Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 12/6/2020 at 11:20 AM, Akaur said:

Hi guys just received greencard in mail today! 
Started process: Jan 08 2019

dqd: December 24 2019 

interview: November 2 2020 

Visa and passport came: November 5 2020

crossed border November 7 2020 

Ssn card came November 13 2020

Greencard came December 6 2020

thanks to everyone for their support and guidance! Hoping everyone a speedy interview and reunion with their family!! 

Oh man, I crossed the day after you, also to Washington, and also had Texas as our service center and my green card still says fee was received. You are so lucky that everything arrived so quickly! Maybe we'll get a surprise in the mail tomorrow haha :P 

Edited by DGF

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

25 minutes ago, DGF said:

Oh man, I crossed the day after you, also to Washington, and also had Texas as our service center and my green card still says fee was received. You are so lucky that everything arrived so quickly! Maybe we'll get a surprise in the mail tomorrow haha :P 

I didn’t even know there was a way to check status! Lol hopefully it comes in mail today or tomorrow! Let us know! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
35 minutes ago, rafale1973 said:

My appointment was at 10h30 this morning so I arrived around 10h25

Wow crazy the difference in how long we were there on the same day.  Congratulations! Looks like I left just after you came in. 

Timeline

Hi,

I am completely new to this group. I am DQ'd in Feb 5th, 2020. My interview is schedule this December 11th and I am gathering all my documents to get ready.

My only concern is that my husband filed tax return extension for 2019.

We were married in 2018 and he filed tax return in 2018 separately. However, we decided to file jointly in 2019 and the pandemic hit. I did not have ITIN at that time. Without passport or certified copy of passport it seemed impossible to get ITIN. My husband spoke to his accountant and did rough calculation saying we did not owe any money to the government. We decided to wait until I moved to US to file the tax as I have been waiting for an interview for a long time.

I do have my husband's W2 for 2019, pay stubs and the extension request letter. I am very nervous if I need to delay my interview just for this tax report. I am getting more mixed messages when I do research. Anyone had the experience? Where should I call for more information? Thank you! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, wordsfromdani said:

Wow crazy the difference in how long we were there on the same day.  Congratulations! Looks like I left just after you came in. 

Yeah you got called up just I was giving my passport at the window five. You were the only other french name I heard ahahha 

Timeline
1 hour ago, jjiplaya said:

So just to be sure (not familiar with Montreal)  the Consulate is at 1134 Rue St. Catherine West, next to the Royal bank, conveniently with no signage on it, right?

Yes, that is the place. You will see two gigantic nutcracker outside the building on the street that will help you find the place. ;) 

Timeline
15 hours ago, exp said:

Done.

However, the section "National Visa Center Processing" is a bit confusing and I am not sure what most of these dates mean. My case is DQ, I think it is done at the NVC and forwarded to the embassy.

I would also like to be added to the spreadsheet. I have completed my timeline @Hawk Riders

Timeline
2 hours ago, rafale1973 said:

My appointment was at 10h30 this morning so I arrived around 10h25. I waiting a bit outside as the first agent at the door was busy with someone else. Once that person came out I went. He asked me some question about COVID, then I went through security, I was alone so it was pretty quick and easy. They put my car key in a locker and gave me the key for the locker. Then I was directed to the first floor. Upstairs, I went to one of the window that was mentioned to me downstairs. They took my passport and told me to go sit until they call my name. Waited for maybe 15 minutes then was called up. This time, the man asked for my birth certificate (as I have a french one I also gave the english translation), my marriage certificate. He asked me what job I intend to do once in the USA and saw on the computer that my husband is in Canada with a study permit. The man had computer problem so he got quiet, which made me a bit nervous, then after a moment he told me to change window to work on a different computer. After that, he asked me to see my father-in-laws tax return, pay stub and W2. He totally didn't seems to care at all about my husband financial and my mother-in-law. He only took the statement of my husband explaining why he didn't file taxes for 2017,2018 and 2019. They took my finger prints and once he had all documents he told me to go sit and wait to be called up again. 

I might have waited for half and hour to be called up again. To this window, the man complemented me on my organization and saying my husband would love this. He gave me back my birth certificate and marriage license. I was asked the following questions: 

• When did you meet?
  • Where are you going to live when entering the USA?
  • What does my father-in-law for a living?
  • The longest I have been in the USA?
  • What job will my husband look for once back in USA?

After that, he gave me the welcome to USA letter and told me to contact the border where I will cross to let them know that I will be coming. He asked me if I had any question, which I asked him what can I do to be able to take my husband name as the Province of Quebec doesn't authorize me to take it. 

They never asked for my husband's study visa, even when I told them that we graduated back in June.

I'm just so glad that after two years, it's finally over. Finally Approved!

Did you have to show any proof of ties with the US for your husband ? My wife (US citizen, as a student now working) is living here in Montreal, Canada as well, and I keep reading about how hard it can be to get approved at the embassy when the US citizen is not already in the US.

Timeline
30 minutes ago, T&S_MTL said:

Did you have to show any proof of ties with the US for your husband ? My wife (US citizen, as a student now working) is living here in Montreal, Canada as well, and I keep reading about how hard it can be to get approved at the embassy when the US citizen is not already in the US.

No, but they could have check what I submitted to NVC in January. I submitted bank statements, copy of his visa, voter card. But at the interview they didn’t ask to see any of the papers. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.