Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
31 minutes ago, aurmorr said:

I joined VJ just because I’m so stressed out and I just need some kind of community right now 🥺 I feel like I put my whole life on hold and my wife is going through life without me in California  I’m just stuck here waiting for paperwork in Ottawa. I feel like I don’t have a life right now. I haven’t gotten a full nights sleep since July when NVC started dinking around with our paperwork because of all the stress 😞 this is never going to end

_:(´ཀ`」 

Sending empathy and hugs. I'm sorry you have to go through this, but welcome to the group. We are all here for you, and can deeply relate to those feelings. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
46 minutes ago, wordsfromdani said:

Sending empathy and hugs. I'm sorry you have to go through this, but welcome to the group. We are all here for you, and can deeply relate to those feelings. 

I went back so far in the data and it really is jarring to see how quickly this process used to move before Trump- I really thought I had a chance at being through this year but then COVID hit and the average wait from DQ to interview is like 160 days...and that’s just from the spreadsheet. The consulate said they were only beginning to schedule for March DQ now...it really could be another year. I feel so defeated 🥺 but that’s okay I am around other people who get it now. 

how is everyone doing with 8 months no visits 😞 

Edited by aurmorr

IR1 - DQ Oct 16 2020

---

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet 
(follow instructions at the top of the page and DM @Hawk Riders to be added)

20 minutes ago, eketros said:

Just wanted to let everyone know my interview was successful! I will post more info & a consulate review later - I'm going to get outside & enjoy the weather in Montreal before the sun sets :) 

Oh, my police certificate is the one that says "Other" and has no fingerprints - they accepted it, didn't comment on it at all. 

Yay great news! And thanks for the update on the certificate!

Timeline
1 hour ago, aurmorr said:

I joined VJ just because I’m so stressed out and I just need some kind of community right now 🥺 I feel like I put my whole life on hold and my wife is going through life without me in California  I’m just stuck here waiting for paperwork in Ottawa. I feel like I don’t have a life right now. I haven’t gotten a full nights sleep since July when NVC started dinking around with our paperwork because of all the stress 😞 this is never going to end

_:(´ཀ`」 

Same boat as you. Husband in California as well...I share your pain! Let's hope for some good news for everyone in this thread.

Timeline
1 hour ago, aurmorr said:

I went back so far in the data and it really is jarring to see how quickly this process used to move before Trump- I really thought I had a chance at being through this year but then COVID hit and the average wait from DQ to interview is like 160 days...and that’s just from the spreadsheet. The consulate said they were only beginning to schedule for March DQ now...it really could be another year. I feel so defeated 🥺 but that’s okay I am around other people who get it now. 

how is everyone doing with 8 months no visits 😞 

FYI The Consulate is working on March K1 files that were shipped to them before the Covid shutdown. For spousals, they are working on January DQs. We're hoping for interview letters this week...

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Hadarah said:

I got my green card in the mail today! One month and 4 days after crossing the border. So happy and So grateful this visa journey is over :) All the best to those still waiting! Here's hoping for the best. Don't give up and don't loose hope! YOU WILL GET THROUGH THIS!!! {BIG HUGS}

Congratulations - I’ve always loved your positivity on here! It’s so nice to see members of our little VJ family reach the end! Gives me so much hope and longing for that very moment. ❤️ 

Edited by Lovepeace0303

1 hour ago, Kimchi said:

K-1 interview got scheduled for December 7th. 

Does anyone know if these are still k1s received before the shutdown? I keep checking my email and my junk mail box (just in case) every ten mins every Monday and Tuesday and I feel like I’m going crazy 😖

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Dbrennan said:

Does anyone know if these are still k1s received before the shutdown? I keep checking my email and my junk mail box (just in case) every ten mins every Monday and Tuesday and I feel like I’m going crazy 😖

Yes. All the ones received up to April 30th from the k-1 spreadsheet. 

I know the feeling although I’m really resigned to the fact that they are now only working on k-1s for some reason. 
I hope I am wrong and we get ILs this week. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Kimchi said:

Yes. All the ones received up to April 30th from the k-1 spreadsheet. 

I know the feeling although I’m really resigned to the fact that they are now only working on k-1s for some reason. 
I hope I am wrong and we get ILs this week. 

Even though they said they were only working March, they also went ahead with April.  December SHOULD be for CR1/IR1. I think many of us feel the same way tho; we’ll believe it when we see it.   

3 hours ago, Hadarah said:

I got my green card in the mail today! One month and 4 days after crossing the border. So happy and So grateful this visa journey is over :) All the best to those still waiting! Here's hoping for the best. Don't give up and don't loose hope! YOU WILL GET THROUGH THIS!!! {BIG HUGS}

How long did it take for social security card to show up?

Timeline
2 hours ago, Cath&Claire said:

Even though they said they were only working March, they also went ahead with April.  December SHOULD be for CR1/IR1. I think many of us feel the same way tho; we’ll believe it when we see it.   

Agreed! I really thought December dates would be reserved for spouses. I really hope we see some letters come through today. If not this week, I won’t know what to think anymore. Did anyone call NVC again to see if they actually received dates from Montreal? Not sure if that will help, but maybe somebody was blessed with a helpful customer rep at NVC with updates/info to share? 🤪

Timeline
4 hours ago, Lovepeace0303 said:

Agreed! I really thought December dates would be reserved for spouses. I really hope we see some letters come through today. If not this week, I won’t know what to think anymore. Did anyone call NVC again to see if they actually received dates from Montreal? Not sure if that will help, but maybe somebody was blessed with a helpful customer rep at NVC with updates/info to share? 🤪

So, I'm going to assume that no one recieved an IL today. Maybe there might be some movement on Thursday.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.