Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

@shammykay, results today?

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kimchi said:

I picked up my passport today at the post office. Exactly a week after my interview. 

What are your ETAs, @Dbrennan & @S&A47?

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Hawk Riders said:

We have a hot & heavy day coming up at the consulate Friday! Best wishes to:

@jelky

@Kingsrish

@Alison + Rohan

@han21 &

@JJ610 !

Thank-you!

Timeline

Hi all!

We DQ'd May 21st, and I haven't been on here much since because I thought everything was still closed down.  I didn't realize that interviews had resumed and I am quite excited about that piece of news.  So I went from "We're never going to move, are we?" to "Woah, we could get an interview letter in a couple of months!"  I pulled out my immigration binder and am trying to re-familiarize myself with all of the paperwork.  I probably haven't laid eyes on it since April!

Anyways, my question:

Am I correct in thinking that I have to update pretty much all of my forms for my interview?  Updated AoS, and joint sponsor AoS, tax returns, pending lease agreement, police certificate, etc?  I thrive on checklists, and I so wish I had one right now.  

Timeline
33 minutes ago, KStene22 said:

Hi all!

We DQ'd May 21st, and I haven't been on here much since because I thought everything was still closed down.  I didn't realize that interviews had resumed and I am quite excited about that piece of news.  So I went from "We're never going to move, are we?" to "Woah, we could get an interview letter in a couple of months!"  I pulled out my immigration binder and am trying to re-familiarize myself with all of the paperwork.  I probably haven't laid eyes on it since April!

Anyways, my question:

Am I correct in thinking that I have to update pretty much all of my forms for my interview?  Updated AoS, and joint sponsor AoS, tax returns, pending lease agreement, police certificate, etc?  I thrive on checklists, and I so wish I had one right now.  

Only anything that has expired or has drastically changed. The police certificate should still be good. From what I have read address changes etc. can be done during interview. Maybe once we get this years tax paperwork include that.

Timeline
On 12/8/2020 at 3:35 PM, Lovepeace0303 said:

Haha my husband is interviewing as well (prob just as nervous). I’ve heard they don’t even ask for proof of relationship apart from the main original documents. I’m sure it’s going to be fine! Hope it’s approvals and good news for the both of us on Monday. Good luck! 🙏🏽😊

@Lovepeace0303 and @Atyree9, well look at that, it's us three on Dec 14, and we'll all have nervous Canadian hubbies there. Good luck to you both! I can't believe it's almost here! Are yours crossing the border before Christmas? Mine is staying in Canada with his family to enjoy a long holiday before he returns here, since future visits will likely require more quarantine time. I'll get him here Jan 1 or 2!

USCIS

Dec 29 2018 ------ Married

Jan 23 2019 ------ I-130 submitted

Feb 01 2019 ------ NOA1

Dec 30 2019 ------ NOA2

NVC

Feb 11 2020 ------ Welcome letter email received

Feb 12 2020 ------ Case Creation date

Feb 12 2020 ------ IV and AOS bills visible. Paid same day.

Feb 15 2020 ------ AOS and IV bills showing paid, AOS and DS-260 accessible

Feb 18 2020 ------ DS-260 (plus documents) and AOS documents submitted

Feb 19 2020 ------ DQ email received

COVID happened

Nov 16 2020 ------ Interview email received

Consulate

Dec 02 2020 ------ Medical with Dr. Cheema

Dec 14 2020 ------ Interview at Montreal consulate

Dec 22 2020 ------ Passport returned with visa

Permanent Resident

Dec 28 2020 ------ Immigration fee (green card processing fee) paid

Jan 01 2021 ------ POE Peace Arch, with 20' U-Haul

Jan 11 2021 ------ Social Security card received

Mar 26 2021 ------ Green Card received, IR-1

Citizenship

Dec 27 2023 ------ N400 submitted 

Jan 17 2024 ------ Biometrics Appt (Portland, OR), cancelled due to ice storm

Feb 20 2024 ------ Biometrics Appt (Portland, OR)

Apr 1 2024 ------ Citizenship exam & oath ceremony!

