Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 minutes ago, wordsfromdani said:

Woooooo! We changed to ISSUEd - Final Processing this afternoon, the day after our interview.   I haven't seen tracking information come through yet.  Is there a place online I'm suppose to look? I see this link but it has a 404 error for me. https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-CA/selfservice/us_courrier_information

You will get an email with tracking. 
I had my interview on December 2nd and tracking was only sent yesterday. 

Timeline

I'm getting SO nervous! My husband had his medical with Dr. Zatzman on Nov 30th. It's been 6 business days and his results have not yet been sent to the Consulate electronically. I'm hoping they send them before our interview next Monday (his office said to wait 8 business days). It's crazy that their process varies so much - some people get their results sent after a few days and for others it takes longer! I've learned to definitely do the medical at least 2-3 weeks before your interview date (if you have the luxury of doing so) to avoid any timing issues. Anyone else have experience with Dr. Zatzman and how long did it take for your results to be sent electronically? 🙏

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Lovepeace0303 said:

I'm getting SO nervous! My husband had his medical with Dr. Zatzman on Nov 30th. It's been 6 business days and his results have not yet been sent to the Consulate electronically. I'm hoping they send them before our interview next Monday (his office said to wait 8 business days). It's crazy that their process varies so much - some people get their results sent after a few days and for others it takes longer! I've learned to definitely do the medical at least 2-3 weeks before your interview date (if you have the luxury of doing so) to avoid any timing issues. Anyone else have experience with Dr. Zatzman and how long did it take for your results to be sent electronically? 🙏

Had medical with Zatzman Nov 20, had an e-mail that results had been sent on the 25th.  Keep in mind if the lab is backed up it might take longer for them to process your results. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, wordsfromdani said:

Had medical with Zatzman Nov 20, had an e-mail that results had been sent on the 25th.  Keep in mind if the lab is backed up it might take longer for them to process your results. 

Yes! That's what I'm thinking as well. Is there an additional delay from when the Dr. sends the results to when the Consulate receives them or do they receive it right away? Really hoping my husband's results get sent on time. I REALLY don't want to wait any longer and get this process over with...

Timeline
1 hour ago, Atyree9 said:

Interview is next week, what random thing are we forgetting?

I think our interview is on the same day! I keep thinking the same thing. I feel prepared, but let’s hope we don’t miss anything! All that’s left for us is the medical to be sent to the Consulate ughhhh Lol 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Lovepeace0303 said:

I think our interview is on the same day! I keep thinking the same thing. I feel prepared, but let’s hope we don’t miss anything! All that’s left for us is the medical to be sent to the Consulate ughhhh Lol 

If you see a nervous looking fellow, that is my husband lol I keep going over our proof of relationship and I feel like it isn’t enough. There’s 30 pictures, FB statuses acknowledging our wedding, anniversary, etc., and we have children together. I hope they think it’s enough.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Atyree9 said:

If you see a nervous looking fellow, that is my husband lol I keep going over our proof of relationship and I feel like it isn’t enough. There’s 30 pictures, FB statuses acknowledging our wedding, anniversary, etc., and we have children together. I hope they think it’s enough.

Haha my husband is interviewing as well (prob just as nervous). I’ve heard they don’t even ask for proof of relationship apart from the main original documents. I’m sure it’s going to be fine! Hope it’s approvals and good news for the both of us on Monday. Good luck! 🙏🏽😊

Timeline
1 minute ago, Lovepeace0303 said:

Haha my husband is interviewing as well (prob just as nervous). I’ve heard they don’t even ask for proof of relationship apart from the main original documents. I’m sure it’s going to be fine! Hope it’s approvals and good news for the both of us on Monday. Good luck! 🙏🏽😊

Yes! Good luck to you, too.

Timeline

For those who has cross the border by land and brought their household stuff with them, did you fill out a form of your items for the border agent? List a list. If so what is the form you guys used? Or did you guys only wrote a list not using any form ? 

Timeline
11 hours ago, wordsfromdani said:

Hi - this won't impact your timeline at all.

If your wife is at her new address BEFORE your case leaves NVC for Montreal (i.e. before you get an interview date) simply fill out an inquiry form with NVC and provide the new address: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html You should get a-mail confirmation that you changed the address within a 2-3 weeks of sending that information.

If your wife is at her new address AFTER your case leaves NVC for Montreal. Bring proof of the new address (rental agreement/mortgage agreement with her name and address, utility bills with her name etc.) and be prepared to provide it during the interview.  You may also want to have an updated I-864 affidavit of support that reflects her new address, you might not need it but better safe than sorry. 

Thanks for the information and the link. I have posted them as per your information. Hope for the best. God bless :)

Timeline

Hi again everyone! 

I’m still trying to get my police certificate sorted out. For anyone that did theirs after November 1 2020, did you specifically put “RCMP national repository entire holdings”? When I told the lady to at the police station she said that’s where everything was going so she didn’t put it. Is that why my certificate is under subtype active criminal record? 

I also found this on the RCMP website, should I go back today and put this on the form or the thing above that’s on the NVC website or both? 

Thanks! 

3D3BD97F-4998-49EB-98E6-7DB89FACEBA5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Wanderist said:

[image removed]

What you're asking for now is a "Criminal Record Check for Personal Use," "Other."

See spreadsheet tab for details...

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.