Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all, I am wondering how long folks waited to get their background checks back from the RCMP? I had my done in office at the Commissionaires  last (Friday, December 4) in advance of my interview on the 30th. I figured that would give me enough time to get it back in time. The guy who took my finger prints was really non-committal (mostly unsure) of how it would take to get form in hand. I live in Mississauga.

Timeline
1 minute ago, YPYP said:

Hi all, I am wondering how long folks waited to get their background checks back from the RCMP? I had my done in office at the Commissionaires  last (Friday, December 4) in advance of my interview on the 30th. I figured that would give me enough time to get it back in time. The guy who took my finger prints was really non-committal (mostly unsure) of how it would take to get form in hand. I live in Mississauga.

Got mine done on nov. 25th and recieved them dec. 8th but my mail is being rerouted at the moment so might be quicker for you.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, YPYP said:

I did mine last year in October. It took about 2 weeks to arrive.
I would allow some extra time this year due to circumstances. Good luck!

Just now, Meghan.brooke said:

I'm sure this got asked a million times, sorry!! But how long does the RCMP police check last? 

One year

Timeline

Make sure to remember to book your medicals!

My interview is Jan 11 and need to do my medical dec 23 because of the holidays! Woof long time to stay in Montreal so gotta split it up into two trips!

Timeline

First of all, thank you very much to everyone who has posted in this forum. I have found it extremely helpful as my husband and I try to navigate this process!

Is one required to quarantine for 2 weeks in Montreal before the interview date? Or can you fly in and go the next day without a quarantine?

It doesn't sound like anyone is quarantining before the interview but I just wanted to check...

Thank you again!!

Timeline

Yeah I wonder how all the quarantining will work!  Someone not in Canada currently will of course have to quarantine 14 days on return, but is there an additional quarantine for going to Montreal?  Yikes!  That's 14 days quarantine, doctor appointment, then flight and another 14 days quarantine in a hotel?  Am I misunderstanding this?  I hope so haha

YAY to everyone who got dates today!  :D :D :D 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, legendqueue said:

Yeah I wonder how all the quarantining will work!  Someone not in Canada currently will of course have to quarantine 14 days on return, but is there an additional quarantine for going to Montreal?  Yikes!  That's 14 days quarantine, doctor appointment, then flight and another 14 days quarantine in a hotel?  Am I misunderstanding this?  I hope so haha

YAY to everyone who got dates today!  :D :D :D 

13 minutes ago, Kipalope said:

First of all, thank you very much to everyone who has posted in this forum. I have found it extremely helpful as my husband and I try to navigate this process!

Is one required to quarantine for 2 weeks in Montreal before the interview date? Or can you fly in and go the next day without a quarantine?

It doesn't sound like anyone is quarantining before the interview but I just wanted to check...

Thank you again!!

no quarantine to go to Montreal. Quarantine upon your return is based on your province. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.