IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kimchi said:

What I had and was accepted: 

Type: criminal record check for personal use

sub type : other (provide details) 

so it looks like the one posted on this page by @Wanderist is correct EXCEPT for the subtype. ”Other” type includes youth charges and I think that is why it is the right one. 

Yes.

You and I are on the same page. 

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

On 12/4/2020 at 6:42 PM, Hawk Riders said:

About these new RCMP standards: I suspect NVC may be looking for "Other" to appear beside "Type of Criminal Record Check for Personal Use."

The update email states the application type is renamed although the subtypes remain the same...

My $.02USD

To jump on the bandwagon of questioning police checks, upon looking at all of the information again, I feel like mine won't be accepted in the interview at this point, even though NVC accepted it. 

On mine it says "Privacy Act Request Type: For Non-certified Criminal information"

I don't know how I missed this detail in May last year, but apparently I did. Do y'all think it would be safest to just go order a new one? It expires in May anyway. 

I'm freaking out!! For those who have visited the USA while awaiting their interview. Was it a smooth cross over?? I just need my husband for a few months for the birth of our child 😭 I just dont want to jeopardize anything with the interview or the whole application... I'm so worried this will screw things up, but I seriously need him. Please, any advice for someone who has successfully crossed or anyone who has been denied and is still fine?? 

1 hour ago, Meghan.brooke said:

I'm freaking out!! For those who have visited the USA while awaiting their interview. Was it a smooth cross over?? I just need my husband for a few months for the birth of our child 😭 I just dont want to jeopardize anything with the interview or the whole application... I'm so worried this will screw things up, but I seriously need him. Please, any advice for someone who has successfully crossed or anyone who has been denied and is still fine?? 

I crossed the border many times and had no issues!! I brought a “proof envelope” every time which showed my ties to Canada (NOA letter from immigration, car payment statement, letter from employer saying he was expecting me back to work on a certain day etc). Even during the pandemic I’ve personally had no issues crossing over, you should be fine as long as you can prove ties to Canada. The worst they can say is no!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, Meghan.brooke said:

It’s going to be okay. I just prepared for my interview so I can give you some numbers. In 2020, I have spent 125 days visiting in the U.S. one trip was 72 days that other trip was 53 days.  In 2019, I spent 99 days in the U.S with split across 5 trip.  I filed my petition in Nov 2018, so all of those trips were while I’ve been in this process.  In addition, I was unemployed and didn’t own or rent a house for at least 5 of those trips.  For several for those I didn’t have or a return ticket or crossed by land. All those things indicate it *could* have been difficult for me, but it never was. I was pulled into secondary once and had to explain my ties to Canada - it was scary but they were nice and I didn’t take much to explain what I’d do on the trip and when I’d be back. 

Our immigration status hasn’t stopped me from traveling to visit, I just prepare differently. Have proof of ties and intent to return, and make sure your husband is prepared to explain the situation calmly and make a clear case that he will return. In all likelihood, the only questions he will be asked are where are you going (city, state), why are you going there (to visit my wife), how long do you plan to stay (insert time). How much luggage do you have (less luggage is a good indicator to them that you aren’t planning to stay).  Okay, have a nice day - hands passport back. 

It is going to be okay. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, Akaur said:

Hi guys just received greencard in mail today! 
Started process: Jan 08 2019

dqd: December 24 2019 

interview: November 2 2020 

Visa and passport came: November 5 2020

crossed border November 7 2020 

Ssn card came November 13 2020

Greencard came December 6 2020

thanks to everyone for their support and guidance! Hoping everyone a speedy interview and reunion with their family!! 

Thanks for your update. If you don’t mind sharing where in the states you moved to. This can give us an idea on the timeline for greencard.  

Timeline
6 hours ago, exp said:

How to get my data onto https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LvnDvX95_tfWtTvsJJM49PDPPvPKal0WG2rgdZHhsz0/edit#gid=255923754   ?

Happy to add one more datapoint.

I just tried to send PM to Hawk Riders but I got the error "You cannot send messages to this user"

...please start by completing your timeline here https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=376555

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline
8 hours ago, Akaur said:

crossed border November 7 2020 

Greencard came December 6 2020

...ours still says in production. Fee paid 14 Oct & border crossed 21 Oct.

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Canada.gif

2 hours ago, Hawk Riders said:

...please start by completing your timeline here https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=376555

Done.

However, the section "National Visa Center Processing" is a bit confusing and I am not sure what most of these dates mean. My case is DQ, I think it is done at the NVC and forwarded to the embassy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.