Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It might be helpful to include in the FAQ that we need 4-5 photographs for the medical (varies on where you go) and list the size of the photographs needed. I know that 2 photographs are required at time of interview as that is already in the FAQ. 

On that note, just booked my husband’s medical with Dr. Zatzman on Nov 23rd! :) 

Edited by Lovepeace0303

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Lovepeace0303 said:

It might be helpful to include in the FAQ that we need 4-5 photographs for the medical (varies on where you go) and list the size of the photographs needed. I know that 2 photographs are required at time of interview as that is already in the FAQ. 

On that note, just booked my husband’s medical with Dr. Zatzman on Nov 23rd! :) 

Zatzman wanted none when CAN Hawk Rider did the medical; they took a digital photo on-site.

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline

I've been quietly lurking and following this thread for information. I'm so so happy for all of you who got interviews recently. And it gives me hope that the process might not take as long as it would. I'm still waiting for NOA-1, submitting in end of October. Sending everyone good thoughts for the next round!

I figured it might be too early to be added to the spreadsheet, but it makes me curious how many people requested for IR1/CR1s since the virus shutdowns!

Timeline
14 hours ago, annierob said:

Don't want to get too excited here, but just want to daydream a little and hope this good news continues. 

I know! I thought of that too! Fingers crossed that the streak continues. 

19 hours ago, Cath&Claire said:

They are scheduling March DQ’s too, which is great.  I’m the same as you - June 1 DQ - I guess we won’t know what’s happening in January for a little bit, but we know it’s imminent!  

I am DQ'ed June 1 too. So we should be around the similar timeframe!

So happy about all the ILs. Congratulations to you guys and great to see that you will reunite with your spouses and finally start your lives together :) 

Timeline
13 hours ago, jstriders said:

As to this projection, I am also (quietly) thinking the same, however not keeping my hopes too high (because they did schedule a lot of CR1/IR1s in September and then we heard nothing for 2 month). I am also pretty concerned about surge in COVID cases and what it can mean for us. Praying with all my heart that nothing crazy will happen again. I just want to be able to live with my husband hopefully sooner than later...

Fingers crossed that they keep their scheduling streak going! 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Hawk Riders said:

Zatzman wanted none when CAN Hawk Rider did the medical; they took a digital photo on-site.

Oh! Their website says to bring 4. Maybe that’s changed. 

9 minutes ago, Lovenature said:

So glad to see we are all finally getting interviews and things are moving again! 😀 Congrats to everyone who got their IL!

My son and I have an interview booked for Nov 25. We had our medicals on Thursday with Dr. Zatzman in Toronto. I brought photographs just in case but didn't need them. Their office took one photo each instead. My son and I were pretty nervous about what to expect but Dr. Zatzman was very nice and my experience was same as other reviews on VJ. He asked us some general questions on medical history, took our blood pressure, heart rate, height and weights. It was very quick and easy. 

The lab was very busy. I took good advice that someone else had posted on VJ and put our names into the waiting list at the lab first as they text you when it is your turn. While we waited, we went over to get our X-Rays done. We just finished X-Rays and got a text that the lab was ready for us. We just had to stop back at the X-Rays before leaving to pick up the CDs and our passports. We were there about 3 hours in total but most of that was waiting. 

Dr. Zatzman did tell me after COVID they have now gone to electronic submission to the consulate, so we no longer have to pick up results from his office or have them couriered. He said I will get copied on the emails when they send our results to Montreal. 

Thank you for sharing details on your experience! My husband has his medical with Dr. Zatzman next week, so now we know what to expect. That’s awesome that they’re sending results electronically! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Any FYI for yesterday’s IL recipients: I was able to register my appointment and set up delivery/courier information this morning. 

Edited by wordsfromdani

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Lovepeace0303 said:

Oh! Their website says to bring 4. Maybe that’s changed. 

Their website says bring four if you are not on e-medical. I asked them as I wasn't sure and they told me to bring one photo. This matched nothing on their website so I decided to bring 4 just in case. I figured at worst I will have to throw one or two out and the other two I can use at the consulate.

When I first got there they could not find me in the system. Their system is case sensitive and the receptionist did not capitalize "MTL" so our files didn't come up. If this happens they have to process you the manual way (like K1's) in which case you need the photographs. Dr. Zatzman found us and we got sent back to reception to get the electronic prep work done before the exam. From what Dr. Zatzman explained, if you have a DS-260 in the system they can file electronically otherwise it has to be the manual way. 

21 hours ago, Dbrennan said:

Sorry for my one million messages on here today 😬 I’m just feeling so overwhelmed by how close my medical and interview are. Does anyone know how much of a delay it will cause if my medical results aren’t at the consulate by my interview? Cheema’s office said they’ll try their best to get the results to Montreal in time but it could take 5-7 business days which really makes me worried, and I don’t have any other medical location options because of my provinces 14 day self isolation restrictions 

It really depends case by case. I can attest to that. Good thing is that its electronic so the embassy gets the medical pretty quickly.

Timeline

Husband needs an updated police certificate, but our local police station is not doing them because of COVID. They won’t do fingerprints. Any ideas of what to do?

Timeline

Just as a good news moment for people with impending interviews and us getting close. Today the premier of Quebec said the covid situation is stabilizing so restrictions remain in place but not trending towards a lockdown. Hopefully that continues so we can get caught up!

1 minute ago, Atyree9 said:

Husband needs an updated police certificate, but our local police station is not doing them because of COVID. They won’t do fingerprints. Any ideas of what to do?

Where are you? Can you go to a Commissionaires office nearby?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, jackanddeona said:

Just as a good news moment for people with impending interviews and us getting close. Today the premier of Quebec said the covid situation is stabilizing so restrictions remain in place but not trending towards a lockdown. Hopefully that continues so we can get caught up!

Where are you? Can you go to a Commissionaires office nearby?

Just found one that is not too far away, thank goodness.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Atyree9 said:

There are many private fingerprinters. You can use them and they will often digitize the prints for you too. Are you currently in Canada or the US? Once you have the digital prints you can submit the digital prints electronically to CCRTIS if you are within Canada.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.