Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
12 minutes ago, HImissy said:

That is already expired. Get a new one ASAP.

Personal use/other is the type you need

Edited by Hawk Riders

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
36 minutes ago, legendqueue said:

Sooooo last month didn't we have interview letters go out on multiple days (either 2 or 3)?

29 minutes ago, jstriders said:

If you check here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LvnDvX95_tfWtTvsJJM49PDPPvPKal0WG2rgdZHhsz0/edit#gid=255923754
you will see that majority of the IL were issued on the 16th of November and only few on the 17th

The 17th was a case involving a minor in addition to a spouse.

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

For those who did the medical exam, how many vaccines did you have to get? My husband has to get 5 of then and I'm sketched out for him to get that many at a time. I think we'll split it up and do some now before the medical exam...

Also, do antivaxers immigrate? 😂

Edited by Meghan.brooke

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
37 minutes ago, HImissy said:

GUYS, 

I CANNOT REGISTER FOR THR INTERVIEW ON THE https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/iv/schedule/32317499/applicants

CAN ANYONE HELP

It can take a day or two for the registration to open up

2 minutes ago, Meghan.brooke said:

For those who did the medical exam, how many vaccines did you have to get? My husband has to get 5 of then and I'm sketched out for him to get that many at a time. I think we'll split it up and do some now before the medical exam...

Also, do antivaxers immigrate? 😂

My husband had his titers done to see what he needed and ended up having to get 2 vaccinations and the flu shot. Vaccinations are free with provincial healthcare and some panel doctors don’t vaccinate in their offices. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Tofu said:

Make sure to remember to book your medicals!

My interview is Jan 11 and need to do my medical dec 23 because of the holidays! Woof long time to stay in Montreal so gotta split it up into two trips!

DQ’d on Apr 14 and Interview on Jan 13th.

We sent out an email along with the IL to Dr Cheema today, and they just confirmed the medical appointment for next week (Dec-16 @7am).

FYI - They stated the following: Photos are NOT required. Digital Photo will be taken in our office at the time of medical examination.

Timeline

For what it's worth, the IL mentions the following:

PRESIDENTIAL PROCLAMATION ON HEALTH CARE: On October 4, 2019, the President issued Presidential Proclamation 9945 on the "Suspension of Entry of Immigrants Who Will Financially Burden the United States Healthcare System." For the most up to date information on how PP 9945 might affect your case, please visit https://travel.state.gov/healthcare.

Our immigration lawyer confirmed the following:

"Regarding the Presidential Proclamation on Health Care which is mentioned in the email, it is currently suspended and does not need to be fulfilled."

I understand some lawyers suggested it just in case, and the info was added to the FAQ under Public Charge/Health Insurancebut ours does not recommend it. Hope our lawyer is right.

Timeline

Wow! I popped in to get caught up on the thread, expecting interview letters to be sent out on Monday, but it's a nice surprise to see them today! If they can keep up this rate (fingers crossed!) my wife and I will get her interview letter in March!

For the folks that had interviews today, how did those go?

Timeline

Sorry if this has been asked.  Given the current lockdowns and restrictions on inter-provincial travel, has anyone travelled from Toronto to Montreal recently for their interview and what method of transportation did you use?  If driving, did you need to supply any documentation at the provincial border?  I was thinking of taking a train but I might drive instead especially if the train schedule dictates a hotel stay.  Hoping to make a day trip out of it - get in and get out.  Thanks.

Timeline
On 12/9/2020 at 8:39 PM, Lois K said:

@Lovepeace0303 and @Atyree9, well look at that, it's us three on Dec 14, and we'll all have nervous Canadian hubbies there. Good luck to you both! I can't believe it's almost here! Are yours crossing the border before Christmas? Mine is staying in Canada with his family to enjoy a long holiday before he returns here, since future visits will likely require more quarantine time. I'll get him here Jan 1 or 2!

We will wait until after Christmas. Our daughters and I are actually up here since the beginning of COVID and my daughter will have a few weeks of preschool left. She’s going to miss it, so that’s the only downside about moving right now!

Timeline
1 hour ago, M Brown said:

Sorry if this has been asked.  Given the current lockdowns and restrictions on inter-provincial travel, has anyone travelled from Toronto to Montreal recently for their interview and what method of transportation did you use?  If driving, did you need to supply any documentation at the provincial border?  I was thinking of taking a train but I might drive instead especially if the train schedule dictates a hotel stay.  Hoping to make a day trip out of it - get in and get out.  Thanks.

We drove to Montreal on dec 1st. No need to supply any documentation to enter Montreal. It’s about 6 hours from toronto so we stayed in a hotel the night before the interview. 

Timeline
16 hours ago, Hawk Riders said:

That is already expired. Get a new one ASAP.

Personal use/other is the type you need

So mine doesn’t expire until June and it seems like they are still accepting the ‘old’ PCC. Anyone else have input on that? 
I’m leaving for the states next Saturday and I’ll probably be in the bath of interviews come January(DQ June 1st). 

guess I’ll be busy getting that done if need me and my medical after my quarantine. 

also, anyone know about K1s and their interviews? Have they been getting scheduled too? Just hoping they don’t alternate between K1s and Ir1/cr1 on different months ...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.