Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Reminder: there's a wonderful FAQ document located here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/edit for all those questions which have been asked hundreds of times; please read!

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

@legendqueue and @Kipalope

The previous answer applies if you're already in Canada. If you're flying in from out of country, you do still have to quarantine. My husband was visiting me in the U.S. He had to return, quarantine for two weeks, then do his medical, and will fly to Montreal (no quarantine) for his interview (Monday).

USCIS

Dec 29 2018 ------ Married

Jan 23 2019 ------ I-130 submitted

Feb 01 2019 ------ NOA1

Dec 30 2019 ------ NOA2

NVC

Feb 11 2020 ------ Welcome letter email received

Feb 12 2020 ------ Case Creation date

Feb 12 2020 ------ IV and AOS bills visible. Paid same day.

Feb 15 2020 ------ AOS and IV bills showing paid, AOS and DS-260 accessible

Feb 18 2020 ------ DS-260 (plus documents) and AOS documents submitted

Feb 19 2020 ------ DQ email received

COVID happened

Nov 16 2020 ------ Interview email received

Consulate

Dec 02 2020 ------ Medical with Dr. Cheema

Dec 14 2020 ------ Interview at Montreal consulate

Dec 22 2020 ------ Passport returned with visa

Permanent Resident

Dec 28 2020 ------ Immigration fee (green card processing fee) paid

Jan 01 2021 ------ POE Peace Arch, with 20' U-Haul

Jan 11 2021 ------ Social Security card received

Mar 26 2021 ------ Green Card received, IR-1

Citizenship

Dec 27 2023 ------ N400 submitted 

Jan 17 2024 ------ Biometrics Appt (Portland, OR), cancelled due to ice storm

Feb 20 2024 ------ Biometrics Appt (Portland, OR)

Apr 1 2024 ------ Citizenship exam & oath ceremony!

Timeline

Congrats to all who got their interview dates today! My DQ date is May 22nd so l can't wait till the next batch of dates come out in January! 

A friend of mine not on VJ got his as well - his DQ was May 13 and interview scheduled for Jan 27 (Just FYI) 

I had a question in regards to travelling once you receive your interview date. I thought i read somewhere that you couldn't travel before or after you do your medical? Is that right or am I making that up? 

Apart from the quarantine and not having your passport for at least a week after your interview, are there any travel restrictions from the time your receive your interview date till the time of your interview?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Tofu said:

Make sure to remember to book your medicals!

My interview is Jan 11 and need to do my medical dec 23 because of the holidays! Woof long time to stay in Montreal so gotta split it up into two trips!

Same...my interview is Jan 20th, booked my medical for Dec 17th.  Making sure there is lots of time 😊 Good Luck!

1 hour ago, YPYP said:

Hi all, I am wondering how long folks waited to get their background checks back from the RCMP? I had my done in office at the Commissionaires  last (Friday, December 4) in advance of my interview on the 30th. I figured that would give me enough time to get it back in time. The guy who took my finger prints was really non-committal (mostly unsure) of how it would take to get form in hand. I live in Mississauga.

Hi YPYP,

I'm really curious as well.  I went to Commissionaires in Windsor on NOV. 30th to get my prints done and I still have not received the background check in the mail. I had my Interview on Wednesday, the 9th and just like everyone else, I was rejected until my background check is submitted.  The last time I had the background check done (it expired), it was mailed to me in 8days.

Does anyone know when the Consulate will be closing for Christmas??

Timeline
7 minutes ago, JACHA said:

Congrats to all who got their interview dates today! My DQ date is May 22nd so l can't wait till the next batch of dates come out in January! 

I'm also May 22! I'm actually glad we aren't in this batch so that I can wait until after my May 24  second wedding anniversary to enter and get IR-1.

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Ptitchou said:

I'm also May 22! I'm actually glad we aren't in this batch so that I can wait until after my May 24  second wedding anniversary to enter and get IR-1.

You could have waited either way haha.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, HImissy said:

hi guys, 

my husband filed his tax assessment for 2019, and in that he had my name included.  does anyone know if that would be a problem as I haven't still moved to States and my husband has my name on it?

Married-filing-jointly is appropriate, either with an ITIN or an SSN.

There are other forum threads with tax discussions you can review as well by conducting a search.

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Hi, I am new to this site. I just received my IL, (DQ'd May 13th), Interview Jan 27. I am wondering what option i need to choose when registering the interview appointment online? I see 2 options it could be:

1) I have received a Consular interview appointment date from the National Visa Center (NVC) or the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) and I have been instructed to register my appointment on this site.

2) I have received a letter/email from the consular section with instructions to schedule an immigrant visa appointment.

Which one do i choose?

Timeline
7 minutes ago, legendqueue said:

Sooooo last month didn't we have interview letters go out on multiple days (either 2 or 3)?

If you check here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LvnDvX95_tfWtTvsJJM49PDPPvPKal0WG2rgdZHhsz0/edit#gid=255923754
you will see that majority of the IL were issued on the 16th of November and only few on the 17th

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Rvernon said:

Hi, I am new to this site. I just received my IL, (DQ'd May 13th), Interview Jan 27. I am wondering what option i need to choose when registering the interview appointment online? I see 2 options it could be:

1) I have received a Consular interview appointment date from the National Visa Center (NVC) or the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) and I have been instructed to register my appointment on this site.

2) I have received a letter/email from the consular section with instructions to schedule an immigrant visa appointment.

Which one do i choose?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.