Linos

September 2020 I-130 Filers Club

373 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Wildcoffeelover1 said:

We ask that you allow additional time for this process to take place since we process these cases in the order received.

As someone who saw case after case with much later dates than my own get approved well ahead of me, I call BS on that one!

Our timeline:

Married:                      07/04/2016

Filed for I-130:           09/25/2020

NOA1 Date:                09/25/2020

Active review:            03/11/2021

I-130 Approved:         03/12/2021

Case sent to DOS:     03/15/2021

NVC Received:           03/15/2021

DS-260 fees paid:      03/16/2021         

I-864 fees paid:          03/16/2021

Sent IV package:        03/24/2021

Sent I-864 package:  03/24/2021
Document review:     04/27/2021 (Marriage certificate rejected, somehow I mistakenly uploaded a different document)

Re-sent IV package:  05/04/2021

NVC Completed:        06/04/2021

NVC Left:                    06/15/2021

Consulate Received: 06/15/2021

Medical Exam:           06/29/2021

Interview date:           07/13/2021 (review)

VISA approval:           07/13/2021

VISA Received:          07/17/2021

US Entry:                     07/28/2021 (POE: Chicago)(review)

Received SS card:     08/09/2021

1 hour ago, Wildcoffeelover1 said:

Hello all 

PD 09/09/2020

online says Nebraska 

Paper receipt says Texas

i emailed based on online states Nebraska out of normal processing time got this back today original email sent to USCIS 4/9/21image.thumb.png.9fa34d008f55af4ffb668b39d6f70e07.png

Do it based on your receipt. Mine is exactly the same. Paper said Texas and online said Nebraska. Turned out to be in Texas.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
Just now, luckyfish123 said:

Do it based on your receipt. Mine is exactly the same. Paper said Texas and online said Nebraska. Turned out to be in Texas.

I know but gave me excuse to email uscis since Nebraska currently out of  processing window  

On 4/12/2021 at 4:06 AM, Alex Prijn said:

Quite right, the wait for the USCIS is insane. It also doesn't help that all these organizations don't work a first come first serve system.

To be honest this doesn't change much during the NVC phase, the waiting times are just shorter in between steps. But I've seen NVC cases get DQ'd in between 4 days and 1 month, all in 2021.

I hope all our fellow September filers here something from USCIS soon.

On 4/13/2021 at 4:42 AM, luckyfish123 said:

9/25 here in Texas Service Center. Hopefully we will see something soon.

On 4/15/2021 at 7:22 AM, Adamsmith said:

You’re welcome 

On 4/15/2021 at 6:46 AM, Adamsmith said:

Hi guys. I just want to share my experience with y’all. I filed Form I-130 on 12/21/2020. online says Nebraska but Uscis agent said California. Whiles noa1 from Texas. I was sad when I heard my case is at California since their processing time was 19 months.
I got approve 4/14/2021 from California 

On 4/21/2021 at 1:06 PM, Kim and Joseph said:

Any September 2020 approval?

So far nothing yet, everyday I’ve been checking my account..

On 4/23/2021 at 2:08 AM, Ricca711 said:

I filed our I-130 September 20, 2020.  It has now been 214 since we received our receipt.  Has anyone had any updates regarding their petition?

Mine is 9/29/2020 I-130 nothing so far even rfe..

On 4/23/2021 at 4:23 AM, habihaha said:

9.25 2020 filed online. no update

case transfer from Nebraska to Texas without notice.

My case too, and now at least Texas were getting shorter time.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hiya, has anyone else had an RFE?  If so how long roughly did it take for USCIS to approve afterwards? They sent an RFE for my daughter on the 29th March (due to late registered birth certificate). I uploaded the evidence the next day.  My hubby and son were approved on the 1st April and have been stuck at NVC because I'm waiting for my daughter's approval.  I'm getting more and more frustrated lol x x.  #edit forgot to say her petition is at California SC x x

Edited by Louised
Additional info

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm looking forward to seeing some September movement at Texas Service Center. Looking at the timelines on VJ, practically no one has received a NOA 2 from TSC in the last month. It really clashes with the NOA 2 frequency of responses in the previous months. Understand VJ is a tiny sample of total petitions, but still looks strange.

It's also odd looking at the quarterly USCIS stats - TSC backlog keeps growing to now about 3 1/2 quarters' worth, whereas the Nebraska backlog is barely 1 quarter. Makes you wonder about the USCIS distribution process of petitions between service centers.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I wish the USCIS would get the service centers correct, or let us know of case transfers. Our receipt letter said Texas, online case status said Nebraska,  and about a month ago an Ask Emma live chat said Nebraska. We filed an "outside of normal processing time" enquiry for Nebraska and the response says our case is within processing time at Potomac which is just now processing December 2019 cases. Back to the long waiting game.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Finally got my daughter's i-130 approval after submitting evidence for her RFE on the 30th March.  It felt like an eternity of waiting.  Once I get her login info for NVC I can then move forward with her application as well as my son's and husband's (who were both approved on 1st April). Not gonna lie it's a relief but also kind of nervous about the NVC stage x x

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline
13 hours ago, ellen_yvr said:

I wish the USCIS would get the service centers correct, or let us know of case transfers. Our receipt letter said Texas, online case status said Nebraska,  and about a month ago an Ask Emma live chat said Nebraska. We filed an "outside of normal processing time" enquiry for Nebraska and the response says our case is within processing time at Potomac which is just now processing December 2019 cases. Back to the long waiting game.

Same thing happened to me. Receipt Notice said Nebraska, but upon chatting with a live agent through Ask Emma we found out that it is actually in Potomac. Felt frustrated about that, but I guess all we can do it wait. This is an extremely exhausting process, and when you're still waiting on the first step of things to happen, it feels like an eternity...

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Austria
Marriage (if applicable): 2020-06-12
I-130 Sent : 2020-10-28
I-130 NOA1 : 2020-10-28

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.