Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

Timeline
45 minutes ago, Lovepeace0303 said:

My husband had to do a blood test to check for immunity since he didn't have any vaccine records. His family doctor was able to complete that test (got results in 7 days from the lab) and they administered the vaccines he needed. He ended up having to get ALL of the required ones. I would highly recommend to get this done with your family doctor to help save you some money. My husband just had to pay for one of the vaccines out of pocket. I'm SO glad we got it done earlier with his family doctor, because turns out that Dr. Zatzman does not administer the vaccines in the first place. I've also heard the medical doctors that do administer them charge quite a bit for each vaccine. During the medical appt, my husband brought his new immunization record card his family doctor provided showing all the completed vaccines and was accepted. 

Great, I just did the tieter test to check my immunity and I had to take the TB shoot. Trying to get it done so I’m not rushing. Thanks for the advice

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
38 minutes ago, pooj97 said:

Hey! Regarding the gap year question, was that on a J1 visa? I’m wondering because my fiancé will be having his interview hopefully soon and I wanted to know if Montreal asks about the J1 at all

Consider posting that query in a K1 thread... standards may differ.

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 11/25/2020 at 1:45 PM, Lovenature said:

Approved! My son and I are on the train heading home now.

...passport ETA?

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, SASAS said:

there is an aritzia across the street and the second floor looks into the consulate. So I shopped and glanced over a few times 😬

Omg haha that's smart! Congratulations on the approval :) 

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Templates said:

Can anyone help please  on how to obtain a quick police certificate in Canada 🙏🏾

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/canada.html

You can book an appointment at RCMP. Following your visit at RCMP for biometrics, it usually takes approx. 10 business days to receive it.

More info is available on the FAQ: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/edit

Edited by Hoffmaya

Timeline

We are DQ may 14. My husband got Canadian work permit after completing study. He got stuck in india due to COVID. He is waiting for passport stamping so he can get back to Canada. Going through 2 different immigration process has been nightmare. And I m freaming out that if we get Jan interview date and if we don't get any news from Canada, i don't know what we will do. Its just been chain of obstacle with Canadian process. I just can wait to be done.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Skaur0609 said:

We are DQ may 14. My husband got Canadian work permit after completing study. He got stuck in india due to COVID. He is waiting for passport stamping so he can get back to Canada. Going through 2 different immigration process has been nightmare. And I m freaming out that if we get Jan interview date and if we don't get any news from Canada, i don't know what we will do. Its just been chain of obstacle with Canadian process. I just can wait to be done.

People have delayed their interviews due to other issues. If he hasn't been allowed back just let the consulate know your position and you can buy yourself some time. At the moment it does look like you would be getting a January date but no one here should count their chickens before they hatch haha. A shutdown or large number of people not on VJ filling slots could change that. Every interview day that goes by without the consulate shutting down again is encouraging. But ya my advice would be just wait and see what happens and if and when you get your IL you can decide your best course of action at that time.

Timeline

Just to be sure, my interview is next Monday and I would like to know. Do I need to bring a copy of all my original document too or they only want the originals? 

Timeline
36 minutes ago, rafale1973 said:

Just to be sure, my interview is next Monday and I would like to know. Do I need to bring a copy of all my original document too or they only want the originals? 

The rules say to bring originals and copies but they only ask for originals at the interview. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, rafale1973 said:

Bring original + copy. 

Timeline
15 hours ago, rafale1973 said:

Just curious when we’re you DQ’d ? As I was in April. I know there’s a back long but just want to see if I should renew my police certificate. Thanks 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Stylereveal said:

Just curious when we’re you DQ’d ? As I was in April. I know there’s a back long but just want to see if I should renew my police certificate. Thanks 

I was DQ on January 11. You can check the spreadsheet to follow and have a better idea of when you might get a letter.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.