Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Atyree9 said:

So we can file for the green card and pay the fee online?

yes 

rather, just pay fee; the application is considered underway already

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Has anyone had issues with fingerprinting for their police background check? I had to redo my fingerprints about 5 times, and the RCMP was still not able to run them. They did my background check by name only. The NVC ended up accepting the name-only check, but I'm worried about them not being accepted at interview. I will get them redone again, but worried I'm going to have the same issue. Any insights would be appreciated!

On 12/12/2020 at 10:05 AM, MrsDex said:

Odd question when bringing your belongings over the border... Has anyone ever had any experience crossing with taxidermy/animal bones before? Certain things like a polar bear skull I have paperwork for, but common stuff like a raccoon or deer I don't. Maybe I should contact the game wardens of the state I'm passing through to ask? Any info is appreciated! ♡

found this on the CDC website :

https://www.cdc.gov/importation/animal-products.html

Timeline

Sorry if this has been answered already - I got my Police Record Check in May 2020. I presume my interview will be in February (DQ = May 22). Given the Police record is technically still valid (<1 year), should I get a new Police Record Check to abide by the "new" standard just in case? Or is the consensus that they will accept the old police record check if you DQ'd before November 2020?

Hi guys,  just a quick question. Although My mother says that I have received all the vaccinations as a child,

I don't have any document to prove. I am wondering to go and see a local doctor close to our house and

ask her to help me to get all vaccinations done well before my IL arrives. I will ask them to give me a proof.

This way, I don't have to worry about having vaccinations done during my medical appointment, which will 

give some peace of mind. Can anyone tell me if it is a good idea?

Thank you all so much.

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Magnolian said:

Hi guys,  just a quick question. Although My mother says that I have received all the vaccinations as a child,

I don't have any document to prove. I am wondering to go and see a local doctor close to our house and

ask her to help me to get all vaccinations done well before my IL arrives. I will ask them to give me a proof.

This way, I don't have to worry about having vaccinations done during my medical appointment, which will 

give some peace of mind. Can anyone tell me if it is a good idea?

Thank you all so much.

You can get titres done for everything but Tdap, which you should be getting boosters for ~every 10 years anyway. I had titres done and they were accepted for anything I didn't have proof of (e.g. varicella). 

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Timeline

I have another question for those of you who did your port of entry by car.  Does my US spouse (petitioner) need to be physically present at the border when I cross?  I was hoping to just cruise down there, get through the border to get the paperwork started (so they create and mail my green card) and then turn around and come back to my home in Canada so I can finish packing and moving/selling my house.  I've seen some conflicting info about whether my spouse needs to be there.  We have two small children and I want her to stay at home in the US and tend to them and not take the risk of traveling.  After packing and loading out my house, I was planning on driving across the border again to stay in the US permanently with my belongings in tow (moving company).  Any advice would be most welcome.  Thanks.

Timeline
45 minutes ago, DGF said:

You can get titres done for everything but Tdap, which you should be getting boosters for ~every 10 years anyway. I had titres done and they were accepted for anything I didn't have proof of (e.g. varicella). 

I don't have all my records but will be getting an updated titre test (previous one was 2 years ago so I doubt they'll accept that?) and my GP did my tetanus booster in 2015. Would I just have her write a letter stating I was vaccinated for this by her? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, JACHA said:

Sorry if this has been answered already - I got my Police Record Check in May 2020. I presume my interview will be in February (DQ = May 22). Given the Police record is technically still valid (<1 year), should I get a new Police Record Check to abide by the "new" standard just in case? Or is the consensus that they will accept the old police record check if you DQ'd before November 2020?

I'm also wondering about this. I'm pretty sure they'd still accept it, but I'm also concerned about whether or not it's an issue that it will expire before I plan on crossing to activate the visa. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, M Brown said:

I have another question for those of you who did your port of entry by car.  Does my US spouse (petitioner) need to be physically present at the border when I cross?  I was hoping to just cruise down there, get through the border to get the paperwork started (so they create and mail my green card) and then turn around and come back to my home in Canada so I can finish packing and moving/selling my house.  I've seen some conflicting info about whether my spouse needs to be there.  We have two small children and I want her to stay at home in the US and tend to them and not take the risk of traveling.  After packing and loading out my house, I was planning on driving across the border again to stay in the US permanently with my belongings in tow (moving company).  Any advice would be most welcome.  Thanks.

For your situation she does not need to be there. The only time the USC spouse need to enter with the visa holder is when both were living abroad.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline
3 hours ago, JACHA said:

Same boat as you. Mine expires May/June my DQ is June 1st. I was going to try to get a new one but I’m flying out Saturday. At this point I’ll either chance it or try to get a new one when I get back before my interview. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Ptitchou said:

I'm also wondering about this. I'm pretty sure they'd still accept it, but I'm also concerned about whether or not it's an issue that it will expire before I plan on crossing to activate the visa. 

When interviews were being rescheduled a few members had police certificates that were expiring shortly after their interview. One person mentioned they had been told by their lawyer that the visa would expire the date the certificate did but that was proven false once members had started going through their interviews. As long as it was not expired it was accepted and their visa expiration was on the medical date. That being said if you are worried about it feel free to grab another one preemptively.

Timeline

Hi everyone!

I had my interview today, all was almost ok, but  The Consulate didn't receive my medical on time.  I had  the Medical Exam with Medisys in Montreal on Dec 2nd  and I received an e-mail on Dec 8th  which said that it had been submitted to the eMedical system. However I was denied and given a section 221g form as my medical exam is still pending to be received. They kept my passport but I am still pending to be approved!

I knew anyone had the same experience. Please let me know if I have to wait 4 or 6 weeks. Where I can check my status.

Timeline
4 hours ago, DGF said:

I don't have vaccinations record either so I called my doctor and he told me to come for Titer for MMR and will get Adacel shot done as well. So, the Titer blood test for MMR is cool but would Adacel shot work? I don't have Td vaccination record so I should be getting an adult series of two doses 4 weeks apart and third one after 6 months, no?

Here is what Dr. Zatzman's website says:

If you have no proof of a primary series you must begin an adult series of TWO doses of Td 4 to 8 weeks apart with a third dose 6 to 12 months after the second.

or

You must have proof of a Td booster within the 4 weeks prior to your immigration medical.

I know this has been discussed many times but was wondering that instead of doing the adult series doses, if I did Td booster (Adacel?) as soon I get IL, would it be acceptable since it says it should be done within 4 weeks prior to medical?

2 minutes ago, Rocio Torres said:

Hi everyone!

I had my interview today, all was almost ok, but  The Consulate didn't receive my medical on time.  I had  the Medical Exam with Medisys in Montreal on Dec 2nd  and I received an e-mail on Dec 8th  which said that it had been submitted to the eMedical system. However I was denied and given a section 221g form as my medical exam is still pending to be received. They kept my passport but I am still pending to be approved!

I knew anyone had the same experience. Please let me know if I have to wait 4 or 6 weeks. Where I can check my status.

The same thing just happened to me during my dec 2 interview! I assume my medical results (done with cheema in bc) appeared in their system the same day my as my interview, just later in the afternoon. I found out because I got an email saying my passport was ready for pickup two days after my interview, and I went on CEAC and it said approved! I was also really worried it would take a long time so hopefully yours will be officially approved soon! As for tracking all together can really do is check ceac 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.