Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kingsrish said:

Did anyone recieve an IL today?

No nothing yet. I doubt we will receive anything at this point this week. Maybe next week. 

Timeline
21 minutes ago, rafale1973 said:

No nothing yet. I doubt we will receive anything at this point this week. Maybe next week. 

I’m so disappointed! So tired of waiting every day for an interview update. Next week seems like it might be our final chance to get interview letters for Dec. If we don’t see anything then either, it doesn’t look too promising for moving forward with spousals this year. Super frustrating! 😔

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Lovepeace0303 said:

I’m so disappointed! So tired of waiting every day for an interview update. Next week seems like it might be our final chance to get interview letters for Dec. If we don’t see anything then either, it doesn’t look too promising for moving forward with spousals this year. Super frustrating! 😔

Yeah if we don’t hear by Tuesday its probably not happening. 

I don’t get why the consulate posted 2 videos since October 16th saying they are scheduling spousal visas meanwhile none have been scheduled since then. 

Timeline
46 minutes ago, Lovepeace0303 said:

Same. I used to make sure I wouldn’t go to bed before 2 am every night just to see if I would receive a letter. Than after never seeing one, I decided to stop doing that. To keep my hope to a lower level. I’ve almost been waiting a year for my interview now. I’m the third one on our list right now. And I really hope I will be able to be back home for Christmas this year. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Kimchi said:

Yeah if we don’t hear by Tuesday its probably not happening. 

I don’t get why the consulate posted 2 videos since October 16th saying they are scheduling spousal visas meanwhile none have been scheduled since then. 

I keep emailing them and sending fbook messages few times per week. All I get is the automatic responses, but I strongly believe that someone is looking at these and will be bringing it up for discussion to their table once they have routine meetings. We need to be vocal!

Timeline
38 minutes ago, rafale1973 said:

Same. I used to make sure I wouldn’t go to bed before 2 am every night just to see if I would receive a letter. Than after never seeing one, I decided to stop doing that. To keep my hope to a lower level. I’ve almost been waiting a year for my interview now. I’m the third one on our list right now. And I really hope I will be able to be back home for Christmas this year. 

I feel for you! This must be a torture...

Timeline

Hi everyone! I know this is off topic, but I’m hoping someone in this thread knows because I’m having a hard time finding out correct information.

Does anyone know how you can get a certified copy of an American Passport? The passport agency has an option to request passport records but not a certified copy. Is this something I can obtain from a notary public?

Timeline

I get everyone’s anxiety and stress, I’m in the same boat being away from my wife and kids. I’ve been trying to avoid this page lately because all it is whining and griping. It’s personally not helping me when I want to know people’s interview experience and/or new ILs. 

I feel for those in January and how annoyed y’all must be , I get it. 

I can’t imagine they won’t schedule anyone in December. So let’s wait and see with all the holidays. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, ameena1423 said:

Does anyone know how you can get a certified copy of an American Passport? The passport agency has an option to request passport records but not a certified copy. Is this something I can obtain from a notary public?

A notary public can certify photocopies of original documents, yes.

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, ameena1423 said:

Hi everyone! I know this is off topic, but I’m hoping someone in this thread knows because I’m having a hard time finding out correct information.

No exactly the same scenario so take this information as it’s appropriate... I had to submit a “certified true copy” of my Canadian passport to submit with my taxes. I had it done at the closest Canadian embassy/consulate where I was abroad. 

For that particular purpose, a notary public  wasn’t sufficient because the document had be validated by the issuing agency specifically. But that was a very specific requirement. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, wordsfromdani said:

For that particular purpose, a notary public  wasn’t sufficient because the document had be validated by the issuing agency specifically. But that was a very specific requirement. 

Also true. For IRS purposes, a certifying acceptance agent must verify and copy someone's non-US passport for submission with an ITIN application.

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline

In case anyone is curious - My interview was Monday (Nov 9th) and I was approved, but my CEAC Status is still showing "Ready" and I haven't gotten a tracking number or anything yet. Not really sure if I should be worried, or if there is anything to do but wait... I know people who had interviews last Monday had status changes on Tuesday, and then received their passports back on Thursday. Maybe Remembrance Day caused things to be slower this week? 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, wordsfromdani said:

Congrats @eketros

This group will hear something next week. (I'm writing this as much for myself as for others.) 

This is ridiculous! I had to have an emergency surgery this past Monday (the 9th) and my husband is not able to come and take care of me while I recover. Closed borders and no news from the embassy makes everything so much harder...

I wholeheartedly hoping you are right and IR1/CR1s will start moving....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.