movement for me :( I’ve been checking regularly

Timeline

Gosh. Waiting for this 221g for the medical to clear up is painful. Just when we thought the waiting was finally over, we’re back to waiting again. Guess we won’t be home for Christmas after all. 😔 

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Lovepeace0303 said:

Gosh. Waiting for this 221g for the medical to clear up is painful. Just when we thought the waiting was finally over, we’re back to waiting again. Guess we won’t be home for Christmas after all. 😔 

I bet! There always seems to be another wait. But regardless you will be together soon and whether that's before or after christmas doesn't change how special it will be. almost there!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.