Cxxxxxxxxxxx

221g at CR1 interview(merged)

21 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!!! Need your help.

Got 221g at my CR1 interview. They’re asking for W2 form from an unemployed petitioner. All we could think of submitting them a letter explaining he didn’t have an income this year. 
What can we do if it gets rejected? 

Embassy doesn’t answer our emails. NVC and IRS said they can’t help. 

27 minutes ago, SFA14 said:

Did you get interviewed at the Abu Dhabi embassy? Have they started scheduling IR1/CR1 interviews?

Yes 

CO at embassy asked for W2 for 2019. Even though petitioner is unemployed. What can we provide instead in order to be approved?  We already passed NVC without W2. 

28 minutes ago, Cxxxxxxxxxxx said:

CO at embassy asked for W2 for 2019. Even though petitioner is unemployed. What can we provide instead in order to be approved?  We already passed NVC without W2. 

Do you have a sponsor for the petitioner? I believe you have to meet the income requirements to sponsor a Beneficiary. Anyone else want to chime in?

wpid-1030ldr.gif

13 minutes ago, bobjennyhitched said:

Do you have a sponsor for the petitioner? I believe you have to meet the income requirements to sponsor a Beneficiary. Anyone else want to chime in?

No co-sponsor. NVC accepted everything based on savings I guess. So really no idea why now at embassy stage.

Consulates / embassies have their own policy, you need cosponsor if you can prove your current income is sufficient.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Cxxxxxxxxxxx said:

No co-sponsor. NVC accepted everything based on savings I guess. So really no idea why now at embassy stage.

NVC does not approve visas, NVC only processes documents, to make sure they are all in the file.  It is up to the consulate/embassy and officers to make the final decision for a visa with information in the file on the petitioner's income/assets and public charge concerns, it's a judgment call based on the totality of the circumstances.  From your post it sounds like the officer did not think the petitioner's assets alone were enough for visa approval.  Time to get a co-sponsor.  Good luck!

12 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

NVC does not approve visas, NVC only processes documents, to make sure they are all in the file.  It is up to the consulate/embassy and officers to make the final decision for a visa with information in the file on the petitioner's income/assets and public charge concerns, it's a judgment call based on the totality of the circumstances.  From your post it sounds like the officer did not think the petitioner's assets alone were enough for visa approval.  Time to get a co-sponsor.  Good luck!

Thank you!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
18 hours ago, Cxxxxxxxxxxx said:

Hi everyone!!! Need your help.

Got 221g at my CR1 interview. They’re asking for W2 form from an unemployed petitioner. All we could think of submitting them a letter explaining he didn’t have an income this year. 
What can we do if it gets rejected? 

Embassy doesn’t answer our emails. NVC and IRS said they can’t help. 

Was the petitioner employed when they submitted the I-864?  Employed in 2019?  The answer you seek, depends on the answers to those two questions?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• Ontarkie changed the title to 221g at CR1 interview(merged)
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Related threads merged.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

5 hours ago, pushbrk said:

Was the petitioner employed when they submitted the I-864?  Employed in 2019?  The answer you seek, depends on the answers to those two questions?

No he wasn’t working since December 2018. They know that. CO asked me that before he asked for W2. But I’m not aware of that coz I’m foreigner ....

Edited by Cxxxxxxxxxxx
Error

Well this will be - no W2, no visa. No joint sponsor no visa. 
Petitioner needs to get a job or a suitable joint sponsor. Good thing is the consular will hold your case for a year before they send it back to NVC

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

9 minutes ago, milimelo said:

Well this will be - no W2, no visa. No joint sponsor no visa. 
Petitioner needs to get a job or a suitable joint sponsor. Good thing is the consular will hold your case for a year before they send it back to NVC

Even if we have enough assists, household and savings? 😔 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.