Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, Stylereveal said:

Hi, do you know the time frame you have to leave Canada when you get your green card? Is it 6 months from the time it’s approved or from your medical date. Thanks 

Date of your medical.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Tinad said:

Hello Everyone,

My husbands initial interview was 2 years ago. He was denied and asked to get a 601 waiver. The 601 waiver was approved May 2020. We were asked to send in updated police record and medical October 2020, which we sent everything in right away. We were hoping to get an IL this month but did not. My question is, are we looking at an IL next month or with a reoath is it different. I know they only send IL out once a month but I wasn't sure with a 2nd Interview if it might be different. Thanks so much for your help.

...try asking @Devint

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Stylereveal said:

Can you come back within 2 weeks or so, as I need to be in Canada till September for my child to start college 

As a Canadian citizen you won't be denied entry; you'll just hafta quarantine.

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline

Can someone explain to me the difference between the tax forms needed for the interview? I think I’m just second guessing everything but the documents we have are his tax transcripts that we uploaded to ceac and his W2s..are the W2s the same thing as the 1040 form??

if not how do we get the 1040 forms?? 

thank you

Timeline
1 hour ago, EJOyamot said:

Can someone explain to me the difference between the tax forms needed for the interview? I think I’m just second guessing everything but the documents we have are his tax transcripts that we uploaded to ceac and his W2s..are the W2s the same thing as the 1040 form??

Your US spouse should know these things, having filed taxes for X number of years already...

A W2 is a year-end wage/earnings report; a 1040 is the filed tax return, which is covered in the transcript(s) you already obtained.

5 minutes ago, vjcl said:

My interview is January 6. My medical is December 29th so it most likely won’t be there in time for my interview and my police clearance won’t be able to be redone until December 29th also. 
If those two things arent ready by the time of my interview what will happen?!

Your application will be "denied"/conditionally approved until such time as you submit the necessary documents to the consular officer.

Edited by Hawk Riders

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Canada.gif

Timeline
Just now, Hawk Riders said:

Your US spouse should know these things, having filed taxes for X number of years already...

A W2 is a year-end wage/earnings report; a 1040 is the filed tax return, which is covered in the transcript(s) you already obtained.

I agree he should know these things. Lol. it maybe have been a mistake in my part misreading the webpage where it said form 1040 in brackets. 
but I absolutely need to bring the 1040? Not just the tax transcripts and the W2s? 

thank you 😊

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey Guys,

hoping you can help me with my question , I lived in the Uk from 2014-2016. I submitted my new Uk police record to NVC in 2019 and now that it has expired, do I have to apply for a new one take it with me on the day of my interview on Jan 13th although I haven’t been back there? I already applied for a new Canadian police certificate; I got DQ in Mar 30 and received  IL on dec 12. 

thank you 

For the interview, do we need proof of your marriage besides a marriage certificate?? I saw this story that kinds freaked me out where someone got a visa denied because the officer didnt think it was a legit marriage. Is anyone bringing anything else besides the specific paperwork/items they ask for in the check list? Like pictures? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, EJOyamot said:

but I absolutely need to bring the 1040? Not just the tax transcripts and the W2s?

According to the instructions for the I-864 (Affidavit of Support): 

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-864instr-pc.pdf

> You must provide either an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) transcript or a photocopy from your own records of your Federal individual income tax return for the most recent tax year.

The "Federal individual income tax return" is the 1040. So you need to provide *either* the transcript or the 1040.  My understanding is that the transcript is actually preferred over the 1040 because the transcript shows that the government actually received & accepted it. (It is a bit like the Canadian Notice of Assessment). So personally we just used the transcript, not the 1040. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, eketros said:

According to the instructions for the I-864 (Affidavit of Support): 

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-864instr-pc.pdf

> You must provide either an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) transcript or a photocopy from your own records of your Federal individual income tax return for the most recent tax year.

The "Federal individual income tax return" is the 1040. So you need to provide *either* the transcript or the 1040.  My understanding is that the transcript is actually preferred over the 1040 because the transcript shows that the government actually received & accepted it. (It is a bit like the Canadian Notice of Assessment). So personally we just used the transcript, not the 1040. 

Thank you this is very helpful :) 

do we now also need to redo the i864 to reflect the 2019 tax year? Or can we bring the original one and have the tax documents that go with it plus the new 2019 documents? 

thank you so much!! 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, EJOyamot said:

do we now also need to redo the i864 to reflect the 2019 tax year? Or can we bring the original one and have the tax documents that go with it plus the new 2019 documents? 

I don't know if there is an official answer to this. Personally I just brought the original form, everything I had uploaded to the CEAC, plus the new tax transcript for 2019. 

The other new things I brought were the things that actually expired: Passport photos (supposed to be within 6 months), Police certificate (only good for 1 year), and my son's passport (it had expired since I uploaded it). 

I did not upload any of this beforehand - I just brought all the old & the new documents to the interview. 

Timeline
Just now, eketros said:

I don't know if there is an official answer to this. Personally I just brought the original form, everything I had uploaded to the CEAC, plus the new tax transcript for 2019. 

The other new things I brought were the things that actually expired: Passport photos (supposed to be within 6 months), Police certificate (only good for 1 year), and my son's passport (it had expired since I uploaded it). 

I did not upload any of this beforehand - I just brought all the old & the new documents to the interview. 

Thank you so much I really appreciate your quick and concise answers! I sent myself into a mild panic tonight trying to figure all of this out. 
thank you again, have a great evening! 

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Meghan.brooke said:

For the interview, do we need proof of your marriage besides a marriage certificate?? I saw this story that kinds freaked me out where someone got a visa denied because the officer didnt think it was a legit marriage. Is anyone bringing anything else besides the specific paperwork/items they ask for in the check list? Like pictures? 

I've heard of other people being asked for this in the past, but I don't think most of the recent interviews have mentioned being asked for that.

I brought some evidence of the marriage just incase, but I wasn't asked for it. I brought some of the same kinds of things that we submitted with the original I-130, but with some more recent examples (e.g., newer photos of us together & with our families, evidence that we have visited since the I-130, and the xmas & birthday cards his family has sent me). For me, compiling a few things made me feel a bit less stressed out, so it was worth it even though I wasn't asked for it. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.