Timeline
9 hours ago, Hawk Riders said:

They come monthly, per regular procedure. Eyes open for next week!

Nope. That's the language *you* use when making the request; the document doesn't state that.

You get your fingerprints taken for the background check... Digital or paper, someone should have a box to mark for Privacy Act Personal Use, with the subtype Other insofar as reason for request goes. Most documents have come back (and been accepted) reading "Other: (provide details)" without anyone having filled in or otherwise specified details. It's not a problem.

The Commissionaires have their act together, if going to one of their offices is an option for you...

Thanks again for the help! I read somewhere on this forum (I think) someone emailed the embassy and they got this message back:

"To ensure full disclosure of criminal record information, U.S. diplomatic and consular offices in Canada require that you obtain a copy of your criminal record REQUESTED UNDER THE CANADIAN PRIVACY ACT based on fingerprint-based searches from the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.  To obtain a copy of your criminal record under the Privacy Act, you must submit your fingerprints to a local police service or RCMP-approved partner agency.  YOU MUST STATE THAT YOU ARE REQUESTING THE RECORD UNDER THE PRIVACY ACT AND NOT GIVE “VISA APPLICATION” AS THE PURPOSE OF THE REQUEST.  You must also specifically request the record which includes the ‘RCMP National Repository entire holdings.’ Failure to follow these instructions exactly will lead to a document that will not be accepted by the consular section.”

I believe I got this info from somewhere here as well:

“I emailed the embassy directly to ask about the criminal record check and this is what they sent me. 

You need to go to the RCMP detachment and ask for a criminal record check under the privacy act. 

In the space where they ask for the reason (there HAS to be a reason or Ottawa will reject the search), they need to write ‘RCMP National Repository Entire Holdings.’ I got mine back in exactly 10 business days and it says CMP-PPU-030.”

So I was under the impression this phrase needed to be put down somewhere and the lady just wouldn’t do it. 

I went in today and redid it. I went over the steps with the lady before she submitted it. It’s still marked as privacy act on their system which is no problem. She selected privacy act, and then other. The first time I told her it needed to include the entire holdings and said this form is being sent to the entire holdings and left it at that. When I went in today I made sure she added “RCMP Criminal Record data holding including active criminal history, pardon record and archived record”, which she read off the Canada.ca website. Before she told me there was no spot for details, only “a reason why” which she said is for selecting privacy act type “other”. Hopefully filling in this details box will fix the issue, I wish she listened to me the first time 😥

Timeline
10 hours ago, Lois K said:

@Lovepeace0303 and @Atyree9, well look at that, it's us three on Dec 14, and we'll all have nervous Canadian hubbies there. Good luck to you both! I can't believe it's almost here! Are yours crossing the border before Christmas? Mine is staying in Canada with his family to enjoy a long holiday before he returns here, since future visits will likely require more quarantine time. I'll get him here Jan 1 or 2!

Haha - amazing! So excited for this to be behind all of us soon - it's been a VERY long wait getting here. I'm currently in Canada with my husband so I'll be accompanying him to Montreal and definitely bringing him back home with me before Christmas (if we get visa/passport in hand by then). Good luck to your husband as well! ❤️ 

Timeline
12 hours ago, jackanddeona said:

Only anything that has expired or has drastically changed. The police certificate should still be good. From what I have read address changes etc. can be done during interview. Maybe once we get this years tax paperwork include that.

Police certificates are good for one year, yes?  I had mine done in December of 2019, so I think I'll have to get that updated.  

Do I need a new form with signature for my joint sponsor, since I'll be updating his financial info to include 2019?  Or do I just bring the updated tax info to the interview?

53 minutes ago, burmel said:

That is my guess too.  People should know that quite a number of K Visa Applicants are reporting their cases are "In Transit" from NVC to the Consulate.

cannot wait for the IL letters to be out, have been waiting everyday. hopefully they cover a good amount of dates. I am DQed April 10th, 2020. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.