Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public

2,873 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Michelle_VM said:

Shoot, sorry, I thought you were taking a break. I never said they're relationship is "less valid". All anyone is looking for is fair. Nothing petty about that. There are only 2 interview days per week for whatever reason. If they are filled with K1 then guess who isn't getting interviewed. I don't feel anyone is attacking anyone and just voicing frustration with the process. 

Shoot, sorry, I guess the moderators disagree with your assessment. 

And you're right I did say I was taking a break. Unfortunately this forum is the best source of news I have found. 

Edited by jackanddeona

Timeline

so how d'you find out how many ILs went out weekly? cause i've legit been told by nvc and mtlc that "i'm just going to have to wait"  especially since i only got DQ'd august 14th 😕

Edited by Cressidia

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Cressidia said:

so how d'you find out how many ILs went out weekly? cause i've legit been told by nvc and mtlc that "i'm just going to have to wait"  especially since i only got DQ'd august 14th 😕

They usually go out monthly. Check the spreadsheet that was shared with you. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, wordsfromdani said:

This is actually not how I interrupt what they said, though I had to listen to it many times because the way they've worded it is not clear. Take her two comments separate for the visa-types they are relevant to.

IR/CR1

"As we release appointments for spouses and children of US Citizens the NVC will notify you of your appointment date" 

^^this is what we experienced on October 13 when @DGF, @Romans13, @Akaur and @eketros received their ILs. It was for a lower volume of appointments than we expected pre-pandemic but this happened. Try and hold tight, we aren't far way from the typical time in month where we might see these released. 

K1

"For Ks, "finance visas" we are now scheduling new cases that NVC transferred to us in March, but which were not yet scheduled.  Once, we work through those we will ask NVC to send additional cases to us." 

^^I know its easy to think that the second sentence implies there will be no movement on IR1/CR1 until they deal with these K1 cases but they reference "those" (bold added above) indicating (to me) that this statement only refers to K1 visas. They took the time in the video to talk about the visa categories separately, in my read/listen I'm am going to hold on to this interpretation and keep my fingers crossed for another (albeit likely small) batch of ILs to come in the next 10 days. 

VJ Family - I'm hurting like the rest of you. I'm tired, and I often feel hopeless in this process.  I fell asleep crying last night when I saw a K get an interview (but I am happy for that person and their loved ones), I woke up at 2:30 to check my email to see if ILs had been sent, I've dragged my feet at work all day stomach knotted with anxiety about this process. But I'm holding on to some hope that we have seen movement this month, and we will see movement next month too.  It's slow, but progress is something. 

I don’t know either way it looks like they are solely now working on k-1s as no spousal visas have interviews scheduled past next Monday.  They had shipped k-1s to the consulate as late as April 30. 
I guess we shall see in the next 2 weeks for december. 

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Dbrennan said:

Are November interviews completely off the table for us now? Or is there still a chance we could get some late nov interviews? I’ve been so sad all day 😢

I think its totally possible for Nov 25th / Nov 30th dates! I believe there have been interviews scheduled 2.5 - 3 weeks out...But more than likely I would assume Nov 30 would be the likely first date. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Tofu said:

I think its totally possible for Nov 25th / Nov 30th dates! I believe there have been interviews scheduled 2.5 - 3 weeks out...But more than likely I would assume Nov 30 would be the likely first date. 

Agreed. I think there was a lot of misinterpretation from the Consulate's video today. They specifically called out spousals/fiance categories separately. My interpretation is that they are going to work with NVC and give them interview date availabilities (hopefully soon). They are also going to continue to work through the K1 case files that were sent to the consulate in March before the shutdown and then request NEW K1 cases to be shipped to them from NVC after (not pause on spouses until then).  

My hope is to see interview letters come from NVC next week for December dates for spousals. Let's keep our fingers crossed! 

Edited by Lovepeace0303
I can't spell! :)

Timeline

Here is the spreadsheet info from the Facebook page for K1’s.  If they said they’re only doing those received in MARCH - there aren’t many to go.  

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yXsBaODEcERCnBkkVhTklmw1LrFVkY9dE6z2Q5D2kCc/edit

F59A2755-D67C-4473-A157-1667C84CFBAA.png

Timeline
1 hour ago, Cath&Claire said:

Here is the spreadsheet info from the Facebook page for K1’s.  If they said they’re only doing those received in MARCH - there aren’t many to go.  

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yXsBaODEcERCnBkkVhTklmw1LrFVkY9dE6z2Q5D2kCc/edit

F59A2755-D67C-4473-A157-1667C84CFBAA.png

We all have to keep in mind that we only know of 1/3 of the actual number of applicants. Not everyone is on VJ or Facebook 

Timeline
Just now, jstriders said:

We all have to keep in mind that we only know of 1/3 of the actual number of applicants. Not everyone is on VJ or Facebook 

We know that. But there’s a large enough pool that someone from this group or the facebook groups many of us are on will get an interview on the days allocated.  There are enough people that we can get a very good idea of what’s going on.  

6 hours ago, Lovepeace0303 said:

Agreed. I think there was a lot of misinterpretation from the Consulate's video today. They specifically called out spousals/fiance categories separately. My interpretation is that they are going to work with NVC and give them interview date availabilities (hopefully soon). They are also going to continue to work through the K1 case files that were sent to the consulate in March before the shutdown and then request NEW K1 cases to be shipped to them from NVC after (not pause on spouses until then).  

My hope is to see interview letters come from NVC next week for December dates for spousals. Let's keep our fingers crossed! 

I just rewatched the video and it seems that your explanation actually matches what she said. Honestly the video was confusing for those who didn't pay extra attention - as me. I am grateful that they are at least updating us a bit more constantly.

But there are some points that they could do better. They could come up with a solution to make this process a bit faster. We have been in this situation for more than 6 months. I am pretty sure they have smart people there, that could think on solutions to make this process happen faster. We all know that COVID will stay a bit longer here. Does that means that most part of us will be stuck in this process for a while? This is bad, mostly when other consulates are doing a way better job. 

I am hopeful that some one, with a brilliant mind, or a more proactive mindset, will take some action. 

45 minutes ago, Adaab said:

Hi, 

Just a quick question. Does anyone know the exact timeline. I'm planning to go abroad but i am afraid if i get my interview date in the meanwhile. I got Dq in late May. 

Is it safe to travel for two months?

I don’t think anybody has the exact timeline because the consulate isn’t giving us enough information, I would say make sure you have everything ready for your medical and interview (make sure you have your police check redone if it’s expired also) and book changeable flights if you need to come back earlier 

Timeline
59 minutes ago, Adaab said:

Hi, 

Just a quick question. Does anyone know the exact timeline. I'm planning to go abroad but i am afraid if i get my interview date in the meanwhile. I got Dq in late May. 

Is it safe to travel for two months?

I think you should be okay to travel for 2 months. Just be sure you're prepared and have all your unexpired documents. At the current rate MTL is going, Jan DQs are should get interviews in December. I'm envisioning something like this for the next 6 months of DQs (this is my speculation and only works IF spousals get scheduled in Dec):

Jan DQs --> December interview (NVC Nov interview letter)

Feb DQs --> January interview (NVC Dec interview letter)

Mar DQs --> Feb interview (NVC Jan interview letter)

Apr DQs --> Mar interview (NVC Feb interview letter) 

May DQs --> Apr interview (NVC Mar interview letter)

June DQs --> May interview (NVC Apr interview letter)

It's very possible Jan/early Feb DQs could get scheduled in December OR some end of Jan DQs seep over into a January interview, etc. depending on how often they schedule. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.