Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi guys. Do we need to get the US passport size photos stamped/dated in the back? The FAQ said it’s not needed, but wondering if the interviewing officers even check for it? 

Timeline

Im one of the new interview letters that DQed in January before covid. Interview is Dec 2. 
Police Certificate will be a year old Dec 11 so it will be good for the interview. 
My question is if I have to get a new one if I intend to move after new years? Does it have to be unexpired the same way the medical examination does?

Thanks for any insight in advance, this forum is amazing.

Timeline
8 hours ago, Pippin2020 said:

Im one of the new interview letters that DQed in January before covid. Interview is Dec 2. 
Police Certificate will be a year old Dec 11 so it will be good for the interview. 
My question is if I have to get a new one if I intend to move after new years? Does it have to be unexpired the same way the medical examination does?

That d be great if you could fill your timeline 😃 This information help us all a lot.

Edited by T&S_MTL

Timeline
9 hours ago, Pippin2020 said:

Yes you’ll need a new one.

Timeline
12 hours ago, Pippin2020 said:

Yes you need a new one. someone was told at their interview in Montreal that they had to cross before the pcc expired.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
13 hours ago, Lovepeace0303 said:

Hi guys. Do we need to get the US passport size photos stamped/dated in the back? The FAQ said it’s not needed, but wondering if the interviewing officers even check for it? 

12 hours ago, Pippin2020 said:

No & no.

Police cert is for the interview, not the POE; no stamping on photos required. 

Edited by Hawk Riders

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Hawk Riders said:

No & no.

Police cert is for the interview, not the POE; no stamping on photos required. 

Echoing what Hawk Riders said. When the first interviews were rescheduled there was ONE PERSON who was told their Police cert needed to be unexpired when they crossed. When they received their visa, it’s expiry date matched 6-months from their medical indicating what they were told at the interview was wrong.

In addition, many more people since then who had certificates that would expire before they crossed were just fine.  It only needs to be valid at the time of your interview/visa issuance. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, rafale1973 said:

For those going to Medisys, I did my medical Tuesday morning. I just received an email from them stating that they already sent the result to the consulate and I also received the tracking number for my vaccination & X-ray CD copie. So the process was pretty quick :) It took 2 days. 

I had the same experience. 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Todd@Alya said:

Now that the NVC is up and running again, can we expect to receive just one update per month with interviews dates for the next month all in one shot or will they space the updates out more evenly?

The last 2 months were done all in one shot - November interviews were scheduled October 13th, and December interviews were scheduled November 16th. I assume that's what they will continue doing unless something big changes (i.e. more cancellations/closures), but no one can say for sure. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LvnDvX95_tfWtTvsJJM49PDPPvPKal0WG2rgdZHhsz0/edit#gid=255923754

Did you guys upload your new police certificate, or are you just planning on bringing it? I tried to see if there was an instruction on what to do on the interview preparation link in the interview email but I couldn’t see anything. I was just planning on bringing both my expired copy and my new copy 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Dbrennan said:

Did you guys upload your new police certificate, or are you just planning on bringing it? I tried to see if there was an instruction on what to do on the interview preparation link in the interview email but I couldn’t see anything. I was just planning on bringing both my expired copy and my new copy 

I just brought mine. I brought both, and only gave them the new one. They didn't ask for the old one. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Japples said:

So instead of going back home. My wife will be crossing the border when we fly to my parents back East for thanksgiving. Any suggestions on how early we should get to the airport because of immigration processing? They do it at the Vancouver airport if your next destination is USA.

I went through Vancouver and it was about 30 minutes for customs including the part in secondary. I allowed 2 hours for it and don't regret that at all even though I didn't need it because I wasn't stressed at any point.

2 hours ago, Dbrennan said:

I just brought mine. Handed the guy both and he handed the old one back and put a post it note saying "scan" on my new one. Same thing with the updated i864. Didn't delay me at all.

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.