Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I may have totally missed this, but do we need to fill out the Public Charge form filled and bring to interview? FAQ says to bring it just in case, but I'm thinking if I should even bother filling it out/bringing it if it's not necessary or even being checked. Thanks for the help! 🙏

Timeline
2 hours ago, Lovepeace0303 said:

I may have totally missed this, but do we need to fill out the Public Charge form filled and bring to interview? FAQ says to bring it just in case, but I'm thinking if I should even bother filling it out/bringing it if it's not necessary or even being checked. Thanks for the help! 🙏

I wasn't asked for it during my interview (November 9th), and I don't think anyone else has been asked for it either. The most recent info is that it's not currently required, and in fact I don't think the form is even available for download from the official government website anymore. (Which is a pretty good indication that they wouldn't be asking for it.) 

BUT the lawyer I spoke with said he is still advising his clients to have it filled out just in case. His reasoning was that it isn't being asked for because of a court order, but those things can change very quickly. There is a possibility they will start asking for it in the near future, so it is best just to have it with you incase the rules change, e.g., the day before your interview. The general advice for bringing anything to your interview is that it is better to have something you don't need than it is to not have something you do need. 

For reference: 

From the official government website: 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/update-on-public-charge.html

>  Applicants are not required to complete nor should they present the DS-5540, Public Charge Questionnaire.

And this is the old link to the form, which just shows it as unavailable: 

ds5540.PDF

Timeline
7 hours ago, eketros said:

I wasn't asked for it during my interview (November 9th), and I don't think anyone else has been asked for it either. The most recent info is that it's not currently required, and in fact I don't think the form is even available for download from the official government website anymore. (Which is a pretty good indication that they wouldn't be asking for it).

Thank you for the detailed response! My husband’s interview is in Dec, so I’ll monitor that website in case anything changes before then (highly doubt it). Appreciate the help! 🙏🏽☺️

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, SASAS said:

Do we need recent paystubs and/or proof of income for 2020? 

2019 tax return or transcript... other proof if US taxes not applicable 

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Lovepeace0303 said:

Thank you for the detailed response! My husband’s interview is in Dec, so I’ll monitor that website in case anything changes before then (highly doubt it). Appreciate the help! 🙏🏽☺️

...as long as the US is in the covid state of emergency, per filed injunction, the public charge determination is at (IIRC) 1999 policy. I posted about this quite a while back. Fortunately, as a public forum thread, that's a searchable feature! 

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline
59 minutes ago, wordsfromdani said:

Throughout the exam he was very nice and very talkative. He really made you feel at ease, we even googled something to check a hockey stat that come up during our conversation.

The most important question. What was the hockey stat about!?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, jackanddeona said:

The most important question. What was the hockey stat about!?

When an old Montreal Canadiens player was active in the league, and if I was related to him ahaha. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, wordsfromdani said:

Medical review - Dr.Zatzman 

(CR1/IR1) My appointment was at 9AM. I entered the building at 8:55 to locate Zatzman’s office.  Walk in the main doors, walk straight until you reach the elevators on your right. There is a board beside the elevator with suite numbers and doctors name.  Zatzman in Suite 208, on the second floor.  

I was the first patient of the day, they were just unlocking the doors as I walked over. The reception staff will ask for your: passport, drivers license and MTL case number/interview letter.  They also needed my city of birth. They then took my photo, I paid the medical exam fee of $260 via credit or debit card.  I signed a paper authorizing them to use e-medical to collect my results and send them to the consulate. I was given a receipt for the payment and my e-medical information sheet which explained how my results would be collected and sent to the consulate.  This process took about 5 minutes. 

I sat and waited for Dr. Zatzman to call me, he did so just 1-2 minutes after I sat down. He brought me to the exam room, and started by handing me the paperwork for my labs and X-ray and said he’d explain where to get those done after. He then asked me a series of questions about my medical history, measured my height and weight, took my blood pressure and listened to my cheats.  The questions about medical history were very standard, and I could see on his screen what he was required to note down.  Next he asked for my vaccination records, I had a print out from my family doctor so it was easy for him to locate the dates. I also had my o strip “yellow immunization book” and he said that would have been acceptable too.  Next, he pulled up a map of the housing and explained how to get to the lab and X-ray area and he also confirmed that my email was correct and indicated they’d email me once the package had been sent via e-medical to the consulate. 

Throughout the exam he was very nice and very talkative. He really made you feel at ease, we even googled something to check a hockey stat that come up during our conversation. Very, very nice. Overall I think I was with him 10 minutes. 

Next, per the advice of other VJ members, I went downstairs to labs to put my name in line. Waiting to be registered took maybe 20 minutes. They took my requisition and health card (though it seemed like they might not have needed that) and asked how I’d pay (visa) and for my phone number. I was told the wait would be 45 minutes to an hour.  Since there was a urine test, I asked if I could have the sample bottle right away since I really needed to pee! She gave me one, and told me to ensure that when I came back I requested a label for it so it wouldn’t get lost. I figured this would save me some time later on. 

