Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, Je9ala said:

Panic aside, we do have a hard copy of my wife's immunization records which covers everything except for Chicken Pox (she's had it before),  but if the clinic lost their records then I'm guessing my wife will need to be re-vaccinated? Doing my best not to let this ruin the happy news of getting the IL today. 

All the doctor's accept a verbal declaration for Chicken Pox if you previously had the illness, you only need to prove a vaccination for chicken pox if she has never had the illness! Goodluck - and don't panic if you have the hard copy for the others you'll likely be good.  

Sorry for my one million messages on here today 😬 I’m just feeling so overwhelmed by how close my medical and interview are. Does anyone know how much of a delay it will cause if my medical results aren’t at the consulate by my interview? Cheema’s office said they’ll try their best to get the results to Montreal in time but it could take 5-7 business days which really makes me worried, and I don’t have any other medical location options because of my provinces 14 day self isolation restrictions 

1 hour ago, jstriders said:

First things first. Congratulations to all who received IL today! This was exciting news to wake up to at 3:30am (I am having trouble sleeping after my surgery).

As to this projection, I am also (quietly) thinking the same, however not keeping my hopes too high (because they did schedule a lot of CR1/IR1s in September and then we heard nothing for 2 month). I am also pretty concerned about surge in COVID cases and what it can mean for us. Praying with all my heart that nothing crazy will happen again. I just want to be able to live with my husband hopefully sooner than later...

Today has been awesome to see all of you guys get your ILs!! Congrats to everyone who got a date :) and to the rest of us whose waits just got shorter :) 

As far as projections go, I could be wrong but I think its also important to note how many ILs were sent out for December. on our spreadsheet that number is 18 I believe. If that became the new normal, I don't think things would move quite as fast as what you're saying annierob, but close to it I hope. I'd hope to see my interview at the end of March-April with a DQ date of June 18th... again.. if these numbers persist. 

Does anyone know though if any K-1s received dates for December? Because if not, that could mean they'll get a bunch for January and we might lose out? 

I'm no expert though, normally I try to leave this to those who've been around here longer than myself. 

Edited by Prairiegirl3

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, jstriders said:

First things first. Congratulations to all who received IL today! This was exciting news to wake up to at 3:30am (I am having trouble sleeping after my surgery).

As to this projection, I am also (quietly) thinking the same, however not keeping my hopes too high (because they did schedule a lot of CR1/IR1s in September and then we heard nothing for 2 month). I am also pretty concerned about surge in COVID cases and what it can mean for us. Praying with all my heart that nothing crazy will happen again. I just want to be able to live with my husband hopefully sooner than later...

Super happy to see movement!!!  I believe March 21st DQ is still waiting for an interview.  Wonder if we’ll see another batch this week or next? They scheduled right up until December 30th - so that’s promising! 

I checked the fiancé spreadsheet and it seems those cases aren’t as plentiful going forward either,  as people are being held up with the first steps of the process. I just wonder if the consulate will go back and forth - fiancé one month, spousal the next.  I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.  

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Prairiegirl3 said:

Today has been awesome to see all of you guys get your ILs!! Congrats to everyone who got a date :) and to the rest of us whose waits just got shorter :) 

As far as projections go, I could be wrong but I think its also important to note how many ILs were sent out for December. on our spreadsheet that number is 18 I believe. If that became the new normal, I don't think things would move quite as fast as what you're saying annierob, but close to it I hope. I'd hope to see my interview at the end of March-April with a DQ date of June 18th... again.. if these numbers persist. 

Does anyone know though if any K-1s received dates for December? Because if not, that could mean they'll get a bunch for January and we might lose out? 

I'm no expert though, normally I try to leave this to those who've been around here longer than myself. 

One K1 got an interview today - for December 7th. There are 3 on that date I believe.  I’ll double check the spreadsheet.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

What we have seen today is the regular once-monthly batch of letters with dates for the following month. 

Next batch of letters should be issued mid-Dec...

caveat: barring covid shutdowns...

Edited by Hawk Riders

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline
8 hours ago, RowRow said:

Amazing! I DQ'd March 24th so it looks like we know roughly where there cutoff on dates was.

Congratulations!

Hey @Hawk Riders  -  Just noticed @rowrow  is still listed "at NVC" on the spreadsheet,  but DQ date is March 24 :) Can you please bump them up?

Timeline

Hi VJ Fam! For those of you that received interview letters, are you uploading your most recent tax returns (2019)/Affidavit of Support directly into CEAC? Or for those of you that have already had your interviews, how did you upload? I see where I can add in additional documents to CEAC, but do I click the "Submit Documents" button at the bottom as well? Want to make sure I'm uploading correctly! Thanks!

Timeline
19 hours ago, 2Ps said:

I was in Seattle for a month in Aug and my lawyer advised not to as it takes forever. I am here again till the new years and hoping they will resume interviews next week.... so tempted to switch to AOS since they are slowing down again, but we are so close...At least I am glad I can be with my husband for a while till new years, but the thought of going back  and not getting interview early new year freaks me out....

That's my fear too, already being so close and then it taking another 2 years for AOS. Plus I am already able to live and work in the US through a TN, so should probably just patiently wait for the interview to be scheduled, which at this rate will probably be in July - Sept 2021!

57 minutes ago, Lovepeace0303 said:

Hi VJ Fam! For those of you that received interview letters, are you uploading your most recent tax returns (2019)/Affidavit of Support directly into CEAC? Or for those of you that have already had your interviews, how did you upload? I see where I can add in additional documents to CEAC, but do I click the "Submit Documents" button at the bottom as well? Want to make sure I'm uploading correctly! Thanks!

I had uploaded it before my husbands interview and took copies with him. They looked at both my 2019 and 2018 tax return 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Lovepeace0303 said:

My IL that I received didn’t ask to upload anything 🤔. I do plan on bringing my husbands latest 1040 to the interview tho.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

@Lovenature, you and your son should be scheduled together; in other recent multiple-family-member cases, an IL has shown up for all parties the following day FWIW

still no feedback from @Canadian Spouse, @Rocio Torres, @mintomichael, @Rush11...

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.