Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, KStene22 said:

Police certificates are good for one year, yes?  I had mine done in December of 2019, so I think I'll have to get that updated.  

Do I need a new form with signature for my joint sponsor, since I'll be updating his financial info to include 2019?  Or do I just bring the updated tax info to the interview?

Ya you for sure need a new police certificate. I don't believe other people had to update forms at all they just uploaded the newest info at the request of the consulate and brought it with them to interview but someone else may have a better idea.

17 hours ago, Hawk Riders said:

What are your ETAs, @Dbrennan & @S&A47?

I got an email two days after my interview saying my passport was ready for pickup! Manitoba has a 14 day self isolation after traveling east so I’m picking it up when that’s over on the 16th! Wish I went for the house delivery haha

Hi guys,

Congrats to those who have been approved! Good luck to those who are going to be interviewed in

the next few days and weeks to come!

I have a quick question about the tax return papers. We DQd in Sep and hoping to get an interview in June

or July. Since there will be a new tax filing deadline in April, I was just wondering if I am required to bring

my husband's 2020 tax return with me to the interview.

I have his 2019 tax return which was used for NVC stage and will be bringing this with me.

Any input or advise are highly appreciated.

Thanks a million in advance.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Magnolian said:

I have a quick question about the tax return papers. We DQd in Sep and hoping to get an interview in June

or July. Since there will be a new tax filing deadline in April, I was just wondering if I am required to bring

It is always best to bring the most up to date income info that you have. 

We used 2018 taxes at the NVC stage, and by the time I had my interview we had also done the 2019 taxes. At the interview they asked if I had any updated financial info, and I was able to give them the 2019 tax transcript. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Magnolian said:

Hi guys,

Congrats to those who have been approved! Good luck to those who are going to be interviewed in

the next few days and weeks to come!

I have his 2019 tax return which was used for NVC stage and will be bringing this with me.

Any input or advise are highly appreciated.

Thanks a million in advance.

Most likely yes since the 2020 tax return should be done/available by the time you have your interview. I'll definitely suggest to bring it with you.

3 hours ago, eketros said:

It is always best to bring the most up to date income info that you have. 

We used 2018 taxes at the NVC stage, and by the time I had my interview we had also done the 2019 taxes. At the interview they asked if I had any updated financial info, and I was able to give them the 2019 tax transcript. 

Thanks so much @eketros I appreciate it. I will add it into my to-do list.

3 hours ago, Hoffmaya said:

Most likely yes since the 2020 tax return should be done/available by the time you have your interview. I'll definitely suggest to bring it with you.

Thanks so much for your reply. I appreciate it.

Timeline

Has anyone scheduled their medical appointment with Dr. Zatzman? If so how long did it take to get your appointment?

Thanks in advance

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.