Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, annierob said:

In terms of expedite, I wouldn't hold my breathe. My husband is suffering from a debilitating disease and is struggling immensely to care for himself. We had extensive proof, physician notes, lengthy medication lists, etc...and we got denied. I'm in the same boat as you in terms of timeline. All I can hope is that his case doesn't worsen while he waits for me to go and care for him. 

Let's just hope, by some miracle, the consulate gets back on track. 

I'm sure we're all racking up expensive therapy bills due to the anxiety. I want to say that I'm trying to stay positive, but it's hard. This group certainly helps me, as I know I'm not alone feeling this way.

Really sorry to hear that the consulate is giving you the runaround, it makes me furious that they're dragging out cases like yours. I'm banking my hopes, maybe naively, on a new administration that will kick the immigration system back into life again.

Became Canadian PR: 11/11/2017

I-130 NOA1: 04/06/2020

I-130 NOA2: 08/11/2020

NVC IV Package Sent: 09/10/2020

NVC DQ: 09/23/2020

Applied for Canadian Citizenship: 06/24/2021

IV Interview @ MTL: 08/04/2021

POE: 08/09/2021

GC in hand: 12/24/2021

Became Canadian Citizen: 06/21/2022

I-751 Submitted: 06/08/2023

I-751 Approved: 04/27/2024

10Y GC Received: 05/11/2024

N-400 Submitted: 05/15/2024

My guide on Importing a Canadian Vehicle into the US using a Registered Importer: https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/importing-dot-non-compliant-canadian-vehicles-into-the-united-states-with-a-registered-importer-r135/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

From the Canada-departure department, are folks remembering to submit NR-73 to the CRA?

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm sure we're all racking up expensive therapy bills due to the anxiety. I want to say that I'm trying to stay positive, but it's hard. This group certainly helps me, as I know I'm not alone feeling this way.

Wife has had a headache pretty much daily for over a month.  I'm on over two weeks.  She actually went to the doc and got an xray after 3 weeks and the diagnosis was stress headache combined with clenching/bracing of jaw, also from stress.  Same thing with me as my jaw is constantly sore and I catch myself unconsciously tightening my jaw all the time haha.  We're wrecks.  People not in this situation don't understand how stressful it is; honestly if I was not in the situation and I saw posts like this and many others in this thread I might think "jeez relax and get stoic, that sucks but t's just a wait, nobody's sick, nobody's dying, it's not that big a deal".  Sometimes you need to actually be in a situation or know someone in it to really appreciate the gravity of it.  We're all gonna make it though!

Edited by legendqueue

Timeline
32 minutes ago, NikLR said:

Corona is causing me to have more headaches because of clenching my jaw and needing new glasses.  I can't imagine having to go through immigration as well, but I am stressed about being able to see my kid graduate in May.  

I feel for all of you.  Immigration is stressful enough, but this year is making it 10 times worse.  Ya'll are doing great dealing with this. 

I just looked at your timeline - crazy that it only took 229 days from noa1 to interview. 
I’m on day 689 and still no interview. 😫

Timeline
2 hours ago, legendqueue said:

Wife has had a headache pretty much daily for over a month.  I'm on over two weeks.  She actually went to the doc and got an xray after 3 weeks and the diagnosis was stress headache combined with clenching/bracing of jaw, also from stress.  Same thing with me as my jaw is constantly sore and I catch myself unconsciously tightening my jaw all the time haha.  We're wrecks.  People not in this situation don't understand how stressful it is; honestly if I was not in the situation and I saw posts like this and many others in this thread I might think "jeez relax and get stoic, that sucks but t's just a wait, nobody's sick, nobody's dying, it's not that big a deal".  Sometimes you need to actually be in a situation or know someone in it to really appreciate the gravity of it.  We're all gonna make it though!

Oh wow! didnt realize this was so common - I've also been clenching my jaw  too -- I've never done this before now.

5 hours ago, Hawk Riders said:

From the Canada-departure department, are folks remembering to submit NR-73 to the CRA?

This is good reminder.

Does anyone know how long the processing time is for the NR73 these days? (about 2 yrs ago it was 6 months). I heard from an accountant that it is way longer now.

side note: nr73 is needed to release all funds in pension plans or LIRA's.

Timeline
On 11/6/2020 at 1:11 AM, CanadaDude said:

Really sorry to hear that the consulate is giving you the runaround, it makes me furious that they're dragging out cases like yours. I'm banking my hopes, maybe naively, on a new administration that will kick the immigration system back into life again.

Fingers crossed a new administration might help things flow better. Let's hope timelines will start making more sense soon. I have no idea how many other people are applying, but once the bottleneck of the pre-pandemic cases gets their IL, you would logically think the consulate would have more breathing room as there should be less cases. I would assume the pandemic has made it difficult for people to get married and apply, and I would assume that most married couples applied pre-pandemic.

Deep breathing and positive thoughts until then!

1 hour ago, DGF said:

Sitting at my gate in YVR after POE. Super easy process. CBP took my fingerprints and photo and then took me to secondary. Waited 20 minutes and then was called up and my visa was stamped, all I was asked was to confirm my intended address. The guy warned me that USCIS is slow due to covid so if it gets close to a year and I still don't have my green card to call USCIS to get my visa extended. 

Weird they didn’t take his fingerprints at the land border! But whatever we are officially all done!! 

Timeline
On 11/2/2020 at 6:47 PM, Hawk Riders said:

@Airline Pilot: got a tracking number for passport return yet?

@starboogie, got your passport?

@Hawk Riders Yes all went well. Had a tracking number the day after and visa last Monday. We met up around Albany NY and both drove down together. We are here in Charleston and the nightmare is over. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.