Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

you know, i'm sitting here thinking with december looming around the corner, how rotten french toast this christmas is going to be for a lot of us. in my case i'm entirely alone. my mother and step-dad can't come in from port hope, my husband's in georgia, and i'm immuno-compromised so i can't exactly go outside all willy-nilly, even with a mask on. before covid, we were [all, most likely here], looking at a hopeful christmas home with our families in the states [or vise-versa]. for me it's my husband and our 3 cats that i had waiting for me. all my things are down in georgia, and it's really hard to have nothing but a bed, a garbage bag of clothes, and a laptop where i'm at currently to make me feel "at home" as possible and don't even get me started on how much this has affected our finances [student loans suck, btw].... 

honestly, i just want a hug. you know the hugs you get from your mom? or your partner? that make everything ok even though you've got "ugly crying face" going on? yeah. those. i just want our lives to start, and not be dragged back by the fear of another lockdown/closure and stuff. sorry for the rant, but given a lot of us are in the same boat together, i feel as if, apart from my husband, there really isn't many in the real world who would understand the heartache.

i attached a picture of the twins. black cat is not photo friendly but i hope yall get thru this.

one day at a time.

20200601_191306.jpg

Timeline
12 hours ago, Hawk Riders said:

This is covered on p6 of the FAQ document, maintained by @DGF, linked in both their & my signatures...

Thank you for the info 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Cressidia said:

you know, i'm sitting here thinking with december looming around the corner, how rotten french toast this christmas is going to be for a lot of us. in my case i'm entirely alone. my mother and step-dad can't come in from port hope, my husband's in georgia, and i'm immuno-compromised so i can't exactly go outside all willy-nilly, even with a mask on. before covid, we were [all, most likely here], looking at a hopeful christmas home with our families in the states [or vise-versa]. for me it's my husband and our 3 cats that i had waiting for me. all my things are down in georgia, and it's really hard to have nothing but a bed, a garbage bag of clothes, and a laptop where i'm at currently to make me feel "at home" as possible and don't even get me started on how much this has affected our finances [student loans suck, btw].... 

honestly, i just want a hug. you know the hugs you get from your mom? or your partner? that make everything ok even though you've got "ugly crying face" going on? yeah. those. i just want our lives to start, and not be dragged back by the fear of another lockdown/closure and stuff. sorry for the rant, but given a lot of us are in the same boat together, i feel as if, apart from my husband, there really isn't many in the real world who would understand the heartache.

i attached a picture of the twins. black cat is not photo friendly but i hope yall get thru this.

one day at a time.

20200601_191306.jpg

I wish you all the best and a quick turn around for you and that you can start your life asap with your husband. Yes a lot of us understand what you're feeling and like you said one day at a time. Beautiful cats i have a white one and he helps pass the time. Hang in there and hopefully everything goes quick for you. 

13 hours ago, wordsfromdani said:

I would suggest looking at this part of Dr.Zatzman’s website as it describes in detail what you need. I’ve selected the vaccination requirements for age 18-64, but he has separate sections by age. 

I’m a nutshell you need to be up to date on: 

- tetanus diphtheria

- MMR (measles, mumps and rubella)

- chickenpox (vaccination or a verbal deceleration that you had the disease as a kid)

- influenza (if your interview is in flu season) 

Thank you very much for the help 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Cressidia said:

one day at a time.

@Cressidia, I hope YOU can get through this too. I'm really sorry that you have to go through this mess, and face Christmas separated from your husband and your parents.  It sucks, I hate it for all of us and wish we could change it.

This forum is here as an outlet for our feelings, just as much as it is a place to find information. Please use it when you need to, and always feel welcome to PM me if you need a chat.  One day at a time, is a good motto for all of us. 

Sending virtual HUGS, the kind that hold you up when you cry and allow a bit of relief to pass into you.  

Edited by wordsfromdani

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
48 minutes ago, Cressidia said:

20200601_191306.jpg

...adorable

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

[Cross-posted] Medical turn around update...

