Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
15 hours ago, rafale1973 said:

For those who has cross the border by land and brought their household stuff with them, did you fill out a form of your items for the border agent? List a list. If so what is the form you guys used? Or did you guys only wrote a list not using any form ? 

We just made a spreadsheet list with all of the contents.  The border agent basically skimmed it and handed it back.  It was pretty detailed, so I think he figured whatever.  Someone else just went through recently...I can't remember who though.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, mam521 said:

We just made a spreadsheet list with all of the contents.  The border agent basically skimmed it and handed it back.  It was pretty detailed, so I think he figured whatever.  Someone else just went through recently...I can't remember who though.  

I was told by a border officer (off-duty) a long long time ago something along the lines of "a lot of my job is just making sure the people coming through actually take the (removed) border seriously" since a lot of people treat it like a fast food drive-thru :(.  I'm pretty sure nobody involved in this process treats it like that or ever will haha.

Edited by Ontarkie
by-passing language filter

Timeline
49 minutes ago, Hawk Riders said:

What you're asking for now is a "Criminal Record Check for Personal Use," "Other."

See spreadsheet tab for details...

Sorry, I don't understand. When I called the police station again and told her it needs to say "RCMP national repository entire holdings" she says that's where it's being sent to. I asked her if we can just add it somewhere, or put "privacy act: other" but she said there's no where on the digital fingerprint system to add details. She told me to come in today and do the paper fingerprints and but there's no details space on it either,  and I need to mail it in myself to Ottawa. I'm so confused I don't know what I'm doing wrong and no one seems to understand what I need done. I even called CCRTIS for help but their offices are closed.

Edited by Wanderist

1 hour ago, mam521 said:

@rafale1973 we crossed the border last month we had a list written on paper by hand and a uhual. Neither things got checked. 

Timeline
26 minutes ago, legendqueue said:

What day is Potential Interview Date-mas this month?

Mid-December? Somewhere between 14th and 18th. I think. I hope.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, bcollins94 said:

Has anyone received an interview letter since November 16th?

They come monthly, per regular procedure. Eyes open for next week!

1 hour ago, Wanderist said:

it needs to say "RCMP national repository entire holdings" 

Nope. That's the language *you* use when making the request; the document doesn't state that.

1 hour ago, Wanderist said:

I'm so confused I don't know what I'm doing wrong and no one seems to understand what I need done.

You get your fingerprints taken for the background check... Digital or paper, someone should have a box to mark for Privacy Act Personal Use, with the subtype Other insofar as reason for request goes. Most documents have come back (and been accepted) reading "Other: (provide details)" without anyone having filled in or otherwise specified details. It's not a problem.

The Commissionaires have their act together, if going to one of their offices is an option for you...

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline

Quick update on the medical with Dr. Zatzman. Apparently, they don't send an email confirmation to everyone when results are submitted electronically to the Consulate. I did not receive an email confirming that results were sent, but called their office today for an update (since we had been waiting 7 business days). The office said that my husband's results were already submitted since Dec 6th. I asked for a confirmation email, but they said there was no need for one since the results were already submitted. SO ODD - especially because others mentioned they received a confirmation email! I wonder why they wouldn't send us an email confirmation. I hope the Consulate has my husband's results, but I will have my husband bring the medical receipts and email from the office stating his results were submitted on Dec 6th for proof. 🙏

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Lovepeace0303 said:

Quick update on the medical with Dr. Zatzman. Apparently, they don't send an email confirmation to everyone when results are submitted electronically to the Consulate. I did not receive an email confirming that results were sent, but called their office today for an update (since we had been waiting 7 business days). The office said that my husband's results were already submitted since Dec 6th. I asked for a confirmation email, but they said there was no need for one since the results were already submitted. SO ODD - especially because others mentioned they received a confirmation email! I wonder why they wouldn't send us an email confirmation. I hope the Consulate has my husband's results, but I will have my husband bring the medical receipts and email from the office stating his results were submitted on Dec 6th for proof. 🙏

Did you book your appointment online or by calling?  Dr. Zatzman specifically checked my email address while I was in the room with him to ensure I would get an email confirmation. It seemed like it was a fairly new procedure for them, so it could have been easily missed. 

Timeline
53 minutes ago, wordsfromdani said:

Did you book your appointment online or by calling?  Dr. Zatzman specifically checked my email address while I was in the room with him to ensure I would get an email confirmation. It seemed like it was a fairly new procedure for them, so it could have been easily missed. 

Yes! We booked the appt online and my husband said Dr. Zatzman asked him the same to provide and confirm his email address.

There must be some sort of miscommunication between him and his office staff. The lady on the phone part of his office staff said I wouldn’t get a confirmation email (I told her Zatzman said we would and confirmed our email). She said I see it’s been submitted via emedical, so the Consulate has it and you won’t need anything else. I don’t know what else I can do at this point? She said she could not send me an email confirmation. I’m just going to print out the email where the office replies results were sent on Dec 6th. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, Lovepeace0303 said:

Yes! We booked the appt online and my husband said Dr. Zatzman asked him the same to provide and confirm his email address.

There must be some sort of miscommunication between him and his office staff. The lady on the phone part of his office staff said I wouldn’t get a confirmation email (I told her Zatzman said we would and confirmed our email). She said I see it’s been submitted via emedical, so the Consulate has it and you won’t need anything else. I don’t know what else I can do at this point? She said she could not send me an email confirmation. I’m just going to print out the email where the office replies results were sent on Dec 6th. 

The consulate didn’t ask me for anything about the medical. It’s either in their system or it is not. So dont worry too much about not having a confirmation. 

21 hours ago, rafale1973 said:

For those who has cross the border by land and brought their household stuff with them, did you fill out a form of your items for the border agent? List a list. If so what is the form you guys used? Or did you guys only wrote a list not using any form ? 

Are you bringing it yourself, or using a company like PODS? I spoke to the land border I’m going to be crossing and they said if you’re using a service and you won’t have the items with you in your vehicle/trailer, you need to fill out form 3299 that can be found online! But if you’re just bringing everything yourself just the spreadsheet or written list is fine

Timeline
1 hour ago, Dbrennan said:

Are you bringing it yourself, or using a company like PODS? I spoke to the land border I’m going to be crossing and they said if you’re using a service and you won’t have the items with you in your vehicle/trailer, you need to fill out form 3299 that can be found online! But if you’re just bringing everything yourself just the spreadsheet or written list is fine

Bringing it myself. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.