Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Hawk Riders said:

Best wishes to @eketros & @JordynLDiMarco tomorrow!

Thanks! I'm just sitting in my hotel right now, trying to watch tv & not be too nervous. Right now my biggest fear is just that I'm going to wake up with a fever and not be able to go anywhere 😅 

Lucky for me Montreal is beautiful right now! It was 20 degrees Celsius today! I have to walk about a mile to the consulate, so I was worried it was going to be cold. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
23 minutes ago, eketros said:

Lucky for me Montreal is beautiful right now! It was 20 degrees Celsius today! I have to walk about a mile to the consulate, so I was worried it was going to be cold. 

Lucky indeed. At home here in PDX, our morning wake-up temp was 3° and it only climbed to 7°...

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

On 11/6/2020 at 11:18 AM, legendqueue said:

I'm sure we're all racking up expensive therapy bills due to the anxiety. I want to say that I'm trying to stay positive, but it's hard. This group certainly helps me, as I know I'm not alone feeling this way.

Wife has had a headache pretty much daily for over a month.  I'm on over two weeks.  She actually went to the doc and got an xray after 3 weeks and the diagnosis was stress headache combined with clenching/bracing of jaw, also from stress.  Same thing with me as my jaw is constantly sore and I catch myself unconsciously tightening my jaw all the time haha.  We're wrecks.  People not in this situation don't understand how stressful it is; honestly if I was not in the situation and I saw posts like this and many others in this thread I might think "jeez relax and get stoic, that sucks but t's just a wait, nobody's sick, nobody's dying, it's not that big a deal".  Sometimes you need to actually be in a situation or know someone in it to really appreciate the gravity of it.  We're all gonna make it though!

I'm a little late on this, but wow! I can relate to you guys. I've had debilitating migraines almost every day for just about a month now too. Been to the ER twice, and its literally all from stress. Between this, the election, and my current job contract ending, my stress levels have been through the roof. Thankfully I at least have my husband with me here in Canada for the time-being. 

Timeline
9 hours ago, Prairiegirl3 said:

I'm a little late on this, but wow! I can relate to you guys. I've had debilitating migraines almost every day for just about a month now too. Been to the ER twice, and its literally all from stress. Between this, the election, and my current job contract ending, my stress levels have been through the roof. Thankfully I at least have my husband with me here in Canada for the time-being. 

Good Morning, 

Did anyone get an IL today?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Kingsrish said:

Good Morning, 

Did anyone get an IL today?

Nothing yet! Last month, letters went out on Tuesday, so let’s keep our fingers crossed for tomorrow...🤞🏼

Spousals NEED some good news already! 

Timeline
47 minutes ago, mattdwille said:

Hi all, new to the thread and glad to be here. My partner and I had our docs confirmed by the NVC in August. Now playing the waiting game like everyone else here! Would love to be added to the group chat, by the way. Thanks!

Hi there! Welcome! 

There is no group chat - this is it! We used to be in a private group chat, but moved to a public forum instead. You're in the right spot! 🙂

5 minutes ago, Lovepeace0303 said:

Hi there! Welcome! 

There is no group chat - this is it! We used to be in a private group chat, but moved to a public forum instead. You're in the right spot! 🙂

Thanks! From what I can see it's going to be quite a while until my partner receives an interview date, seeing as our paperwork wasn't approved until August. I'm guessing we won't have an interview date before mid-2021, does that seem correct?

Timeline
21 minutes ago, mattdwille said:

Thanks! From what I can see it's going to be quite a while until my partner receives an interview date, seeing as our paperwork wasn't approved until August. I'm guessing we won't have an interview date before mid-2021, does that seem correct?

That sounds about right. It really all depends on how quickly the Consulate functions. If we don't see spousals scheduled in December as well, there will be an even longer delay. Currently, Jan DQs are waiting for an interview date (so we're looking at a 11 month backlog from DQ to interview).

Timeline
2 hours ago, mattdwille said:

My partner and I had our docs confirmed by the NVC in August. 

Please edit your timeline for accuracy... Complete the missing fields and put your case complete date in the correct spot! https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=338644

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline
49 minutes ago, BeeGee2019 said:

please add me  to this group. thanks.

By participating in this discussion thread you are added.  Follow the thread and it's a bonus. 

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Canada.gif

Timeline
3 hours ago, Lovepeace0303 said:

Nothing yet! Last month, letters went out on Tuesday, so let’s keep our fingers crossed for tomorrow...🤞🏼

Spousals NEED some good news already! 

I really hope so, I was DQed on Feb 3rd, so I am hoping that I am in the next batch or the one after. Seeing some movement will keep my spirit up.

Timeline

I know we are all feeling discouraged today...

As a little glimmer of hope - I noticed that in November 2019, IL were sent out on November 13th, which was a Wednesday.. (Monday being a statutory holiday for some provinces in Canada)....  Let's keep fingers crossed that we see some movement tomorrow.

Also, if you look at our tracking document, someone who was DQ'd on Jan 6th has had their interview, and someone who has been DQ'd on Jan 7th is still waiting... This is a good indication that as soon as there is movement in Montreal, we *should* know about it!! 

Good Luck to all those with January / Feb DQ's :)

Timeline
16 hours ago, Prairiegirl3 said:

I joined VJ just because I’m so stressed out and I just need some kind of community right now 🥺 I feel like I put my whole life on hold and my wife is going through life without me in California  I’m just stuck here waiting for paperwork in Ottawa. I feel like I don’t have a life right now. I haven’t gotten a full nights sleep since July when NVC started dinking around with our paperwork because of all the stress 😞 this is never going to end

_:(´ཀ`」 

IR1 - DQ Oct 16 2020

---

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet 
(follow instructions at the top of the page and DM @Hawk Riders to be added)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.