Physician: Dr Zatzman (Vaughan)
Medical Date: Friday, Nov 20 at 9am; complete by 11am.
Notice that results have been sent on e-medical to Consulate: Wednesday, Nov 25 at 11:30am. 

Edited by wordsfromdani

Timeline
56 minutes ago, Meghan.brooke said:

Hey! Has anyone had their spouse cross the us border to stay with them for 6 months? If so, how did the crossing go? Did you need proof of anything? I'm having pregnancy complications and I'm no longer able to travel :(

Yes. It went extremely well but was nerve wracking. I would recommend getting the app for quarantining. Also have your spouse have the physical marriage certificate. Other than that a passport and everything you need to fill out is at the airport. That being said the agents told my wife multiple times to not be stressed or nervous as she is doing nothing wrong they are just confirming that we were married. They actually gave my wife a year long visa. I doubt we will use it at this point but good to have the option.

55 minutes ago, jackanddeona said:

Yes. It went extremely well but was nerve wracking. I would recommend getting the app for quarantining. Also have your spouse have the physical marriage certificate. Other than that a passport and everything you need to fill out is at the airport. That being said the agents told my wife multiple times to not be stressed or nervous as she is doing nothing wrong they are just confirming that we were married. They actually gave my wife a year long visa. I doubt we will use it at this point but good to have the option.

Oh wow! This is crossing into the US??

Timeline
2 hours ago, wordsfromdani said:

Notice that results have been sent on e-medical to Consulate: Wednesday, Nov 25 at 11:30am. 

Amazing - thank you for sharing. My husband has his medical on Monday, so this gives us a good sense of timeline! Appreciate the update! 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Meghan.brooke said:

Hey! Has anyone had their spouse cross the us border to stay with them for 6 months? If so, how did the crossing go? Did you need proof of anything? I'm having pregnancy complications and I'm no longer able to travel :(

Yes! I came from USA to Canada to be with my spouse BUT I traveled by air. I presented our physical ORIGINAL marriage certificate. The customs officer actually asked quite a few questions (sort of unexpected). Like how long I'm visiting for (I said 2 months) and how long have we been living apart (I said since marriage lol). I did mention that my husband is in the process of immigrating to the USA and we're waiting for his interview (which is why we're still living apart/separately). After that, he seemed to be fine and let us go through. It was an interesting experience! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Meghan.brooke said:

Oh wow! This is crossing into the US??

Oh I'm sorry I assumed you meant in to Canada. Crossing in to the USA is different. From what I have read you have to fly and I am not sure on the quarantine requirements etc. I'm sure there are other people with actual experiences that could advise you better.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Meghan.brooke said:

My last two visits to the US were 5 and 3 months respectively, though neither were planned to be as long as they were (4 days and 1 month originally). The only documentation I've ever had to show was my NOA1/NOA2 (which was all I had at the time, I'd bring more if you have it). I was asked to verbally confirm if I had a return ticket a few times but never asked to show it even when I offered. Given how unpredictable interview scheduling is right now it might work out better to plan for him to visit for less time and then push his return flight if necessary.

I hope everything is ok with your pregnancy!

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

3 hours ago, wordsfromdani said:

Does this mean the results were received by the consulate after five days? My medical is tomorrow morning and my interview is dec 2 so I’m stressed haha 

55 minutes ago, DGF said:

My last two visits to the US were 5 and 3 months respectively, though neither were planned to be as long as they were (4 days and 1 month originally). The only documentation I've ever had to show was my NOA1/NOA2 (which was all I had at the time, I'd bring more if you have it). I was asked to verbally confirm if I had a return ticket a few times but never asked to show it even when I offered. Given how unpredictable interview scheduling is right now it might work out better to plan for him to visit for less time and then push his return flight if necessary.

I hope everything is ok with your pregnancy!

Thank you so much! And yeah I'm going to try and expedite our case for my health because I'm put on bedrest now and cant work. Thanks again!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.