Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, aurmorr said:

I joined VJ just because I’m so stressed out and I just need some kind of community right now 🥺 I feel like I put my whole life on hold and my wife is going through life without me in California  I’m just stuck here waiting for paperwork in Ottawa. I feel like I don’t have a life right now. I haven’t gotten a full nights sleep since July when NVC started dinking around with our paperwork because of all the stress 😞 this is never going to end

_:(´ཀ`」 

Same! I'm in California waiting for my husband to get his interview already. I have to go through my pregnancy without him 😔

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, Kimchi said:

“Upgraded” to the IR-1 today. Does anybody know if your CEAC account should automatically reflect the change? It is still showing CR-1. 

Happy Anniversary! 

Our CEAC didn't update, but when my husband went for the interview, they had updated to IR-1. (and his interview was 2 days after our 2-year anniversary). When his visa was issued, it was an IR-1

Marriage:2018-09-28

I-130 Sent :2019-01-08

I-130 NOA1 :2019-01-16

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

I-130 Approved :2019-03-28

NVC Received :2019-04-10

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :2019-05-06

Pay AOS Bill :2019-05-06

Send IV Package: 2019-09-06

Case Complete at NVC: 2019-12-09

Receive Instruction and Interview Letter: 2020-03-05

Interview: 2020-04-20

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LvnDvX95_tfWtTvsJJM49PDPPvPKal0WG2rgdZHhsz0/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Kimchi said:

“Upgraded” to the IR-1 today. Does anybody know if your CEAC account should automatically reflect the change? It is still showing CR-1. 

Mine updated 1-2 business days after our "upgrade to IR1" and case was 'At NVC' when we leveled up.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey everyone. I crossed on October 10th and still haven’t received my SSN. Pretty sure they lost my application, it seems to happen frequently. So I just sent in my own application to my local office along with my passport 😬 let’s pray for its safe return.

My passport has both my maiden and married names on it because I’m French. It shows as “name: (maiden name), spouse: (married name)“. However my visa was issued in my maiden name only.

The agent from the social security office I talked to on the phone said they could issue my SSN card in my married name so I sent in my marriage certificate... I’m skeptical that they’ll be able to do that since my GC will be in my maiden name but fingers crossed. I’ll let you guys know in case it’d be of interest to anyone!

I’m sorry there has been no new ILs recently, I’m thinking of you all. Stay strong 🙏🏻

Timeline
15 hours ago, Lovepeace0303 said:

Congratulations - I’ve always loved your positivity on here! It’s so nice to see members of our little VJ family reach the end! Gives me so much hope and longing for that very moment. ❤️ 

Yes! It will come!! Just stay the course ❤️ :)❤️ 

Timeline
12 hours ago, Romans13 said:

How long did it take for social security card to show up?

I think it was about 2.5 weeks?  But I already had a number issued years ago when I was a student in the US, so it was just a "reactivation" or whatever they did to it, and they sent me a new card in my married name. I'm not 100 percent sure if that made a difference or if everyone is getting them around 2-3 weeks in. Hope that helps!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Kimchi said:

Mine never updated in CEAC but the interview email letter did say IR-1 when it was sent. We started as CR1, passed our 2nd anniversary in July, and I had my interview in September. When the visa was issued it was IR1. I didn't have to alert anyone it just went through correctly.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Rose__ said:

Hey everyone. I crossed on October 10th and still haven’t received my SSN. Pretty sure they lost my application, it seems to happen frequently. So I just sent in my own application to my local office along with my passport 😬 let’s pray for its safe return.

My passport has both my maiden and married names on it because I’m French. It shows as “name: (maiden name), spouse: (married name)“. However my visa was issued in my maiden name only.

The agent from the social security office I talked to on the phone said they could issue my SSN card in my married name so I sent in my marriage certificate... I’m skeptical that they’ll be able to do that since my GC will be in my maiden name but fingers crossed. I’ll let you guys know in case it’d be of interest to anyone!

I’m sorry there has been no new ILs recently, I’m thinking of you all. Stay strong 🙏🏻

Sorry to hear you have to go through this Rose! I hope it gets resolved soon.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Meghan.brooke said:

Same! I'm in California waiting for my husband to get his interview already. I have to go through my pregnancy without him 😔

OH MY! Are you not able to get an expedite?!

Timeline
1 hour ago, canadavisa22 said:

Has anyone had a family member in the US drive across the border to Canada to visit?

My wife's parents want to visit. They're aware they have to quarantine for 14 days. We just want to make sure there won't be an issue crossing via land border. 

My husband crossed over back in June. They let him through because we're married, but maybe they're more lenient now?

I would suggest to call from a Canadian phone number (US phone numbers don't go through) the Canadian border first thing as they open in the morning:

1-800-959-2036

They were able to answer our questions prior to his crossing.

PS: the government called my cell 4 times to make sure we were quarantining. You must absolutely answer your phone. 

Edited by annierob

Timeline
1 hour ago, Rose__ said:

I crossed over on the 17th and don't have mine yet either, but was able to make an appointment at my local office for this coming Thursday to submit an application. Hopefully that will get things rolling! On a side note, my green card status changed to in production on Saturday so it should be here soon :)

Hopefully they will send yours back with your married name.

1 hour ago, annierob said:

OH MY! Are you not able to get an expedite?!

No, they are so not considerate :( Only if I had a life threatening complication. They think if that would get you expedited, then all women would get pregnant just to get across 😒 Like do they actually think I want to deal with immigration being pregnant. I know of other countries that expedited for pregnancy though. Montreal is just the worst!! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.