After checking in for labs, I went to X-Ray. You walk up to a wall mounted thermometer to check your temperature before you can talk to the staff at reception.  They needed my requisition form passport, and I paid the $70 fee by visa.  They completed my paperwork and asked me to have a seat, I wait maybe 2 minutes and then was called in for.  I was sent to a dressing room and was told to take my shirt and bra off (if I had of had a necklace I would have needed to take that off too) and put a gown on.  I was then taken to the x-ray, which took all of 30 seconds and I was sent back to change and that was that!  I was out of X-ray just before 10am. 

I then went to the bathroom and collected my urine sample. Then I went to my car to wait to be called for my labs.  I got called for my labs at 10:26am, went back in and was seated inside the waiting room. I was then called for bloodwork at 10:55. I paid the fee of $30.34 via visa and then was seated in a cubicle. They asked me to confirm my key information, and then took one vile of blood and returned my health card. They confirmed I did not need my health card because it was immigration related. I gave them my urine sample and they added a label on it. I was in my car by 11:02. 

All in all, about two hours. 

1 hour ago, wordsfromdani said:

Medical review - Dr.Zatzman 

(CR1/IR1) My appointment was at 9AM. I entered the building at 8:55 to locate Zatzman’s office.  Walk in the main doors, walk straight until you reach the elevators on your right. There is a board beside the elevator with suite numbers and doctors name.  Zatzman in Suite 208, on the second floor.  

I was the first patient of the day, they were just unlocking the doors as I walked over. The reception staff will ask for your: passport, drivers license and MTL case number/interview letter.  They also needed my city of birth. They then took my photo, I paid the medical exam fee of $260 via credit or debit card.  I signed a paper authorizing them to use e-medical to collect my results and send them to the consulate. I was given a receipt for the payment and my e-medical information sheet which explained how my results would be collected and sent to the consulate.  This process took about 5 minutes. 

I sat and waited for Dr. Zatzman to call me, he did so just 1-2 minutes after I sat down. He brought me to the exam room, and started by handing me the paperwork for my labs and X-ray and said he’d explain where to get those done after. He then asked me a series of questions about my medical history, measured my height and weight, took my blood pressure and listened to my cheats.  The questions about medical history were very standard, and I could see on his screen what he was required to note down.  Next he asked for my vaccination records, I had a print out from my family doctor so it was easy for him to locate the dates. I also had my o strip “yellow immunization book” and he said that would have been acceptable too.  Next, he pulled up a map of the housing and explained how to get to the lab and X-ray area and he also confirmed that my email was correct and indicated they’d email me once the package had been sent via e-medical to the consulate. 

Throughout the exam he was very nice and very talkative. He really made you feel at ease, we even googled something to check a hockey stat that come up during our conversation. Very, very nice. Overall I think I was with him 10 minutes. 

Next, per the advice of other VJ members, I went downstairs to labs to put my name in line. Waiting to be registered took maybe 20 minutes. They took my requisition and health card (though it seemed like they might not have needed that) and asked how I’d pay (visa) and for my phone number. I was told the wait would be 45 minutes to an hour.  Since there was a urine test, I asked if I could have the sample bottle right away since I really needed to pee! She gave me one, and told me to ensure that when I came back I requested a label for it so it wouldn’t get lost. I figured this would save me some time later on. 

After checking in for labs, I went to X-Ray. You walk up to a wall mounted thermometer to check your temperature before you can talk to the staff at reception.  They needed my requisition form passport, and I paid the $70 fee by visa.  They completed my paperwork and asked me to have a seat, I wait maybe 2 minutes and then was called in for.  I was sent to a dressing room and was told to take my shirt and bra off (if I had of had a necklace I would have needed to take that off too) and put a gown on.  I was then taken to the x-ray, which took all of 30 seconds and I was sent back to change and that was that!  I was out of X-ray just before 10am. 

I then went to the bathroom and collected my urine sample. Then I went to my car to wait to be called for my labs.  I got called for my labs at 10:26am, went back in and was seated inside the waiting room. I was then called for bloodwork at 10:55. I paid the fee of $30.34 via visa and then was seated in a cubicle. They asked me to confirm my key information, and then took one vile of blood and returned my health card. They confirmed I did not need my health card because it was immigration related. I gave them my urine sample and they added a label on it. I was in my car by 11:02. 

All in all, about two hours. 

Appreciate all the details!

Unfortunate how Medisys in Montreal is $413.68 plus taxes...

Not sure if there are any manitobans in the group, but where did you get your “court name change document”? I emailed vital stats this morning but I’m not even sure if that document exists

Timeline
46 minutes ago, annierob said:

Appreciate all the details!

Unfortunate how Medisys in Montreal is $413.68 plus taxes...

I had my exam in Montreal Tuesday and when I scheduled it they quoted me 465$ plus tax. 
with one vaccine it came to almost 570$

Also purolator just delivered my xrays. 

Edited by Kimchi

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Kimchi said:

I had my exam in Montreal Tuesday and when I scheduled it they quoted me 465$ plus tax. 

Just received my X-rays too. 

Timeline

Holy macaroni, this process has strained my finances as it is and now another few hundred for medical lol.  Oh well, dirty old money anyway right, and *sometime* in the next year we should be able to stop paying both mortgage and rent 😛

Timeline
2 hours ago, Kimchi said:

WOW!!! They quoted me that price when I asked a few weeks ago. They must have increased their prices...and since my interview will only be in a few months from now, it might even be more expensive...

Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 3.48.03 PM.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.