Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, Cath&Claire said:

Oh so you think we might see January dates tomorrow? 

Oh good gods no.

Those people are interviewing tomorrow!

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Hawk Riders said:

Oh good gods no.

Those people are interviewing tomorrow!

Ahhhh ok! I saw SASS and got it mixed up with AMSAL, which is where the spreadsheet is at.  So glad people are finally having their interviews and can get to their families. 🤸‍♀️🥳  

I do hope the scheduling continues, soon!  🤞🏻

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Stylereveal said:

Does anyone know where to get records of your vaccinations as an adult in the Toronto area if you can’t find them? Or do you have to take the shoots again. 

Speak with your family doctor or the public health unit in which you lived at the time of vaccination, they may have an electronic record of your vaccination history. If you do not have that, you can request your Doctor perform a titer test, which will check for antibodies generated from your childhood vaccinations to prove immunity. The results of a titer test would be accepted in lieu of a vaccination record by the panel (immigrations) physician. 

33 minutes ago, wordsfromdani said:

Speak with your family doctor or the public health unit in which you lived at the time of vaccination, they may have an electronic record of your vaccination history. If you do not have that, you can request your Doctor perform a titer test, which will check for antibodies generated from your childhood vaccinations to prove immunity. The results of a titer test would be accepted in lieu of a vaccination record by the panel (immigrations) physician. 

This. My health unit did not have the 30 year old records but I had my titres done. Good thing since I needed a new MMR. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
2 hours ago, wordsfromdani said:

Thank you 

2 hours ago, NikLR said:

This. My health unit did not have the 30 year old records but I had my titres done. Good thing since I needed a new MMR. 

Thank you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
55 minutes ago, Stylereveal said:

Thank you 

Thank you

My husband had to do a blood test to check for immunity since he didn't have any vaccine records. His family doctor was able to complete that test (got results in 7 days from the lab) and they administered the vaccines he needed. He ended up having to get ALL of the required ones. I would highly recommend to get this done with your family doctor to help save you some money. My husband just had to pay for one of the vaccines out of pocket. I'm SO glad we got it done earlier with his family doctor, because turns out that Dr. Zatzman does not administer the vaccines in the first place. I've also heard the medical doctors that do administer them charge quite a bit for each vaccine. During the medical appt, my husband brought his new immunization record card his family doctor provided showing all the completed vaccines and was accepted. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Dbrennan said:

Hi everyone!! Just wanted to post about my interview this morning!

I stayed at Novotel, about a five minute walk to the consulate. I got to the consulate a few minutes before 7:55 and was let in one at a time with the other 8:00 applicants by the security guard. I just had my document folder, my jacket and a few cards in my pocket that all went through the scanner. I went up the elevator and waited a few minutes to do the first part of the interview with the documents. I was asked for my passport, original birth certificate and marriage certificate, my affidavit of support, and one of my two passport photos. I took a few minutes longer at this stage than the others there because my husband and I recently bought a house and the employee was having a hard time finding our new address (it is pretty hard to hear each other through both the glass and now also masks), and he also couldn’t find my medical results (sent electronically by cheemas office) so he was talking to another employee about it. The first stage probably was about 10-15 mins for me, and then I sat down and waited to be called up for the interview portion. The woman was sooooo nice that I got to speak to, she just asked me basic questions like my husbands name, how did we meet, what does he do for work, what’s the longest I’ve stayed in the states. One thing I would recommend bringing that could be helpful is a previous passport if you’ve changed your name. When she asked me about my longest stay I told her about the gap year program I was in (where I met my husband) and she wanted to know what type of visa I entered the country on so I’m definitely happy I ended up bringing the old passport with me. The interview ended with her telling me I was technically refused because my medical had not been received yet (I received an email from cheemas office a few days ago saying it was electronically sent but the interviewer said it can take a couple of days to show up in the consulates system), but I will be approved when they receive the medical results! She still ended up giving me the sheet for tracking the visa and she said she thinks it won’t take too long and she kept my passport as well, so I’ve just been telling friends and family I’m “unofficially approved” haha. Walked back to my hotel and called my husband at 9:11 am so I was basically there for an hour! If anybody has any questions feel free to message me!!

edit: forgot to mention I was also asked for my police certificate! 

Hey! Regarding the gap year question, was that on a J1 visa? I’m wondering because my fiancé will be having his interview hopefully soon and I wanted to know if Montreal asks about the J1 at all

5 minutes ago, pooj97 said:

Hey! Regarding the gap year question, was that on a J1 visa? I’m wondering because my fiancé will be having his interview hopefully soon and I wanted to know if Montreal asks about the J1 at all

It was on two B1 visas! I was in my program from September to December, went home for Christmas, then went back from January to June. I think she just wanted to make sure it was just a normal B1 visa 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.